Insurance help

bb111

Can someone tell me when the I am eligible for insurance some say 30 working days, 8 weeks ,90 days what is the real deal here! I made my 30 a few weeks ago, and I really need to know for my daughter, cause needs medical treatment! Thank you for any info!

HazMatMan

Can someone tell me when the I am eligible for insurance some say 30 working days, 8 weeks ,90 days what is the real deal here! I made my 30 a few weeks ago, and I really need to know for my daughter, cause needs medical treatment! Thank you for any info!
Are you full-time or part-time? In my area part-timers have to wait a year to get benefits and 18 months for their family. Not sure about the full-timers benefits though.

bb111

that is true under the new contract, but the contract states as long as you gain senority before august 1st of this year you do not wait a year, I still fall under the old contract, but I am just trying to find out how long that is excactly thanks

HazMatMan

that is true under the new contract, but the contract states as long as you gain senority before august 1st of this year you do not wait a year, I still fall under the old contract, but I am just trying to find out how long that is excactly thanks
Then I believe the old contract was 6 months for benefits.

CFLBrown

I think there is a number to call for info on that subject. Check the UPS'ers website and starting looking for numbers for HR or Benefit Information or something. I remember back when I started I called them to check when I was going to be covered so I could get a letter to drop my wife's coverage. Good luck