Integrity has failed...

UPS is just a company and has no particular interest in you as a person.
True, I no longer work for UPS
UPS is willing to spend a certain amount for resources in order to get a task completed.
Lighting, heat, belts, electricity and people are just some of those resources.
And thankfully UPS is making a profit to do so.
UPS has stated it is not going to be that Patriarchal company that United Parcel Service WAS and that it's employees should adjust.
The purpose of a job at UPS is to exchange time and effort for money - it is a transactional relationship, no more, no less.
How can you comment on a culture you never worked in. If you didn't live it your clueless and are grasping at bits and pieces.
Do not let yourself fall into the trap of letting a job at UPS define who you are as a person.
UPS is an external influence and you must look within yourself to understand who you are and what defines you as a person.
Once you transcend the false relationship between UPS and yourself, you will be at peace with your external relationships and either accept them or terminate them.
My relationship with UPS was a job that, in your own words was an exchange of time and effort for money. That job provided paid the bills and put the food on the table. No more no less.
A bad relationship is not good for you - do not walk away but rather, run away.
Why run away...I walked away after 33 yrs. Many of us worked to grow the company and keep it profitable. Not only did it provide job security it enabled UPS to grow and expand and provide jobs for the next generation. Unfortunately some of those people hired are not thankful at all.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Pretty good at baffling us with BS! That is all I is....a bunch of BS. He has my attention.

Take the time to re-read the post, ask someone for help with the big words, if needed, and I think you will find that danny, I mean, Insincerity makes a great deal of sense. This is not your father's UPS. Times have changed and UPS has adjusted to these changes. UPS is a job in which I exchange time and effort in to money. The sooner that each of us accepts our place in the scheme of things the better off we will be.

Insincerity

I'm Insincere
Originally Posted by Insincerity
UPS is just a company and has no particular interest in you as a person.
True, I no longer work for UPS
UPS is willing to spend a certain amount for resources in order to get a task completed.
Lighting, heat, belts, electricity and people are just some of those resources.
And thankfully UPS is making a profit to do so.
UPS has stated it is not going to be that Patriarchal company that United Parcel Service WAS and that it's employees should adjust.
The purpose of a job at UPS is to exchange time and effort for money - it is a transactional relationship, no more, no less.
How can you comment on a culture you never worked in. If you didn't live it your clueless and are grasping at bits and pieces.
Do not let yourself fall into the trap of letting a job at UPS define who you are as a person.
UPS is an external influence and you must look within yourself to understand who you are and what defines you as a person.
Once you transcend the false relationship between UPS and yourself, you will be at peace with your external relationships and either accept them or terminate them.
My relationship with UPS was a job that, in your own words was an exchange of time and effort for money. That job provided paid the bills and put the food on the table. No more no less.
A bad relationship is not good for you - do not walk away but rather, run away.
Why run away...I walked away after 33 yrs. Many of us worked to grow the company and keep it profitable. Not only did it provide job security it enabled UPS to grow and expand and provide jobs for the next generation. Unfortunately some of those people hired are not thankful at all.

highlighted your comments in red for the other BCers to be able to understand which was yours and which were mine - you are welcome
your comments are valid except for one and that is that I worked at United Parcel Service longer than you did and I experienced both the culture of United Parcel Service and the culture of UPS
my comments were about UPS specifically but could be about any company - if a person hates their job, why stay there?

upssup

I know there are some states that have different criteria for minimum temps in buildings and the State OSHA's are fighting the cold temps in the buildings.