Integrity has failed...

Integrity

Binge Poster
I have worked in cathouses with no heat, on radiational cooling nights, -10F. It was around 5-15f "inside". Spent several mornings battling frostbite on the face, ears, etc

Try working 4 hours in that, thermals or whatever gear you choose...it's still dangerously cold for long-term exposure. If you dressed warm enough, you wouldn't be able to move to load the trucks.

I have worked in freezer/coolers warmer than that; talking from experience here. Those companies at least provide head to toe protective suits to wear, for which you can basically waddle around inside of.
Sleeve_meet_Heart
Thank you for your contribution to this discussion thread.
Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
I am not telling to get another job because you brought forth a concern. I am telling you to get another job because you would be happier. UPS is not going to change. UPS is a tough job. Just like when you were hired the buildings get cold in the winter and hot in the summer. From what you are saying here that seems to be a deal breaker for you. So for your own happiness try to find work that fits you. I am not saying this in a degrading way, I just see some people at this company that hate the work and hate the company and complain all the time. Life is too short. If you cant live with it move on. If its not that big of a deal to you stop complaining.

sano,
I do not base my happiness on the circumstances in my life. I especially don't base my happiness on the outcome of concerns I bring forth to UPS. Thanks for being concerned about my happiness but I can assure you that you need not be. In the "Truth" my joy is complete.

In case you were implying that I did, I do not hate the work and I do not hate UPS and concerns are not complaints.

The reason I brought this concern is not because I have been personally effected. I am warm at work. It is because of the amount of employees that have expressed their distress about it to me. I reviewed the issue and I saw that the memo and the implementation of the Cost Cutting intiatiive clearly violated claims in the UPS Policy Book. Unless this is just another false claim, the UPS Code Of Business Conduct says that it is the responsibity of every UPSer to bring forth concerns.
Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
I appreciate that Integrity tried to use the Employee Help Line in the manner it was designed for. It is useful to know that the Help Line is a lot of BS. I think they could have handled their response better..... Actually, there was no real response, was there?
over9five,
Thank you for your appreciation and your contribution to this discussion thread.
Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Then dont piss and moan about building temps

MonavieLeaker,
I sense hostility with your answer. I hope there is none. I have not done what you are claiming in your post above. All I have done is bring forth a concern stating my clear position with regards to this concern to the corporate executives of UPS through the UPS Help Line. I openly posted this concern on the blogs and I have openly posted the UPS responses to this concern. I have tried to openly share my opinion about this response and I have tried to answer any comment that this discussion thread has generated. Please show me where I was doing or am doing what you claim above. Any employee prone to doing this is probably more part of the problem than the solution. I would like to improve if I am guilty of what you say.
Sincerely,
I

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Obviously the UPS help line didnt wanna help you in this situation so the next best thing to do is talk to your CSHP Comittee about the situation and if that doesnt work file an Article 18 Section 6 Grievance that pertains to Building Heat

Last edited:

CharleyHustle

Obviously the UPS help line didnt wanna help you in this situation so the next best thing to do is talk to your CSHP Comittee about the situation and if that doesnt work file an Article 18 Section 6 Grievance that pertains to Building Heat

But don't you have to put your real name down when you sign the grievance? Geez, thats kinda scary!

Integrity

Binge Poster

But don't you have to put your real name down when you sign the grievance? Geez, thats kinda scary!

Good point :surprised:

Union file it on behalf of the whole building or the area that is not up tp the proper temperature.
To All,

Thank you for sound advice and comments however, I will not be following it at this time.

I have knowledge that this concern has been brought forth to the Employee Health and Safety Committees and to the Teamsters Union. I have no knowledge as to how the concern was addressed. Integrity will only use the method of communication that I am comfortable with. Remaining anonymous when bringing forth concerns is consistent with the policies and procedures set forth in the UPS Code Of Conduct and and UPS Policy, it is consistent with integrity. Individuals who try to harass, intimidate, coherce or belittle individuals that wish to remain anonymous are behaving and talking in a manner inconsistent with the policies and procedures set forth in the UPS Code Of Conduct and UPS Policy, this is inconsistent with integrity.
Sincerely,
I

pemanager

sano,
I do not base my happiness on the circumstances in my life. I especially don't base my happiness on the outcome of concerns I bring forth to UPS. Thanks for being concerned about my happiness but I can assure you that you need not be. In the "Truth" my joy is complete.

In case you were implying that I did, I do not hate the work and I do not hate UPS and concerns are not complaints.

The reason I brought this concern is not because I have been personally effected. I am warm at work. It is because of the amount of employees that have expressed their distress about it to me. I reviewed the issue and I saw that the memo and the implementation of the Cost Cutting intiatiive clearly violated claims in the UPS Policy Book. Unless this is just another false claim, the UPS Code Of Business Conduct says that it is the responsibity of every UPSer to bring forth concerns.
Sincerely,
I

Integrity, what policy, in your opinion, was CLEARLY violated? Did I miss it in the policy book where there are min / max temperature settings for our buildings?

fxdwg

Long Time Member
To All,

Thank you for sound advice and comments however, I will not be following it at this time.

I have knowledge that this concern has been brought forth to the Employee Health and Safety Committees and to the Teamsters Union. I have no knowledge as to how the concern was addressed. Integrity will only use the method of communication that I am comfortable with. Remaining anonymous when bringing forth concerns is consistent with the policies and procedures set forth in the UPS Code Of Conduct and and UPS Policy, it is consistent with integrity. Individuals who try to harass, intimidate, coherce or belittle individuals that wish to remain anonymous are behaving and talking in a manner inconsistent with the policies and procedures set forth in the UPS Code Of Conduct and UPS Policy, this is inconsistent with integrity.
Sincerely,
I

I apologize...but who asked you to represent "US"?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity, what policy, in your opinion, was CLEARLY violated?
Did I miss it in the policy book where there are min / max temperature settings for our buildings?

pemanager,
Please review the concern posted in the blogs and pages 14-27 of the current UPS Policy book for the above answers.
Sincerely,
I

fxdwg

Long Time Member
pemanager,
Please review the concern posted in the blogs and pages 14-27 of the current UPS Policy book for the above answers.
Sincerely,
I

Why not have him review every page instead of only 24 pages.

Your initial efforts were noble, but you need to simply go away and come back with a new screen name. May I suggest "Reality" or maybe "Just trying to get through the day"

blue efficacy

You people are the reason why the worker has been left behind in America today.

When this man, Integrity, is fighting for workers' rights, you treat him as the bad guy, not the company he is fighting against.

You misunderstand where the real problem lies, this can be dangerous. Corporate America has brainwashed you into thinking, "Listen to that guy whining about the lack of heat!" Of course, you really should be asking yourself "Why is it so cold in here?"

Integrity

Binge Poster
Why not have him review every page instead of only 24 pages.

fxdwg,
The 13 pages is the OUR PEOPLE section and is a very quick read.
Sincerely,
I

Your initial efforts were noble, but you need to simply go away and come back with a new screen name. May I suggest "Reality" or maybe "Just trying to get through the day"

fxdwg,
Thank you for the suggestions, but I will not be taking them at this time.
Sincerely,
I