Integrity issues?

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Are you telling me that you are disciplined because a customer was not at home or that the shipper gave you a bad address?

These and other things count against the center. Its new to me if a driver is disciplined for this. I have never heard that one before.

Is that really happening???

I'm telling you every morning drivers have to sign a piece of paper containing the previous day's "service failures", at the top of which says "type of error".

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
You must be in a Right To Work state with weak union representation if they have you believing that you can be disciplined for not signing something, or that you have no choice but to bend over and take such harassment.

Half the drivers in my building have our local union's Business Agent on speed dial. If the company even tried pulling crap like that here our BA would be up in the DM's office ripping him a new :censored2: within an hour.

I have always gotten a kick out of seeing what happens when the company transfers upper-level management out to here from RTW places like Georgia or Mississippi. They talk funny, they cant handle the weather, and they really cant handle working in a strong pro-union enviornment where the employees know their rights and aren't afraid to stand up for them. They are used to just walking all over their people and intimidating them and treating them like cattle. They look like a deer in the headlights the first time a BA or a shop steward gets up in their face and confronts them, and it finally dawns on them that the contract is something they will actually have to start following now.

Everything I am saying here has been said in this or another forum recently. I am in a right to work state. Most employees aren't involved in the union even if they are paying dues. I grieved this per article 37,1,a and when my day came there were so many complaints in front of me (re part-timers and dismissals for FIGHTING) that it was continued to January.

The bottom line at this comapny now is are you costing them money or saving them money. Either way your mug is on a board for all to see. "Service Failures" cost them money in the imaginairy world called Paperwork, and we are the Service Providers. It IS harassment. The ARE harrassing lower-level management too. It IS ALL BY DESIGN, part of the way this company has been run for years ie Piss everyone off 1st thing in the morning so they work harder. It ain't gonna fly for long. I am blue from the last month+ posting about this.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I'm telling you every morning drivers have to sign a piece of paper containing the previous day's "service failures", at the top of which says "type of error".

I'm telling you they don't have to sign them.

It really does not matter except that sometimes if a Union employee refuses to sign, then the panel or arbitrator may look at that as unwillingness to correct behavior. It is usually to the company's advantage if the employee refuses to sign something.

Last edited by a moderator:

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
they are reviewing legitimate errors with the drivers and asking them to acknowledge that they have reviewed the information?

I'm not smart enough to understand why you are bitching.

I misread the question I was replying to. Of sourse, SOME are legitimate. A NDA send-again that I made 2 attempts on in one day is not a freaking service failure. An adult sign. required send-again when no adult present is not a service failure.

Capiche?

tieguy

Banned
I misread the question I was replying to. Of sourse, SOME are legitimate. A NDA send-again that I made 2 attempts on in one day is not a freaking service failure. An adult sign. required send-again when no adult present is not a service failure.

Capiche?

not really.

thats why I asked you how many you were charged with and how many you felt were legitimate. Are we now up to 2 total you were charged with?

When you list those examples I'm guessing your sup and center manager are also charged with having these service failures? Is ups paying a refund on the examples you list?

what does your sup tell you that you should have done differently with these two examples you list.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
thats why I asked you how many you were charged with and how many you felt were legitimate. Are we now up to 2 total you were charged with?

When you list those examples I'm guessing your sup and center manager are also charged with having these service failures? Is ups paying a refund on the examples you list?

what does your sup tell you that you should have done differently with these two examples you list.

You did not ask how many I had been charged with:

How many service failures did you sign for this week and how many of those did you feel were not your fault?

My sup sticks the paper under my nose to sign and moves on to the next driver. He is a pawn and is just trying to keep his job.

The harassment trickles from above.

Pppfftthh.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
How many service failures did you sign for this week and how many of those did you feel were not your fault?

You did not ask how many I had been charged with:

My sup sticks the paper under my nose to sign and moves on to the next driver. He is a pawn and is just trying to keep his job.

Pppfftthh.

Is there a difference between signing for them and being charged with them?

Again are we paying refunds on the service errors and what should you have done differently to not have them show as errors.

these are fundemental questions one generally asks once they move past the "harrassment trickles from above" and pawn language.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Again are we paying refunds on the service errors and what should you have done differently to not have them show as errors.

Stayed home.

If UPS is refunding ppl bc they were not home after we called them/emailed them to say we were bringing them their package, well this co is being run by a buncha nimwits. I know better.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Stayed home.

If UPS is refunding ppl bc they were not home after we called them/emailed them to say we were bringing them their package, well this co is being run by a buncha nimwits. I know better.

You need to be more specific as to what you are calling a service error. If the pkg is 42 or A8 and the consignee is not home and you are unable to indirect, you scan the info notice and choose the correct non-delivery code, how is that a service error?

tieguy

Banned
Stayed home.

I'm trying to understand this new policy you say is working its way up the east coast. At this point I'm not sure you have taken the time to understand the process.

when the sup confronts you with service disconnects then I think you have an obligation as a service provider to understand what the sup is telling you.

pretzel_man

Capiche?

Pppfftthh.

I'm honestly not trying to be combative here, but I do not understand...

Here is what I think I heard (and yes, I may be biased).

Every day your supervisor shows you all the packages not delivered?

It seems like you are not disciplined for them? You say he doesn't even talk to you about it. Doesn't ask you to change behavior.

The harassment is just telling you about it? Making you sign that he told you?

If there are warning letters, suspensions, etc. I would understand.

Again, even though I am admittedly biased, I just don't understand why telling you about packages that didn't get delivered is harassment.