Integrity issues?

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
When the driver has been intentionally dispatched with a workload that would be impossible under normal conditions, it is fundemantally dishonest to screw the customer out of a refund for their missed package by using the "emergency conditions" cop-out just because there might be a little bit of snow. Failure to plan is not an emergency. Refusing to dispatch an adequate number of employees is not an emergency. Refusing to equip the package car with suitable tires or snow chains is not an emergency.

Thats what I said. "If this creates a delay or slow down of the normal delivery process"

tieguy

Banned
To me this discussion is the same as if I went to some remote section of Argentina and started a debate about john346's moral character. Since no one there knows John or his character I can pretty much make johns character whatever I decide it is. Those who then join into the discussion can then try to ask questions about Johns character which I will then answer with my own spin and opinion.

This thread is basically a wasted exercise in speculation since the folks who made the decision are not here to defend that decision. As such we are then forced to speculate on that decision based on whatever information John346 decides is important enough to share with us. We are then required to trust that the integrity of the person questioning the decisionmakers integrity is sound.

As such we have now appeared to draw the lines between those who think we should loudly scream to the customer that we screwed them and those make the argument that the decision to call this a weather emergency may acually have been right one. Those who want to believe the worst here will do so simply because the questioning of someones moral character, the spin of corporate deciet, the hatred for the faceless corporate entity is too strong to ignore the opportunity to bash.

The possible consequence to this exercise in speculation may very well be that customers will read this thread and think and believe the worst about us when the possibility is very realistic that the decision to use emergency conditions for a foggy weather event may have been the right one.

Is this really an effort to hold the company accountable for "integrity" or a misguided effort to shoot the masters who make us toil so strenously.

Does integrity require we ignore the impact of weather events in order to avoid any questions? Does the search for integrity require we make the ultimate sacrifice and throw ourselves on every grenade we see?

If integrity is really the purpose with this thread then where is the integrity in firing off these half cocked accusations?

Where is the integrity in this thread if the decisionmakers were actually right in this case and John346 was wrong? Will John now be able to go back to every customer who read this thread and correct his misinformation campaign?

I know that the decision to use emergency conditions is not taken lightly. It requires many decisionmakers questioning and justifying the use of that code. I am therefore willing to throw a challenge out. Lets take this sanctimonious quest for integrity to a new level. Let UPS investigate the use of this code and if used erroneously then fire the decisionmakers who used it. If the decision was right then lets fire john for the damage he has done to our reputation here.

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
To me this discussion is the same as if I went to some remote section of Argentina and started a debate about john346's moral character. Since no one there knows John or his character I can pretty much make johns character whatever I decide it is. Those who then join into the discussion can then try to ask questions about Johns character which I will then answer with my own spin and opinion.

This thread is basically a wasted exercise in speculation since the folks who made the decision are not here to defend that decision. As such we are then forced to speculate on that decision based on whatever information John346 decides is important enough to share with us. We are then required to trust that the integrity of the person questioning the decisionmakers integrity is sound.

As such we have now appeared to draw the lines between those who think we should loudly scream to the customer that we screwed them and those make the argument that the decision to call this a weather emergency may acually have been right one. Those who want to believe the worst here will do so simply because the questioning of someones moral character, the spin of corporate deciet, the hatred for the faceless corporate entity is too strong to ignore the opportunity to bash.

The possible consequence to this exercise in speculation may very well be that customers will read this thread and think and believe the worst about us when the possibility is very realistic that the decision to use emergency conditions for a foggy weather event may have been the right one.

Is this really an effort to hold the company accountable for "integrity" or a misguided effort to shoot the masters who make us toil so strenously.

Does integrity require we ignore the impact of weather events in order to avoid any questions? Does the search for integrity require we make the ultimate sacrifice and throw ourselves on every grenade we see?

If integrity is really the purpose with this thread then where is the integrity in firing off these half cocked accusations?

Where is the integrity in this thread if the decisionmakers were actually right in this case and John346 was wrong? Will John now be able to go back to every customer who read this thread and correct his misinformation campaign?

I know that the decision to use emergency conditions is not taken lightly. It requires many decisionmakers questioning and justifying the use of that code. I am therefore willing to throw a challenge out. Lets take this sanctimonious quest for integrity to a new level. Let UPS investigate the use of this code and if used erroneously then fire the decisionmakers who used it. If the decision was right then lets fire john for the damage he has done to our reputation here.

This is not a unique situation to that particular center. Take off the brown tie and think for yourself. If a driver can deliver to a house 3 blocks from you but ran out of time for your house because mgmnt had to make a number, how would you as the customer feel about that service?

tieguy

Banned
John has thrown his point out there that this decision was flawed. You in your efforts to specualate on the decision being in error now have to discount my knowledge and experience with the process.
if you're going to chase integrity then use it when you make your argument. Dont try to twist it and deny those parts of the argument that dont fit your hate the company attack.

I know the process involved in the decision to use this code. I know its not specific to a center and I know it has to be justified. I know it will show up on many someones reports the next day and will have to be explained and justified by the center team. This is not a hide a few packages in the mailroom issue. This one has a lot of decisionmakers involved and misusing that code is getting people fired all over the country.

have the integrity to conceed my knowledge of the process. Have the integrity to recognize that you may not understand everything and everyones involvement in this decision. Have the integrity to recognize that this type of misinformation spread here hurts our reputation much more then what actually happened. You guys claim to care about service but what you're doing with these message board fishing expeditions is ruining our reputation when chances are very good our reputation did not deserve the shot.

If you dont understand the business you're in then deliver the packages shut your mouths and leave the scutiny to those that understand this stuff.

While you guys are here shooting yourselves in the foot non union fdx is getting another analyst love fest boost. You ever see the brown bailout web page?

all those non union abused fdx employees are killing theirselves to promote their company while you guys try to kill yours every chance you get with this idiotic fishing expeditions.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Old Tieguy with his typical smoke and mirrors/shell game tactics.
In one post he questions everybody elses opinion and the validity of their postings, while asking in his next post that we yield to his self proclaimed expertise.
He underestimates us lowly hourly employees.
We know what we see and we aren't stupid.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You gotta love it, they dispatch you 50 stops above normal, crummy snow drifted roads, marginal tire tread, you call in 4 times letting them know you can't clean in 12 hours. THEN, when you return at your 12, actually finish your paperwork etc off the clock, they sheet the excess as "emergency conditions"!
I argued that had more time been allowed, it could be finished and clean, and these stops were "missed" pure & simple, but the report said it was foggy out there.
Try it sometime, have your kids game or practice that you can't make in time, and sheet a single stop as emergency conditions. Bet it's a different outcome. Integrity my butt.
:biting:
john346,

I really admire your desire to discuss matters of Integrity. It is common knowledge that dishonesty is a cancer spreading through UPS.

I think it helps to be honest and discuss it.

Sincerely,
I

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Shouldn't you be running your center right now? How do you have time to post on here? It's peak isn't it? I'm on break are you?

Like I told you before, I train my people to do the work (supervisors and non-management). To manage my center does not require me to be present.

Like I told you before, I train my people to do the work (supervisors and non-management). To manage my center does not require me to be present.

Great so in the next round of management cuts we can eliminate your job. Just like I always say your job could be combined with a pas sup and we could save the boys on wall street alot of money.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Lets see............. at our building yesterday the air was later than normal getting there. Now mind you that it was there before our start time, just later than normal. Since management decided to send everyone out with 10 and 11 hour days, we were instructed to sheet our late air as "Emergency Conditions." Sounds like a perfectly legitimate reason to me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Great so in the next round of management cuts we can eliminate your job. Just like I always say your job could be combined with a pas sup and we could save the boys on wall street alot of money.

This is a simplified description but there are 3 phases of management:
Planning
Organizing
Control / Execution

The Manager's job is primarily in the first two areas and the Supervisor's is the Execution.

A view from the outside looking in does not provide very good insight to the inner workings of a process.

thessalonian13

You gotta love it, they dispatch you 50 stops above normal, crummy snow drifted roads, marginal tire tread, you call in 4 times letting them know you can't clean in 12 hours. THEN, when you return at your 12, actually finish your paperwork etc off the clock, they sheet the excess as "emergency conditions"!
I argued that had more time been allowed, it could be finished and clean, and these stops were "missed" pure & simple, but the report said it was foggy out there.
Try it sometime, have your kids game or practice that you can't make in time, and sheet a single stop as emergency conditions. Bet it's a different outcome. Integrity my butt.
:biting:
In our center they are sending drivers home while over-dispatching the rest of us.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
This is a simplified description but there are 3 phases of management:
Planning
Organizing
Control / Execution

The Manager's job is primarily in the first two areas and the Supervisor's is the Execution.

A view from the outside looking in does not provide very good insight to the inner workings of a process.

When asked about his supervisor's execution he exclaimed "I'm all for it":happy2:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
John has thrown his point out there that this decision was flawed. You in your efforts to specualate on the decision being in error now have to discount my knowledge and experience with the process.
if you're going to chase integrity then use it when you make your argument. Dont try to twist it and deny those parts of the argument that dont fit your hate the company attack.

I know the process involved in the decision to use this code. I know its not specific to a center and I know it has to be justified. I know it will show up on many someones reports the next day and will have to be explained and justified by the center team. This is not a hide a few packages in the mailroom issue. This one has a lot of decisionmakers involved and misusing that code is getting people fired all over the country.

have the integrity to conceed my knowledge of the process. Have the integrity to recognize that you may not understand everything and everyones involvement in this decision. Have the integrity to recognize that this type of misinformation spread here hurts our reputation much more then what actually happened. You guys claim to care about service but what you're doing with these message board fishing expeditions is ruining our reputation when chances are very good our reputation did not deserve the shot.

If you dont understand the business you're in then deliver the packages shut your mouths and leave the scutiny to those that understand this stuff.

While you guys are here shooting yourselves in the foot non union fdx is getting another analyst love fest boost. You ever see the brown bailout web page?

all those non union abused fdx employees are killing theirselves to promote their company while you guys try to kill yours every chance you get with this idiotic fishing expeditions.

The only thing killing this company is the idiotic descisions by the management that runs it. Remember, we are instructed to work as directed.