Investigation!

I am an expert, and it’s definitely a personal attack.
fam-chest.gif

NYJetsfan87

Don't know you...

I never said I was tough or smart...

But you did. .

So I thank you.

Fact of the matter is...

If one cries to the internet instead of handling their real world, real life situations...

In the real world and real life..

They are weak.

Those are the facts.

Sups pick on those who let them.

You don't have to be a tyrant to make your presence felt.

But that's something this new generation never learned.

Hope that little bit of magic helped.
You’re entitled to your opinion and I respect that. All I’m trying to say this what might work with you , your union , and in your situation may not work for me and many others. You suggested I’m crying and that’s fine. I beg to differ. I’m simply stating the facts , explaining my situation and asking for some guidance. If anything I think it’s a bad look for local 804 that I have to come on a forum to get help. That being said , maybe we should focus on the tyrant full time supervisor in my building that should have been fired a long time ago. Instead you seem to be pointing out all my problems despite saying you don’t know me.

NYJetsfan87

Well I can assure you that you’ve read him wrong. @NAHimGOOD is a good Teamster and is just having fun with the OP. Sometimes blowing off a little steam and messing with someone is misconstrued as being a smart ass.
I appreciate you letting me know that. Duly noted. If you say he’s a good teamster he’s more then welcome to poke some fun at me. And it wouldn’t hurt to give me some good advice too :)

Whither

Scofflaw
You’re entitled to your opinion and I respect that. All I’m trying to say this what might work with you , your union , and in your situation may not work for me and many others. You suggested I’m crying and that’s fine. I beg to differ. I’m simply stating the facts , explaining my situation and asking for some guidance. If anything I think it’s a bad look for local 804 that I have to come on a forum to get help. That being said , maybe we should focus on the tyrant full time supervisor in my building that should have been fired a long time ago. Instead you seem to be pointing out all my problems despite saying you don’t know me.
Without knowing the details, my general guidance is:
1) Stand up for yourself: let the supe know you won't be bullied -- just be firm, no need to escalate the situation or make it "personal," e.g., better to avoid cussing out the supe haha, let alone risk physical violence which, yes, can get the supe fired but you as well.
2) Get a steward, or at least another hourly, to witness if the supe persists.
3) Document all hostile interactions (date, time, place, what the supe said or did that crossed the line) and file Art. 37 on the supe. Call the internal ethics hotline too, if you like.
4) Follow the methods vigilantly and CYA.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Without knowing the details, my general guidance is:
1) Stand up for yourself: let the supe know you won't be bullied -- just be firm, no need to escalate the situation or make it "personal," e.g., better to avoid cussing out the supe haha, let alone risk physical violence which, yes, can get the supe fired but you as well.
2) Get a steward, or at least another hourly, to witness if the supe persists.
3) Document all hostile interactions (date, time, place, what the supe said or did that crossed the line) and file Art. 37 on the supe. Call the internal ethics hotline too, if you like.
4) Follow the methods vigilantly and CYA.
Only cuss them out when no one else is around.

Whither

Scofflaw
Only cuss them out when no one else is around.
I've let a few choice words fly in my time haha. My tactic's been to never direct them at mgmt, e.g., "you stupid piece of ..." but at the situation -- they've gotten the message. Last year I managed to make a supe anxious about having to give me the weekly notice I was forced in on Sat. One Fri, a stew came up grinning and told me I had made that supe's day when I just walked by him, clipboard in hand, chuckled and said, "I already know what you're gonna say, I'll be enjoying my weekend as usual, happy Friday!" :wink-very:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How can i know if someone is under investigation by security or management? Is there a mechanism like filing a grievance and ask? A co-worker feels that he is because he has noticed a full time supervisor following him around! First I thought he was paranoid but yeah he was being followed and watched from a distance! I asked him if he has been confronted by security or management he said no (actual I witnessed the Sup following him from a distance as well) what can be done? I told him to take notes for when ever they want to call you in the office be ready! Comments?
Work as directed. You never have issues.

quad decade guy

If you follow ALL THE METHODS.......it could be construed as stealing(time).
Working as directed, by the methods(in writing or verbal) can be construed as anything....true.

However, at Panel.......or arbitration or even a local hearing....following the methods to the letter will keep your job...every time. IMHO.

Est.1998

If you aren't following the methods....it could be construed as stealing(time).
Your original posting of this sounded like you said following the methods can be construed as stealing time but now you're saying not following the methods can be. Please explain.
If you follow ALL THE METHODS.......it could be construed as stealing(time).
In the eyes of a manager that don't like you, one could be doing everything right and they'll try to make it wrong somehow.

Superteeth2478

Almost every post you make is about stuff that quite literally has nothing to do with you.
This is true, but that said maybe he'd make a good union steward? It is the steward's job to care about everyone else. That said my 10 cents on this one is that if the guy is stealing he's being followed more likely than not because they have pretty good reason to suspect it. If not, then he has nothing to worry about. Oversupervision is one thing, and certainly isn't something that should be occurring, but if they're not pestering him about methods then they're probably watching for something else.

Karma...

If all else fails consider doing your job......management doesn't bother the people who do their jobs......its the 80/20 ......only screw-ups get the attention.....the people who do their jobs get the breaks as well they should....why reward the screw-ups ?.....