Invited to VP Sam Nesbitt conference call

vantexan

I like you Van, don't do it. Just my thought, you're a big boy though.
Not inventing the wheel here. There's a well established history of travelers in the region from Europe and the U.S.. There are also U.S. expats there working in the oil industry, as well as at NGO's and our embassies. Estimated 4000 Americans in Kyrgyzstan, probably a lot more in Kazakhstan due to the oil. And it's not Afghanistan. Due to the communist suppression of religion for decades most Muslims in both countries are only nominally so. Kyrgyzstan is around 60% Muslim yet they outlawed a number of Muslim groups and ensure freedom of religion and the press.

Last edited:

vantexan

Well golly, van -- tell me all about my lifestyle. G'head, tell.

I'll wait.
Well you quit FedEx and are still on here. At least I retired. But I digress. I bet the real truth is you're a cloistered monk, and sneak away daily to a hidden corner to peruse the latest Brown Cafe posts.

floridays

Not inventing the wheel here. There's a well established history of travelers in the region from Europe and the U.S.. There are also U.S. expats there working in the oil industry, as well as at NGO's and our embassies. Estimated 4000 Americans in Kyrgyzstan, probably a lot more in Kazakhstan due to the oil. And it's not Afghanistan. Due to the communist suppression of religion for decades most Muslims in both countries are only nominally so. Kyrgyzstan is around 60% Muslim yet they outlawed a number of Muslim groups and ensure freedom of religion and the press.
You're grown, was just an older brother moment from me.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Well you quit FedEx and are still on here. At least I retired. But I digress. I bet the real truth is you're a cloistered monk, and sneak away daily to a hidden corner to peruse the latest Brown Cafe posts.

Tell me about my lifestyle, van. Still waiting.

vantexan

Tell me about my lifestyle, van. Still waiting.
I suspect you want to live in a nice home in a nice neighborhood, fill it up with nice furnishings, drive a nice car, fill the garage up with nice toys, send the kids to the best schools, wear fine clothes, eat great food, take nice trips, and eventually live off investments after a long ladder climbing career. Nice to have all that, but not if you exploited others to achieve it. I don't think you'll start a lucrative business but only keep so much, paying your employees above industry wages, and giving the rest to worthy causes. You'll continue to tell the exploited that they're exactly where they're supposed to be, only those like you are worthy of more, and that's life in a nutshell. I don't know about you, but I see the job as a means to an end that I want, and yes have complained because the things they did have kept me from achieving my goals sooner. I was never about just getting by in a small home, settling for less, drinking away my blues in an never ending cycle. Nor was I about chasing my tail for those things I suspect you want. Good luck with all that. Life is too short spending all of it trying to have things while making some rich guy richer. But if that makes you happy more power to you. Just try to keep the exploitation to a minimum for your soul's sake.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I suspect you want to live in a nice home in a nice neighborhood, fill it up with nice furnishings, drive a nice car, fill the garage up with nice toys, send the kids to the best schools, wear fine clothes, eat great food, take nice trips, and eventually live off investments after a long ladder climbing career.

I wear jeans almost all of the time. PB&J sandwiches are frequent. Plain car. Public schools. My lifestyle isn't much different now than it was when I was first married and we were broke. Live in a nicer area and that's about it. Not interested in the pursuit of material things.

I don't think you'll start a lucrative business but only keep so much, paying your employees above industry wages, and giving the rest to worthy causes.

I don't think I will, either.

You'll continue to tell the exploited that they're exactly where they're supposed to be, only those like you are worthy of more, and that's life in a nutshell.

How do I continue to do something that I haven't started doing?

I don't know about you, but I see the job as a means to an end that I want, and yes have complained because the things they did have kept me from achieving my goals sooner. I was never about just getting by in a small home, settling for less,

...the pursuit of material things

Nor was I about chasing my tail for those things I suspect you want.

Me neither.

Good luck with all that. Life is too short spending all of it trying to have things while making some rich guy richer. But if that makes you happy more power to you. Just try to keep the exploitation to a minimum for your soul's sake.

"I'm going to make all sorts of crazy assumptions about you and then say I'm the opposite because it helps me to feel better."

vantexan

I wear jeans almost all of the time. PB&J sandwiches are frequent. Plain car. Public schools. My lifestyle isn't much different now than it was when I was first married and we were broke. Live in a nicer area and that's about it. Not interested in the pursuit of material things.

I don't think I will, either.

How do I continue to do something that I haven't started doing?

...the pursuit of material things

Me neither.

"I'm going to make all sorts of crazy assumptions about you and then say I'm the opposite because it helps me to feel better."
I based all of that on your postings here for years. If incorrect mea culpa, but that's what you project.

Oldfart

He quit, you retired. What is the difference? Either way, not working at company and staying on a forum about that company is odd. And staying on that forum and whining about crap that happened 10 years ago is even odder. Still can't figure out why the UPS man stays on here. Operational said she post on the UPS forum. That is odd as well but she hasn't got much else to do except stay on here bitching and whining.