Invited to VP Sam Nesbitt conference call

snowcat66

Got A text from my manager that I was selected to be at a 0630am conference call with VP Sam Nesbitt this friday. My manager has no clue what it could be about. I'm a 25 year employee/Swing driver who keeps low profile so not sure what he could want me for.. any ideas out there ?

bacha29

Got A text from my manager that I was selected to be at a 0630am conference call with VP Sam Nesbitt this friday. My manager has no clue what it could be about. I'm a 25 year employee/Swing driver who keeps low profile so not sure what he could want me for.. any ideas out there ?
Don't you get it? Express grunts and Ground contractors have one thing in common You're not retired......you're disposed of

Purplepackage

It's almost like a skip level meeting where they just talk about themselves and you aren't supposed to ask any questions that might upset them

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Personally, I liked Sam Nesbit when he came to my station for a skip level meeting. He’s from the Bronyx and very approachable. I told him I was going to talk to him like the guy in the truck next to me. Lol.

Purplepackage

Personally, I liked Sam Nesbit when he came to my station for a skip level meeting. He’s from the Bronyx and very approachable. I told him I was going to talk to him like the guy in the truck next to me. Lol.

A couple of our guys were on a call with him once and someone asked the wrong question, all of the managers got a scolding lol

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I understand that no one is ever supposed to ask him the size of his caulk. Evidently he is quite the handyman, but apparently doesn’t wish to divulge any of his secrets I guess. :mellow:

bacha29

What are you even saying?
He was wondering what it was all about. I in a nice way was trying to tell him to be prepared for the worst. No question that guys like OF are the last of his generation of X grunts, one that will accumulate multiple decades of pension obligations and legacy costs that X will have to incur and true to today's corporate culture these types of liabilities are the kinds they are looking for a way out of.

Purplepackage

He was wondering what it was all about. I in a nice way was trying to tell him to be prepared for the worst. No question that guys like OF are the last of his generation of X grunts, one that will accumulate multiple decades of pension obligations and legacy costs that X will have to incur and true to today's corporate culture these types of liabilities are the kinds they are looking for a way out of.

Prepared for what? Lol it's literally a formality conference call with probably snowcat and 5 other people from his station. It's a bunch of corporate jargon and bull:censored2: to convince workers that the company is listening.

I honestly have no idea how what you're saying is even relevant

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Prepared for what? Lol it's literally a formality conference call with probably snowcat and 5 other people from his station. It's a bunch of corporate jargon and bull:censored2: to convince workers that the company is listening.

I honestly have no idea how what you're saying is even relevant
It’s like when we had our BS skip level meeting with him, he wasted the first 25 mins of the meeting telling us stupid stuff about FedEx that our SM or Ops mgrs could tell us at any time, and that we could not care less to hear. The rest of the meeting, 15 mins, there was only time to ask three questions. All by design...give the people as little time as possible to ask questions.

Purplepackage

It’s like when we had our BS skip level meeting with him, he wasted the first 25 mins of the meeting telling us stupid stuff about FedEx that our SM or Ops mgrs could tell us at any time, and that we could not care less to hear. The rest of the meeting, 15 mins, there was only time to ask three questions. All by design...give the people as little time as possible to ask questions.

That's not just Fedex though, that's any company with a corporate structure. My sons wife is a teacher and the lack of communication between the chain of command at her school is almost as bad as Fedex lol

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

It's likely just an opportunity to sit in and listen to a routine call that discusses stuff relevant to that region. There will probably be some of it that pertains to you and the other hourlies. Nothing to worry about.

Unless they plan on firing you.

Oldfart

It's likely just an opportunity to sit in and listen to a routine call that discusses stuff relevant to that region. There will probably be some of it that pertains to you and the other hourlies. Nothing to worry about.

Unless they plan on firing you.
Might be discussing what steps the company is taking since they lost a key employee like Dano.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I understand that no one is ever supposed to ask him the size of his caulk. Evidently he is quite the handyman, but apparently doesn’t wish to divulge any of his secrets I guess. :mellow:

Hilarious when you put it in the context of what I observed. An unnamed (here) FedEx VP "retired" and is now a self-employed handyman in an upscale community that was on my route. Still a nice guy, happier than he's ever been. But quite a fall from grace.

bacha29

Hilarious when you put it in the context of what I observed. An unnamed (here) FedEx VP "retired" and is now a self-employed handyman in an upscale community that was on my route. Still a nice guy, happier than he's ever been. But quite a fall from grace.
This is what I was trying to get at. With the culture of that company being what it is today nothing those people do or say can be deemed trustworthy or believable. A cauldron of treachery deception betrayal and lies all done in accordance with the only 3 letters in the alphabet they know to exist.....E P S.

whenIgetthere

Sounds like the last skip level meeting I was at.