Invited to VP Sam Nesbitt conference call

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Must've got under your skin a bit, eh? Why is it that we can't recount our experiences without it being considered whining? I'll tell you why. You in particular have made it a point to tell us how we don't get the big picture, how we are too simple to understand the machinations of a corporate enterprise.

You didn't get the big picture. Maybe you weren't smart enough. Maybe you were smart enough but didn't care. Maybe it was something else. Wasn't my problem then, isn't my problem now.

You're a snob, pure and simple. And a defender of the indefensible.

Far from it, but I guess it depends on your perspective. People from Mississippi think that people from Maine talk funny.

You most likely think it's fine what management did to us because we only deserve what they determine we deserve. That we're beholden to them. The fact that they lied repeatedly to get to what they wanted is the definitive answer to whether what they did was fair, just, and honest. We deserved better, and all the corporate apologists in the world won't ever change that. And :censored2: you and Oldfart too.

Second verse, same as the first.

59 Dano

I respect the fact that you will answer a direct question, directly, that is very uncommon on this board.
Out of curiosity, and for the edification of some on this board, what was your position with the company when you resigned?

Somewhere between handler and CEO.

59 Dano

Tex is not an idiot----he was given lemons and was unable to make lemonade.

He was given lemons and decided against making lemonade as he complained that he deserved much better, then decided that he would try to make lemonade but had waited too long and the lemons rotted.

59 Dano

Got a cheap seat on the wing! Actually the flight from Orlando to London is only $167 on standby.

I don't know what I'd have to smoke to take that kind of gamble on the 1st leg of a 3 leg international trip. Or to fly Spirit... ever.

Oldfart

I don't know what I'd have to smoke to take that kind of gamble on the 1st leg of a 3 leg international trip. Or to fly Spirit... ever.
I have never flown intl. but I do fly domestic plenty. Standby is a BIG gamble these days, especially for 2. Just about every time I fly it is a full plane and sometimes they are asking for volunteers to be bumped. Like Dano said, standby on the 1st of a 3 leg trip can be a nightmare. Hopefully tex makes it to Asia. There are dogs and cats to be eaten, outdoor plumbing to be used and most modern day conveniences to NOT be had. Bummer

vantexan

I have never flown intl. but I do fly domestic plenty. Standby is a BIG gamble these days, especially for 2. Just about every time I fly it is a full plane and sometimes they are asking for volunteers to be bumped. Like Dano said, standby on the 1st of a 3 leg trip can be a nightmare. Hopefully tex makes it to Asia. There are dogs and cats to be eaten, outdoor plumbing to be used and most modern day conveniences to NOT be had. Bummer
Look up Almaty Kazakhstan. Was once one of the 50 most expensive cities in the world. Oil crashed, and their currency was devalued. They have a metro, called subways here, and all the modern conveniences. Really nice malls, new cinemas. I'll have an Airbnb for two months, $193 a month all inclusive, then push on to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.

vantexan

He was given lemons and decided against making lemonade as he complained that he deserved much better, then decided that he would try to make lemonade but had waited too long and the lemons rotted.
I'm confident that I did more for FedEx than you ever did. You're a mercenary, nothing more.

floridays

Look up Almaty Kazakhstan. Was once one of the 50 most expensive cities in the world. Oil crashed, and their currency was devalued. They have a metro, called subways here, and all the modern conveniences. Really nice malls, new cinemas. I'll have an Airbnb for two months, $193 a month all inclusive, then push on to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
I like you Van, don't do it. Just my thought, you're a big boy though.

59 Dano

Vegas with the guys every year. Costs very little. Fly for free with the SWA Rapids Rewards card; can cancel, sign up again, and collect the bonus every 24 month. I have more points than I'll probably every use. Room (CET properties) is free because we all use the CET player's card and some of us have the CET rewards credit card that can provide good benefits such as free food, free play, and covering the BS resort fees that are common these days.

I don't do much "gambling" at all. Me and another guy will bet $30/hand each at the craps table with offsetting bets and rack up some crazy comps for almost no risk. Booze is free as long as you're at a table or a machine.

Free trips are THE BEST.