Invited to VP Sam Nesbitt conference call

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It's stupid because it challenges authority. No, it's a fair question, just stupid in some circles.

It's stupid when you have the opportunity for an interaction of that type and you waste by trying to play "gotcha" with something that's hypothetical or so rare that it might as well be hypothetical. Followed closely by cases of frivolous local drama.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Oh, one whole week out of the year? How unsafe do you think it'll be that one week?
Then there’s the other aspect of it. Many of us have families. Why the hell would I want to take away precious time from MY family to deliver packages to people who couldn’t get off their asses to order their gifts til the last minute. My time with MY family is much more important than working. If you can’t see that, I’m sorry for you.

Oldfart

Then there’s the other aspect of it. Many of us have families. Why the hell would I want to take away precious time from MY family to deliver packages to people who couldn’t get off their asses to order their gifts til the last minute. My time with MY family is much more important than working. If you can’t see that, I’m sorry for you.
Because those people order gifts, we all have a job.

59 Dano

You'd waste a meeting with someone in the company to complain that your schedule is sometimes inconvenient?

59 Dano

Inconvenient? Lol. You’re funny.

Trying to take you seriously. This is the nature of the industry. Not FedEx, the entire industry. I don't know what you can expect anyone to do about something that's inherent in that line of work. Might as well be upset about having to work in the rain. That's the way the business is and I don't know what anyone would expect a regional VP to do about it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Trying to take you seriously. This is the nature of the industry. Not FedEx, the entire industry. I don't know what you can expect anyone to do about something that's inherent in that line of work. Might as well be upset about having to work in the rain. That's the way the business is and I don't know what anyone would expect a regional VP to do about it.
I would expect them to say that whatever isn’t delivered by Saturday, 12/23 won’t get delivered until 12/26, thereby allowing FedEx “team members” the opportunity to enjoy the holiday with their families. And by doing so, putting the “People” back in PSP. Don’t know why that’s so hard to understand. I’m not complaining about working the two saturdays before Christmas, because I DO believe that is a part of the job. Sunday is not.

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
And you can bet your ass that there will be NO Regional VPs working on 12/24.

59 Dano

I would expect them to say that whatever isn’t delivered by Saturday, 12/24 won’t get delivered until 12/26, thereby allowing FedEx “team members” the opportunity to enjoy the holiday with their families. And by doing so, putting the “People” back in PSP. Don’t know why that’s so hard to understand. I’m not complaining about working the two saturdays before Christmas, because I DO believe that is a part of the job. Sunday is not.

Saturday isn't 12/24. Sunday is. Christmas is Monday.

vantexan

It's stupid when you have the opportunity for an interaction of that type and you waste by trying to play "gotcha" with something that's hypothetical or so rare that it might as well be hypothetical. Followed closely by cases of frivolous local drama.
So in your opinion what would be an acceptable question? If non-DOT employees are expected to work very long hours to get those packages off, to the point they have little time to spend with their own families, and feel unsafe, do they not have a right to address those concerns to someone high enough up the ladder to actually do something about it? Or is it just a photo op?