Iraq 10 years after

av8torntn

Another example of REAGANS fine handling of US taxpayer dollars..

"By the end of 1983, US$402 million in agriculture department loan guarantees for Iraq were approved. In 1984, this increased to $503 million and reached $1.1 billion in 1988. Between 1983 and 1990, CCC loan guarantees freed up more than $5 billion. Some $2 billion in bad loans, plus interest, ended up having to be covered by US taxpayers."

TOS.

Troll

Is your new claim they used agriculture loans to grow wmds or is your new stance that Iraq can't be trusted? Your angry little rants are kind of getting all over the place.

av8torntn

The USA during the Reagan administration were so "dirty" and up to there necks in assisting Hussein with weapons and chemicals, but thats not all.. How about helicopters that were used to spray chemical agents on the kurds??

"Conventional military sales resumed in December 1982. In 1983, the Reagan administration approved the sale of 60 Hughes helicopters to Iraq in 1983 "for civilian use". However, as Phythian pointed out, these aircraft could be "weaponised" within hours of delivery. Then US Secretary of State George Schultz and commerce secretary George Baldridge also lobbied for the delivery of Bell helicopters equipped for "crop spraying". It is believed that US-supplied choppers were used in the 1988 chemical attack on the Kurdish village of Halabja, which killed 5000 people."

AS I told you before. Educate yourself. A good read.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2004/06/17/how-reagan-armed-saddam-with-chemical-weapons/

TOS.

Troll

Are you seriously now claiming that because the U.S. allowed the sale of helicopters to Iraq that backs up your claim that we sold them chemical weapons? Desperate even for you.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Troll

Are you seriously now claiming that because the U.S. allowed the sale of helicopters to Iraq that backs up your claim that we sold them chemical weapons? Desperate even for you.

You sound like that "guy" who is being told his wife is cheating on him and refuses to believe it. We all laugh behind your back and you move forward polishing your wedding ring.

TOS.

av8torntn

You sound like that "guy" who is being told his wife is cheating on him and refuses to believe it. We all laugh behind your back and you move forward polishing your wedding ring.

TOS.

Troll

You sound like that guy who thinks that he found the smoking gun while everyone laughs at you to your face but the sale of a 1980s helicopter and a few old bell helicopters isn't a wmd. Sorry as I know you'd really love to find a way to blame the U.S. but you'll need more than that.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Troll

You sound like that guy who thinks that he found the smoking gun while everyone laughs at you to your face but the sale of a 1980s helicopter and a few old bell helicopters isn't a wmd. Sorry as I know you'd really love to find a way to blame the U.S. but you'll need more than that.

Its documented in history bub. Something you want to ignore. Like the wife. (hypothetically)

TOS.

wkmac

It's commonly reported that we supplied Iraq with chemical weapons in the 1980's.

Is that incorrect?

Only asking because I don't know.

A re-visit to your post to offer a little more clarity to your question. This piece below was published a matter of weeks before we invaded Iraq in 2003'. The questions were there but as Col. Wilkerson pointed out, a certain cabal of forces were controlling every aspect of the narrative so that any opposing viewpoints in the circles of decision were crushed.

Rumsfeld 'helped Iraq get chemical weapons'

wkmac

Also BrownArmy, research Carlos Cardoen and start down that rabbit hole. Cardoen also served as a wall to allow plausible deniability for political interests in the US.

Picture of Cardoen meeting with Saddam Hussein.

200px-Cardoen_Saddam.jpg

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Troll

You're trying so hard. It's a shame you can't produce any of those records.

I am not trying anything at all. The record speaks for itself. Your pursuit of an "education" isnt my responsibility. Of all the sources posted on this thread, YOU are the only one still holding out that the USA had nothing to do with handingSaddam Hussein weapons of mass destruction ( by bushs definition) during the Reagan administration.

As I previously stated, You are free to believe whatever you want to believe. I cant fix stupid.

TOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

av8torntn

I am not trying anything at all. The record speaks for itself. Your pursuit of an "education" isnt my responsibility. Of all the sources posted on this thread, YOU are the only one still holding out that the USA had nothing to do with handingSaddam Hussein weapons of mass destruction ( by bushs definition) during the Reagan administration.

As I previously stated, You are free to believe whatever you want to believe. I cant fix stupid.

TOS.

Troll

Likewise it isn't my fault that your smoking gun is the US allowing the sale of an agricultural helicopter to Iraq. Ironic since if the U.S. would have blocked that sale you likely would have been the first to cite that as a reason they hate us.

It's also interesting to note that you made the claim that you had photographic and documented evidence of US made wmd's in Iraq yet what you produce doesn't even amount to a good conspiracy theory.

Guess a troll gotta be a troll.

Panin

Well-Known Troll
Troll
From Reason Magazine:

Why didn't the government reveal their existence? Possibly because they were embarrassed that they were wrong, or perhaps because in some cases the U.S. and some of its Western allies had played a role in designing or creating the weapons in the first place:

Participants in the chemical weapons discoveries said the United States suppressed knowledge of finds for multiple reasons, including that the government bristled at further acknowledgment it had been wrong. “They needed something to say that after Sept. 11 Saddam used chemical rounds,” Mr. Lampier said. “And all of this was from the pre-1991 era.”

Others pointed to another embarrassment. In five of six incidents in which troops were wounded by chemical agents, the munitions appeared to have been designed in the United States, manufactured in Europe and filled in chemical agent production lines built in Iraq by Western companies.

av8torntn

From Reason Magazine:

Why didn't the government reveal their existence? Possibly because they were embarrassed that they were wrong, or perhaps because in some cases the U.S. and some of its Western allies had played a role in designing or creating the weapons in the first place:

Participants in the chemical weapons discoveries said the United States suppressed knowledge of finds for multiple reasons, including that the government bristled at further acknowledgment it had been wrong. “They needed something to say that after Sept. 11 Saddam used chemical rounds,” Mr. Lampier said. “And all of this was from the pre-1991 era.”

Others pointed to another embarrassment. In five of six incidents in which troops were wounded by chemical agents, the munitions appeared to have been designed in the United States, manufactured in Europe and filled in chemical agent production lines built in Iraq by Western companies.

Troll too

More speculation by reason? You bring possibly, could have and appears as the basis for your grand conspiracy? Funny stuff

At least you guys have moved on from Iraq didn't violate the cease fire agreement to it shouldn't matter because it appears to reason that they possibly, could have converted converted our technology to wmds.

You two are funny if little else. Thanks for another great laugh.

Panin

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Troll too

More speculation by reason? You bring possibly, could have and appears as the basis for your grand conspiracy? Funny stuff

At least you guys have moved on from Iraq didn't violate the cease fire agreement to it shouldn't matter because it appears to reason that they possibly, could have converted converted our technology to wmds.

You two are funny if little else. Thanks for another great laugh.
So dismissing the most Libertarian source I could find, out of hand? It's even funded by your heroes, the Kochs.

You have shown an adversity to reality based discussions, so Good Day, sir.

av8torntn

So dismissing the most Libertarian source I could find, out of hand? It's even funded by your heroes, the Kochs.

You have shown an adversity to reality based discussions, so Good Day, sir.

Troll too

If you would like to join reality you should possibly bring some facts to the discussion instead of your petty unfounded speculation. That's probably too much to ask of you though.