Is 22.4 Required?

Hey there, I have been working inside the UPS facility as a part time employee for hte past 4 years or so, I havent signed a bid list until recently and was called about working 22.4. I came to realize that I will be fired and rehired. I was wondering if it was possible to go from part-time straight to Monday -Friday full time driving signing the bid list using my seniority as a part-time employee. I tried reading through our contract before this, but didn't find anything specific.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Not really but they might use company seniority still for bidding into a regular driver position. Besides what's the fun of abusing a 22.4 of they get 4 vacation weeks off the rip lol.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey there, I have been working inside the UPS facility as a part time employee for hte past 4 years or so, I havent signed a bid list until recently and was called about working 22.4. I came to realize that I will be fired and rehired. I was wondering if it was possible to go from part-time straight to Monday -Friday full time driving signing the bid list using my seniority as a part-time employee. I tried reading through our contract before this, but didn't find anything specific.
Just tell them you’d like to opt out of 22.4 for the time being

You don't have a choice if you want to go full time get to start out with a 22.4 job

PizzaToUps

Depends on your supplement… in SoCal however, you may skip 22.4 and still become a RPCD as part time employees and 22.4 still sign up on the same PT to FT list

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
BYE BYE SATURDAYS 🤣🤣🤣

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Wait we get 4 weeks vacation as 22.4 right off the bat?
No. The OP has 4 years of company seniority, albeit part time years, so his vacation weeks would carry over. Even in his case, 4 years of seniority ≠ 4 weeks of vacation in my local. You get your 4th week at 15 years here if you don’t count the option week.

nWo

Who would get a RPCD position first 22.4 or a 22.3? A 22.3 with more ft seniority should have first dips right?