Is 5 days of scratch actually mandatory

trickpony1

Yea. Day 20.
I hope you are keeping detailed notes at home on how often they change your route, leave building times, helping other drivers and any other exceptions they could use against you to DQ you at the end of your 30.

Don't run around telling everyone you are keeping notes.

Don't work or drive on your lunch. They can fire you for that.

Good luck.

Porknado

I hope you are keeping detailed notes at home on how often they change your route, leave building times, helping other drivers and any other exceptions they could use against you to DQ you at the end of your 30.

Good luck.
All of this, and I’d record your punches in, out and lunch start/stop as well as any deviations from your regular route, such as being asked to cover extra pickups, deliver misloads (and note address if it’s out of your area), air meets, or taking stops off another driver.

Nothing may come of it but if you’ve got all that info at hand when they come griping about over allowed, it may shut them up for a minute.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider

Good luck.
I was under the impression that if they changed your dispatch at any time during your 30, then that’s an automatic qualification. @542thruNthru ?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I got enough to scratch while qualifying by rushing for extra pickups and air drops from neighboring routes. did not tell anyone except the drivers who obviously knew I ran off with it. As soon as they bumped up my stop count, I was no longer able to beat scratch as I was no longer able to take extra pieces and drop myself.

Or at least, that's what I think, they can really manipulate the numbers however they like.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I got enough to scratch while qualifying by rushing for extra pickups and air drops from neighboring routes. did not tell anyone except the drivers who obviously knew I ran off with it. As soon as they bumped up my stop count, I was no longer able to beat scratch as I was no longer able to take extra pieces and drop myself.

Or at least, that's what I think, they can really manipulate the numbers however they like.
All I had to do was make sure I didn’t get in an accident an come back clean at a reasonable time. No one scratched

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
All I had to do was make sure I didn’t get in an accident an come back clean at a reasonable time. No one scratched
Good
To me, rushing was just dropping stuff at the front door from a sorted car. We do back porch and customer contact in this town, lots of stolen crap. knowing the common house designs is helpful for good drs.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If they like you you'll qualify, if they don't you won't. They'll use numbers to justify whatever decision they make but ultimately what matters the most is if they like you or not. They like the kind of drivers that they think are gonna help them out at peak, they don't like the kind of drivers that are gonna run 2 hours over and file a lot of grievances. You got 30 days to convince them that you're the first kind.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
There have been a couple people I have known who scraped the truck against something and still not get sent back…one of those people I know very very well.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
Starting last week I’ve been getting back to building before 5 which they said I was “minutes” from almost running scratch. Now that they’ve seen I’ve picked fast they added another 30 stops making it around 160-165 stops.

you should realize that adding more stops (to a degree) actually helps you to scratch. you see, while you get some you don't get enough credit driving to your area and back to the center. so with more stops that "commute" becomes a smaller portion of your day which is easier to make up for than when you have less stops. obviously it's a curve, if you have so many pieces that it hinders your ability to work efficiently yes that doesn't help, but think if you only had 6 pieces in your truck for the whole day, it'd be physically impossible to scratch.

Zowert

Doesn’t matter, even if you scratched the route every single day during your 30 they can still DQ you. As said many times before, it just depends on whether they like you or not.

summersaltstains

New driver here 10 days into my 30 to qualify and I getting more and more pressure to be faster everyday. The first 3 days on my own I was running about 3 hours over in a route with 130 stops 6 pickups.Starting last week I’ve been getting back to building before 5 which they said I was “minutes” from almost running scratch. Now that they’ve seen I’ve picked fast they added another 30 stops making it around 160-165 stops. I got back to the facility today and clocked out by 5:30, I didn’t take a break and instead used my break time on the drive back to make my SPOR even better (probably around 26), now I feel they’ll add even more stops. Can they do that on what’s supposed to be a training route? Every other day someone is talking to me about scratch meanwhile I have my truck organized to the T and I’m running for 85% of my stops wasting zero time. Do you think they’re just using me to run and gun just to dq me on my 30th day
I scratched maybe one time in my 30 days and they hired me.