Is 804 ever going to vote?

Rack em

Made the Podium
You're in the West champ. You're guaranteed 40 if any 22.4 is working at all during the week.

View attachment 239745
We regularly have lower seniority drivers laid off on a daily basis. So 22.4 would be Tues-Sat but there could still be massive lay offs on Monday since 22.4 aren't working Monday's. They'll advance or hold volume to run on Saturday to save on labor having the 22.4's working. Making Monday's volume lower than it is now so they can lay off RPCD's... I haven't seen any language in the new contract that says RPCD's are guaranteed 40 hours if any 22.4 works during the week?

542thruNthru

We regularly have lower seniority drivers laid off on a daily basis. So 22.4 would be Tues-Sat but there could still be massive lay offs on Monday since 22.4 aren't working Monday's. They'll advance or hold volume to run on Saturday to save on labor having the 22.4's working. Making Monday's volume lower than it is now so they can lay off RPCD's... I haven't seen any language in the new contract that says RPCD's are guaranteed 40 hours if any 22.4 works during the week?

RPCD or TCD drivers laid off?

You're under the western region correct?

They should post the schedule the Friday before and if you're a FT RPCD and they have you scheduled T-friend then you file. If they have you scheduled M-friend and they don't work you. You file for your 8 hours.

I understand where you're coming from but are these guys allowing the lay off?

Rack em

Made the Podium
RPCD or TCD drivers laid off?

You're under the western region correct?

They should post the schedule the Friday before and if you're a FT RPCD and they have you scheduled T-friend then you file. If they have you scheduled M-friend and they don't work you. You file for your 8 hours.

I understand where you're coming from but are these guys allowing the lay off?
ROCD's...The schedule is posted the previous Friday but we have language, can't remember if in supplement or rider, but it allows management up to an hour before start time to notify RPCD's not to report to work.

542thruNthru

ROCD's...The schedule is posted the previous Friday but we have language, can't remember if in supplement or rider, but it allows management up to an hour before start time to notify RPCD's not to report to work.

I'd like to see this language. Mainly because of this language in the Western Region.
sketch-1552532008336.png

You might also want to bring this up to your BA. Not saying he's screwing you but might have a explanation.

BiggieBrown

I just like to poke fun at the mechanics because they get a reputation. A lot of drivers in my center talk :censored2: on our mechanic, but he has always fixed the stuff I write up as soon as possible so I have never understood why people complain.

Because UPS delivery drivers are the biggest cry babies the world has ever seen.
Overpaid, entitled whiners.

stray

What about western PA? They got a worse offer and voted no 90%. Don’t they deserve better?
We were told at the Monthly Meeting that they were offered an excellent TA at first( money to shore up their pension) but for unknown reasons voted it down,and got a worse second TA. UPS isn't budging,and it may get enforced

You were told WRONG. There wasn't any money to shore up our pension. The offer was for UPS to NOT deduct money from our raises (as they have been for the past 5 years) for pension shortfalls. The reasons it was voted down for vary - some opposed the 4/10 workweek in feeders, some opposed UPS taking away the paid holiday we had for the day after Thanksgiving, some opposed language for PT employees' forced to work Sat & Sun, some wanted protections for the RPCDs. Personally, I felt it was a fair offer and voted for our supplement and against the National agreement.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What about western PA? They got a worse offer and voted no 90%. Don’t they deserve better?
That’s why they need term limits in here for the general president... change things up once in a while. UPS is way too comfortable with Hoffa...ups wouldn’t try this kind of thing with O’Brien... he’s too much of a wildcard, unpredictable

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You're in the West champ. You're guaranteed 40 if any 22.4 is working at all during the week.

View attachment 239745
And people are forgetting that they HAVE to work ALL cover drivers before they even touch a 22.4 driver.....as long as these guys don’t take a ton of dead days then it will be really difficult to use these hybrids in any major way outside of peak ....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This was the main reason I voted no is the fact that 22.4 get a 40 hour guarantee yet the job classification that has been the norm for decades (RPCD) get no guarantee. Their true motives are obvious and I didn't want 5 years of low seniority RPCD drivers getting screwed over.
The international didn’t think this hybrid language through very well....