Is 804 ever going to vote?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Ifixbrokenthings, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Ipopsheep

Ipopsheep New Member

What if the new contract will state that UPS will only have to pay 3 months back pay and then it gets forced. Just a thought.

2. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

We regularly have lower seniority drivers laid off on a daily basis. So 22.4 would be Tues-Sat but there could still be massive lay offs on Monday since 22.4 aren't working Monday's. They'll advance or hold volume to run on Saturday to save on labor having the 22.4's working. Making Monday's volume lower than it is now so they can lay off RPCD's... I haven't seen any language in the new contract that says RPCD's are guaranteed 40 hours if any 22.4 works during the week?

3. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

RPCD or TCD drivers laid off?

You're under the western region correct?

They should post the schedule the Friday before and if you're a FT RPCD and they have you scheduled T-F then you file. If they have you scheduled M-F and they don't work you. You file for your 8 hours.

I understand where you're coming from but are these guys allowing the lay off?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

ROCD's...The schedule is posted the previous Friday but we have language, can't remember if in supplement or rider, but it allows management up to an hour before start time to notify RPCD's not to report to work.

5. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I'd like to see this language. Mainly because of this language in the Western Region.
    sketch-1552532008336.png

You might also want to bring this up to your BA. Not saying he's screwing you but might have a explanation.

6. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

A2EA1697-2491-43B9-A218-C3FEF62048E8.gif

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. BiggieBrown

BiggieBrown Member

Because UPS delivery drivers are the biggest cry babies the world has ever seen.
    Overpaid, entitled whiners.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. stray

stray Member

You were told WRONG. There wasn't any money to shore up our pension. The offer was for UPS to NOT deduct money from our raises (as they have been for the past 5 years) for pension shortfalls. The reasons it was voted down for vary - some opposed the 4/10 workweek in feeders, some opposed UPS taking away the paid holiday we had for the day after Thanksgiving, some opposed language for PT employees' forced to work Sat & Sun, some wanted protections for the RPCDs. Personally, I felt it was a fair offer and voted for our supplement and against the National agreement.

9. Coldworld

Coldworld Bad mall cop...no donut!!!

That’s why they need term limits in here for the general president... change things up once in a while. UPS is way too comfortable with Hoffa...ups wouldn’t try this kind of thing with O’Brien... he’s too much of a wildcard, unpredictable

10. Coldworld

And people are forgetting that they HAVE to work ALL cover drivers before they even touch a 22.4 driver.....as long as these guys don’t take a ton of dead days then it will be really difficult to use these hybrids in any major way outside of peak ....

11. Coldworld

The international didn’t think this hybrid language through very well....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Coldworld

Yes @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U is very entitled....

• List
  13. Sickofit

Sickofit watching the show

The over payments will keep coming so get some Midol child.

14. Sickofit

The leadership is not ignorant.

15. Coldworld

Taylor wasn’t the right guy for the job.....

16. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

He was if you wanted a puppet.

17. Coldworld

I knew it was going to turn out bad when he signed a letter to ups with “yours very truly “...... seriously Denis???? OMFG!!!

18. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Knew it was bad as soon as Sean O came out strong and they immediately bannished him

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  19. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Who was ?

20. Sickofit