Is 804 ever going to vote?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Knew it was bad as soon as Sean O came out strong and they immediately bannished him
Sean isn’t perfect but I think it’s time to get some new blood in there....there’s a reason UPS changes ceo’s every 5 years or so.... the Teamsters need to do the same thing... they are too comfortable with Hoffa and that is a problem..

F

Frankie's Friend

Sean isn’t perfect but I think it’s time to get some new blood in there....there’s a reason UPS changes ceo’s every 5 years or so.... the Teamsters need to do the same thing... they are too comfortable with Hoffa and that is a problem..
Maybe Denis was there to save us from ourselves.

Either all the strike talk was going to force the company to shorten the negotiations or it was going to help divert our volume to other carriers (which we may never get back) thus diminishing union jobs at ups and lessening dues.

A couple more of these cba standoffs and you will see an adverse reaction to our ranks...
imo.

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

But for the record I believe the 22.4 jobs are total garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don’t want to strike but a very real threat of one has to be there when we go to the table.

When the company knows leadership is in their back pocket they just slowly chip away at everything

Brownslave688

Maybe Denis was there to save us from ourselves.

Either all the strike talk was going to force the company to shorten the negotiations or it was going to help divert our volume to other carriers (which we may never get back) thus diminishing union jobs at ups and lessening dues.

A couple more of these cba standoffs and you will see an adverse reaction to our ranks...
imo.

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

But for the record I believe the 22.4 jobs are total garbage.
Without 22.4 I think that contract passes and remember 22.4 was a UNION proposal.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Without 22.4 I think that contract passes and remember 22.4 was a UNION proposal.
Which will get full pension contributions and healthcare..... are these 22.4’s just a way to shore up the funds???? And they have to work 5 years to be vested so will it be another throw away job where most leave after a year???

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I don’t want to strike but a very real threat of one has to be there when we go to the table.

When the company knows leadership is in their back pocket they just slowly chip away at everything
The company knows that 70% of the membership won’t vote, the company knows 90% of members won’t file a grievance to enforce their rights and the company knows the members won’t realistically strike......I personally would love to strike ups....but with a weak membership it would be tough

Brownslave688

The company knows that 70% of the membership won’t vote, the company knows 90% of members won’t file a grievance to enforce their rights and the company knows the members won’t realistically strike......I personally would love to strike ups....but with a weak membership it would be tough
With weak leadership it’s impossible.

Brownslave688

Which will get full pension contributions and healthcare..... are these 22.4’s just a way to shore up the funds???? And they have to work 5 years to be vested so will it be another throw away job where most leave after a year???
I can tell you the union has an agenda and wasn’t very open about it.

Our local told my area 22.4 was no reason to vote no. “You guys won’t see Saturday delivery down here for years. So you won’t have 22.4”

They are now openly campaigning for Saturday delivery “it’ll mean more full time jobs guys. Your pension will be stronger”

Well if you guys can’t make a pension work while only needing one punch per month to get full company contributions. Than I don’t want you having control of more money

browndevil

I can tell you the union has an agenda and wasn’t very open about it.

Our local told my area 22.4 was no reason to vote no. “You guys won’t see Saturday delivery down here for years. So you won’t have 22.4”

They are now openly campaigning for Saturday delivery “it’ll mean more full time jobs guys. Your pension will be stronger”

Well if you guys can’t make a pension work while only needing one punch per month to get full company contributions. Than I don’t want you having control of more money
The company is losing a :censored2: ton of money operating on Saturdays. They ought to just shelve it or only make it available in metro areas

browned out

The leadership is not ignorant.

Correct. The union "leadership" knew exactly what they were doing.

If you can not get a clear cut, no grey area, not open to interpretation Answer on this question....If I am laid off Monday and Tuesday, can I bump (or have the contractual right to work Sat and Sun?

No clear answer...Then Vote NO 804.

Hopefully it is not a case of...meet the new union boss, The same as the old union boss.

If 804 leaders refuse to answer that question,; vote it down.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If you can not get a clear cut, no grey area, not open to interpretation Answer on this question....If I am laid off Monday and Tuesday, can I bump (or have the contractual right to work Sat and Sun?

"No RPCD shall be laid off or displaced from the classification while 22.4 combination drivers are working in the building."

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

"No RPCD shall be laid off or displaced from the classification while 22.4 combination drivers are working in the building."
That isn't clear cut, nor does it answer the question?

I will attempt to clarify the hypothetical scenario for you.

If a "RPCD" is scheduled Monday thru Friday and is subsequently laid off on Monday, as well as no "22.4 hybrid drivers" utilized, due to no "available" work

....will the RPCD now be entitled to essentially bump a 22.4 driver on Saturday or Sunday, with that being the 22.4's "regularly scheduled work day", but not the RPCD's?

In other words, what clear cut language supports this "default" process for RPCD's to be guaranteed their 40 hour week ahead of a 22.4 driver by virtue of scheduled work week?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I will attempt to clarify the hypothetical scenario for you.

I prefer "real world" scenario's.

If a "RPCD" is scheduled Monday thru Friday and is subsequently laid off on Monday, as well as no "22.4 hybrid drivers" utilized, due to no "available" work

....will the RPCD now be entitled to essentially bump a 22.4 driver on Saturday or Sunday, with that being the 22.4's "regularly scheduled work day", but not the RPCD's?

How would (or why) a RPCD need to bump a 22.4.... who can't be working ?

In other words, what clear cut language supports this "default" process for RPCD's to be guaranteed their 40 hour week ahead of a 22.4 driver by virtue of scheduled work week?

I can think of 3 different Articles in the Central Region supplement that would cover it....

plus Article 22 of the Master.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I prefer "real world" scenario's.
Yet you taught the "proposal" process?
How would (or why) a RPCD need to bump a 22.4.... who can't be working ?
Because the RPCD is not scheduled on Saturday or Sunday, while the 22.4 is....
I can think of 3 different Articles in the Central Region supplement that would cover it....

plus Article 22 of the Master.
Now that we have come full circle, do tell???

~Bbbl~™

stray

@browned out

Commands no respect.

His/her posts are a reflection of the lame.... wanna be Teamsters.

We've lost sight of what we are...

union
[yoon-yuhn]

noun

the act of uniting two or more things.

the state of being united.

something formed by uniting two or more things; combination.

a number of persons, states, etc., joined or associated together for some common purpose: student union; credit union.

A Union is only as strong as it's weakest link. Therefore, it's in ALL our best interests to work with one another to strengthen ourselves as a whole. This bickering amongst one another is tiresome and debilitating.