Is 804 ever going to vote?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
"Unchallenged" by RPCD's, or not supported by the Kangaroo Court Panels they are brought to and the applicable Article 40 Master language that is systematically ignored?

Come on ITG, the blame game on this issue extends well beyond the members.

Article 40 grievances, have always been a "tough nut to crack".

The language has changed little over the years.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Article 40 grievances, have always been a "tough nut to crack".

The language has changed little over the years.
....and not enforced as written.

The "tough nut to crack" is the reluctance of the lower panels to acknowledge that:

"
(7) Air drivers may, on an exception basis, be used to make service on packages which are not air packages.
An exception package is intended to be when an Air Driver is making a pick up, as outlined above, after the regular driver has been at the customer’s premises, and the customer has an exception ground pack- age(s) for shipment, the air driver may make service on this pack- age(s). Air drivers may continue to pick up Automatic Return Service packages but the features of this service will not be expanded.
Any violation of Section 1(a) (7), shall obligate the Employer to pay the Air Driver involved the difference between his/her rate of pay and the top regular package car driver wage rate existing at that building.
Grievances concerning violation or abuse of this shall be referred directly to the National Air Committee".

The language isn't the problem.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
....and not enforced as written.

The "tough nut to crack" is the reluctance of the lower panels to acknowledge that:

"
(7) Air drivers may, on an exception basis, be used to make service on packages which are not air packages.
An exception package is intended to be when an Air Driver is making a pick up, as outlined above, after the regular driver has been at the customer’s premises, and the customer has an exception ground pack- age(s) for shipment, the air driver may make service on this pack- age(s). Air drivers may continue to pick up Automatic Return Service packages but the features of this service will not be expanded.
Any violation of Section 1(a) (7), shall obligate the Employer to pay the Air Driver involved the difference between his/her rate of pay and the top regular package car driver wage rate existing at that building.
Grievances concerning violation or abuse of this shall be referred directly to the National Air Committee".

The language isn't the problem.

It's funny you mention this language.

That's the issue, it took me 2 years to get heard at the National Air Panel.

It was deadlocked and referred to arbitration.

Over a whopping $54.

BiggieBrown

They need to hurry up and get this crap sorted out.
It's April for Christ's sake.
People have negotiated international peace treaties faster than this horse :censored2:.
What exactly are they even doing?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Is there a price for what is right?

Nope.

But there is a little more of a back story.

There were several grievances on the national docket pending, of the same nature.

In the mean time.... the current Labor guy retired and a replacement came in.

When he first read the grievance and notes from the previous guy, his first

response was "this is a loser for the company and I would have paid it".

Needless to say, we heard it in front of the National Air committee.

Even though it was deadlocked into arbitration.... the company was instructed

to just pay it with "no president set". The higher up's decided that $54 was not

worth the cost of an arbitration case. (to both sides)

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Nope.

But there is a little more of a back story.

There were several grievances on the national docket pending, of the same nature.

In the mean time.... the current Labor guy retired and a replacement came in.

When he first read the grievance and notes from the previous guy, his first

response was "this is a loser for the company and I would have paid it".

Needless to say, we heard it in front of the National Air committee.

Even though it was deadlocked into arbitration.... the company was instructed

to just pay it with "no president set". The higher up's decided that $54 was not

worth the cost of an arbitration case. (to both sides)

-Bug-
....and you agreed to that?

Seems to me if you went all that way, over a two years span, only to find yourself at the National Air Committee (in San Diego) where you earned the opportunity to arbitrate, you should have saw it through in hopes of setting a "president"?

Sounds like you let them off the hook....again?

~Bbbl~™

BlackCat

Seems to me if you went all that way, over a two years span, only to find yourself at the National Air Committee (in San Diego) where you earned the opportunity to arbitrate, you should have saw it through in hopes of setting a "president"?

Sounds like you let them off the hook....again?

~Bbbl~™

If there was not a past president, how do they go about setting a president to begin with?

EDIT.. after rereading what you had written, it appears that they elected to take their "win" instead of following through with arbitration and establishing president.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

I didn't agree to anything.

If you would look at the National docket, it said deadlocked.

But, the company paid it.

So.... it just goes away.

Seems to me if you went all that way, over a two years span, only to find yourself at the National Air Committee (in San Diego) where you earned the opportunity to arbitrate, you should have saw it through in hopes of setting a "president" ?

The National Panel (this time) was in Chicago.... downtown at the Hyatt.

Not Rosemont.

Sounds like you let them off the hook....again ?

It wasn't my decision.

The company paid the grievance at the instruction of the Panel ?

Getting a grievance deadlocked at a National Panel.... isn't enough ?

:biggrin:

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It wasn't my decision.

The company paid the grievance at the instruction of the Panel ?
So if it was "deadlocked", then why would the Panel give any instructions???
I didn't agree to anything.

If you would look at the National docket, it still says deadlocked.

But, the company paid it.

So.... it just goes away.
That grievance must not have been very well written?
Getting a grievance deadlocked at a National Panel.... isn't enough ?
Not if you only got $54 out of it.

~Bbbl~™

fnmknmPn48ntVlqpv8.gif