Is It 3 Or 5 ?

TeamLift

Concerning ISP's I hear talk on here that it takes 5 psa's to be safe, at our hub they are saying it is 3, my state has not flipped yet, which is it ? If it truly is only 3, my hub won't get rid of a single contractor. I hear the goal is to get an entire hub with about 12 contractors, we would still have 3 times that many. Am I missing something here ? They stopped contractors from buying just one route about 1-2 years ago.

TeamLift

5 routes or 500 stops... Unless it's a really small terminal.

I argued that point this morning was told by contractors and management that it was 3, guess somebody's not going to own their own business anymore. And is it 5 routes or 5 psa's cause you could have 5 routes, 3 with psa and two supplementals ?

STFXG

Supplementals aren't routes. Only PSA's count. I've only been told that 3 routes is for small terminals. I don't know of any terminals that small. Everything that's been posted on mygroundbiz for the last 7-8 years has said 5 PSA's. I'm not sure if it's always been 500 stops OR the 5 PSA's, but that's wha it has been with the last couple rounds of transition.

The only state that was 3 PSA's was California prior to ISP. They originally were forced to have 3 when they transitioned to MWA's after the lawsuit there (can't remember the name of the case).

Edit: the Estrada case

Bounty

5 PSA 500 stops with a terminal with 30 + PSA's and 30 or less 4 PSA 400 stops
It's so stupid, all of it. You can't do this, you can't do that. Sign here, here's some money so you don't sue. It's chaos. These are the rules today, they will be different tomorrow. It's not your business it never will be,no matter what you think. Just the fact that we have to ask "are we allowed to do this?", "are we allowed to do that?" It will eventually backfire.

OUMick

It's so stupid, all of it. You can't do this, you can't do that. Sign here, here's some money so you don't sue. It's chaos. These are the rules today, they will be different tomorrow. It's not your business it never will be,no matter what you think. Just the fact that we have to ask "are we allowed to do this?", "are we allowed to do that?" It will eventually backfire.

Well luckily we'll see you on 60 Minutes or 20/20 exposing all the dirty secrets of this business. I'm sure they will close the stock markets the following day after all of your earth shattering information. Sorry about being a jerk but your act gets pretty old.

Bounty

Well luckily we'll see you on 60 Minutes or 20/20 exposing all the dirty secrets of this business. I'm sure they will close the stock markets the following day after all of your earth shattering information. Sorry about being a jerk but your act gets pretty old.
Have you ever owned your own business beside this scam?

Crozz

You know all cry babies continue to cry I love being a contractor and I have employees that love working for me. Then I have guys that openly say they want to use me for a reference so be it. I always say it's not perfect but I wouldn't have it any other way. Learn to adapt or get out. Law suites are going because of crapy contractors plan and simple. fedex is behind with the growth of contractors volume and ISP is helping with that. IC contractors are struggling because we can't continue growing without being awarded with PSAs. So for IC contractors you have to learn to get by until ISP or sell out.

OUMick

Have you ever owned your own business beside this scam?

Actually I don't own this scam you speak of. I own a few others currently and have owned others in the past. I can promise, you have no room to lecture me on how a business operates. There are no perfect businesses. The model you speak of seems to be easier than quite a few. You just have a few crybabies that you have to deal with. Your customer (being FEDEX) in this model is always right. If you can't grasp that concept, you're going to have problems in whatever venture you jump into. You are never really your own boss. Even after retirement your wife will still be the boss.

One of my businesses does about 1.5mil in sales. I have about 75k in equipment. If I happen to lose my biggest customer, I'm pretty much out of business. (Just like FEDEX) You never really own a business unless you own the customer as well. At some point there is always one entity or a few that holds all your cards.

Bounty

I plan to start small, the irs, the dept. of labor and the attorney general. See where it goes from there.

OUMick

Yeah let them know Fedex is out there. I doubt they've ever heard of them. It's amazing how you're the only person that has ever caught on to what Fedex is doing.