is it holiday tomorrow?

david cassin

dublinbrown
greetings from the emerald isle,goods old catholic ireland is working tomorrow "good friday" but all our european friends are all off as its a holiday in their respective countries...
it will help our drivers on tuesday as its a bank hol on monday.
happy easter to one and all.:wink2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Kenmei, I was starting to get worried about you. Tomorrow is a regular day, although they will cut a lot more areas than usual due to all of the closings. Our next holiday is not until Memorial Day.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Good Friday is not a good Friday if you work at UPS! It is just another work day. There may be a few businesses closed, but most of them will be open. Easter came about a week earlier this year, its really thrown a few people off. Oh by the way, today is the first day of Spring!:happy2:
Lots of stuff starting to bloom down here!

browniehound

Good Friday is not a good Friday if you work at UPS! It is just another work day. There may be a few businesses closed, but most of them will be open. Easter came about a week earlier this year, its really thrown a few people off. Oh by the way, today is the first day of Spring!:happy2:

Sounds great Scratch! Heck, its still winter here in good ole' Boston. Wet ground, no birds chriping, no flowers blooming, bad drivers and many people in bad moods. We won't see spring until sometime in May it appears. LOL

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ah yes the first day of spring, and 2 to 4 inches friday of snow. And the rivers are flooded from 7 inches of rain. The crocuses who stuck their delicate little stems above ground will choke and the Robins are singing, what the he**!!!! But it has to get here soon!!!!

diesel96

Is it a holiday tommorrow ?
Yes, For the Cows, Pigs, and Chickens.........We (Catholics) are suppose to "Just say no" to meat on Good Friday. But I somehow can't resist carnivous temptation. Hope I don't burn in hell.....:bbq:.........I mean't hope I don't burn the burgers. Good Bless Eat and drink ! And have a good Easter. And another thing, I think Jesus and his desciples had more than bread wafers and wine at the last supper. JMHO

UPS Lifer

I had an employee once ask me (thinking that Easter was a paid holiday) what day of the week Easter fell on this year? I wanted to respond with a sarcastic remark but thought better of it. (The person was so serious with the question)

Another useless factoid...
Easter always falls on the first Sunday after the 1st full moon of the spring equinox. I just learned that recently when I went to look up the date it would fall on this year.