Is it worth starting off as a 22.4?

UnionGuy

I put a bid for a 22.3 and a 22.4 driver position. I really wanted a driver position so I applied for both positions and all hubs nearby. Even knowing what a 22.4 position really is, basically you're a preloader and driver, plus sorter. A cheap all in one employee.? I barely have 4 years seniority and don't want to wait long. I just want to drive and get out of the hub as soon as I can. I hear 396 might use 22.4 real soon. Do you think it's worth starting off as a 22.4 instead of waiting for a 22.3 RPCD position?

I put a bid for a 22.3 and a 22.4 driver position. I really wanted a driver position so I applied for both positions and all hubs nearby. Even knowing what a 22.4 position really is, basically you're a preloader and driver, plus sorter. A cheap all in one employee.? I barely have 4 years seniority and don't want to wait long. I just want to drive and get out of the hub as soon as I can. I hear 396 might use 22.4 real soon. Do you think it's worth starting off as a 22.4 instead of waiting for a 22.3 RPCD position?
22.3 is not a RPCD position

Superteeth2478

You're highly unlikely to get a 22.3 position with only 4 years.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
22.4 is a full-time job with full-time pension benefits. I would go after that and sign every full-time driver bid sheet posted.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
22.3 is two part time jobs put together. With your low seniority you would make more money as a 22.4 driver
22.3 was two part-time jobs put together. The whole intent was having a less-intensive job for half and a lower pay scale. Now it is WAD all 8, even the same assignment, with no recourse.

The union and Hoffa/leaders ruined something else, which opened the door 22.4 WAD, since no one fought them on it. I am sure none of them suffered though

22.3 was two part-time jobs put together. The whole intent was having a less-intensive job for half and a lower pay scale. Now it is WAD all 8, even the same assignment, with no recourse.

The union and Hoffa/leaders ruined something else, which opened the door 22.4 WAD, since no one fought them on it. I am sure none of them suffered though
Unfortunately enough people didn't vote. Maybe they will next contract

Yes I'm being sarcastic.

The 22.3 job is going to pay you your current part time rate which isn't a lot for someone with 4 years

A 22.4 job will at least start him out at 20.50

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Yes I'm being sarcastic.

The 22.3 job is going to pay you your current part time rate which isn't a lot for someone with 4 years

No they get a bump to bottom of progression. The only PT rate is an art. 40 combo for inside hours.

WTFm8

That's insane. Must have a strong local there. I wouldn't be surprised if no building ever posted another 22.3 position ever again with the option of 22.4 positions.

Hub that’s only around 3 years old and just took a bunch of routes from Harrisburg. Big change of operations in my area.

JustDeliverIt

Yes I'm being sarcastic.

I was also told that the only way to get to RPCD was to go 22.4. When they need to fill a spot, 22.4 are FT and you will be "promoted" from there first. If no 22.4 drivers, then PT go. OP might have to go 22.4 to be the first to move up.

I was also told that the only way to get to RPCD was to go 22.4. When they need to fill a spot, 22.4 are FT and you will be "promoted" from there first. If no 22.4 drivers, then PT go. OP might have to go 22.4 to be the first to move up.
I can't get any clear language on that. Whenever we eventually get those 22.4 jobs I heard they are locked into them for a year and can't bid on a RPCD job until they have a year in. It's scaring some of these guys about signing a bid.

The language in this contract sucks big time.

Sad day my friend.

JustDeliverIt

I can't get any clear language on that. Whenever we eventually get those 22.4 jobs I heard they are locked into them for a year and can't bid on a RPCD job until they have a year in. It's scaring some of these guys about signing a bid.

The language in this contract sucks big time.

Sad day my friend.

I agree. A lot of word of mouth interpretation going on. Unfortunately all the 22.4 drivers are going to have to wait and see how it gets handled and grieve from there.