Is Peak Still Coming?

Ghost in the Darkness

Nope... peak is cancelled this year. Walmart and amazon are shutting it down early.
Ups money well spent on the peak 2020 masks. I was saving mine for peak 2021 anyway.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
all those months of planning wasted. Maybe put our services on Closeout / Open Stock / Ding & Dent... That's the Home Depot way, isn't it??

Overpaid Union Thug

Peak is coming. No one needs to worry about that. It happened during the recession. It will definitely happen this year. The bottom will fall out right after Black Friday like always. It’s like clockwork.

Having said that.......Most hubs/centers will be caught off guard as always.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Peak is coming. No one needs to worry about that. It happened during the recession. It will definitely happen this year. The bottom will fall out right after Black Friday like always. It’s like clockwork.

Having said that.......Most hubs/centers will be caught off guard as always.
no one will put up with the mask nonsense at businesses especially during the holiday rush..way easier to order from the comfort of home. PEAK HAS BEGUN!! sorry @Dragon the overtime will be off the charts and PVDS will fail like last year!
🧔✊

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
1605318494055.jpeg

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
our center reminds us to tell our families every day that peak is here and we won't see them again until january. last few days i've been given a variety of ancient 500's with manual transmission, 240+ stops, 360+pkgs, no cradle no keyfob, one key to share between bulkhead and rear doors that each have broken locks. got back tonight at 8:15 and waiting 15 minutes to get back in to park at the belt then recording over a dozen missing pkgs (who would have ever guessed that 368 pkgs wouldn't fit on a short bus) my diad battery died between the time i hit verify punchout and turned in my COD envelope.

Dr.Brownz

Stimulus talks are on hold, most people have blown through their savings, and credit cards are being maxed out. Most drivers in my center are back by 19:30 at the latest. Is this the calm before the storm? Peak had already started this time last year in my building. For the first time in a long time, it seems our operation is adequately staffed to meet volume. That is not normal here. It is usually a cluster friend* from early January to late December every year. My stop count is at normal, pre covid summer levels. This is strange....very strange.

Guys in town are saying volume is down but rich extended areas are through the roof with stops. We have a crazy amount of routes in now too.