Is telematics over supervison?

deleted9

Why would I want to go into management? Right now I make more decisions daily than most of the bosses we have. Are you mixing your geritol with Vodka again?

The fact is you speak on subjects that you obviously have no idea what you are speaking about and when you are shown you are wrong you get all defensive. Your a maroon!

The one that seems to be getting defensive is you. read your posts, name calling was something i did in 5th grade not as an adult. In my office you would act professional or be told(not asked) to leave, why wouldn't you want to go into management its an opportunity to make more money, advance, and when i first started driving i was at a PCM for a driver retiring with 35 years, great guy was sad to see him go, but i was a young punk kid making the same money and benefits as him, he had about 32 years more time than me and we brought home the same paycheck, i felt i could do BETTER for me and my family, so the opportunity was there and i took it. And guess what it was the best decision i ever made. Management is not for everybody, but the ones that want it and are afraid to take it should not be knocking those that do.

705red

Browncafe Steward
The one that seems to be getting defensive is you. read your posts, name calling was something i did in 5th grade not as an adult. In my office you would act professional or be told(not asked) to leave, why wouldn't you want to go into management its an opportunity to make more money, advance, and when i first started driving i was at a PCM for a driver retiring with 35 years, great guy was sad to see him go, but i was a young punk kid making the same money and benefits as him, he had about 32 years more time than me and we brought home the same paycheck, i felt i could do BETTER for me and my family, so the opportunity was there and i took it. And guess what it was the best decision i ever made. Management is not for everybody, but the ones that want it and are afraid to take it should not be knocking those that do.
Put down the tarot cards, at no time in my career at UPS have I ever considered going in to management! Only people that cant do what I do every day make that decision, and no on car sups do not make more over all than a driver does. We do not pay for our medical, we get overtime after 8 and triple time after 9.5, double time on holidays and more importantly we get to ignore all the bs paperwork that you cant.

PS as long as the employee is in your office, I will be too, so go ahead and call security and the police department, because im not moving!

Ive seen your type, the ones that dont want to sign a grievance because they disagree, so I just RTS it put the managers name and drop tehir copy on to the floor for them, now they have been served, see you with the Labor department.

deleted9

Put down the tarot cards, at no time in my career at UPS have I ever considered going in to management! Only people that cant do what I do every day make that decision, and no on car sups do not make more over all than a driver does. We do not pay for our medical, we get overtime after 8 and triple time after 9.5, double time on holidays and more importantly we get to ignore all the bs paperwork that you cant.

PS as long as the employee is in your office, I will be too, so go ahead and call security and the police department, because im not moving!

Ive seen your type, the ones that dont want to sign a grievance because they disagree, so I just RTS it put the managers name and drop tehir copy on to the floor for them, now they have been served, see you with the Labor department.

Will you listen to yourself, my type, you know nothing about me, i used to get very few, let me say that again, very few grievances if any in the operations i was responsible for. They were all answered timely and returned. Never once in all the districts and locals i worked in did a grievance go to an arbitrator or panel. And my most preferred answer was "Grievance Denied" .I handled and responded to concerns from employees, i did not cause problems like a management WANABEE like yourself. As far as monetary you are a fool if you think you make more money than management. By the way a while ago i said i was going to buy a new Mercedes, i changed my mind and bought a new 5 series BMW. Have a nice day, no need for you to respond i am going out to sit by the pool.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
The quote above deals with a working steward who stops working on his own authority to initiate conversation with a supervisor. This is not the same as a steward, acting in his official capacity as a steward, who is relieved of his regular duties and attends an official meeting in a manager's office where he is representing an employee.

If told to leave the office, he should do so, but that also means the manager who told him to leave will eventually pay the price if the order to leave was unfair, or prevented the grievance/discipline process from proceeding normally.

Ok, here is the question. Help me out.

If you (the steward) start at 830am and you are clocked in (I wish we could start that early) and you meet with me about an employee who also starts at 830am, are you stopping work on your own authority or are you relieved of your regular duties to attend an official meeting?

I have never asked a steward to leave my office, I have had to ask a couple to refrain from cursing during the meeting.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Will you listen to yourself, my type, you know nothing about me, i used to get very few, let me say that again, very few grievances if any in the operations i was responsible for. They were all answered timely and returned. Never once in all the districts and locals i worked in did a grievance go to an arbitrator or panel. And my most preferred answer was "Grievance Denied" .I handled and responded to concerns from employees, i did not cause problems like a management WANABEE like yourself. As far as monetary you are a fool if you think you make more money than management. By the way a while ago i said i was going to buy a new Mercedes, i changed my mind and bought a new 5 series BMW. Have a nice day, no need for you to respond i am going out to sit by the pool.

LMFAO!!!!!!! ha "grievance denied" hahahahaha, your a little small on the food chain to say that. A grievance is the company causing trouble and a members way of correcting it, so that means you made another post and where wrong again! lol

Dont drown! lololollolololol:happy2:

705red

Browncafe Steward

If you (the steward) start at 830am and you are clocked in (I wish we could start that early) and you meet with me about an employee who also starts at 830am, are you stopping work on your own authority or are you relieved of your regular duties to attend an official meeting?

I have never asked a steward to leave my office, I have had to ask a couple to refrain from cursing during the meeting.

ARe you referring to me coming to you at 830 am with lets say a grievance of an issue trying to resolve it before it leads to a grievance? Or are you asking me to come in so you could talk to a driver? Either way I as a driver steward I would put this in my Diad as union time.

If its over grievances or issues, I generally like to meet before start time so it does not delay me leaving the building and forcie management to cover some of my airs, but both of these scenarios are covered as steward work and could allow me some time to regroup if a discussion was serious or heated enough.

All in all good questions in this thread Dragon.

JonFrum

A steward has both a legal and a contractual right to meet with management about union matters. But he does not have a right to disrupt the production process. Thus, if he approachs you at a bad time, you can defer the discussion to a later time. But you must meet with him soon, or pay the consequences. Your participation in the grievance process is mandatory. The timing is flexible.

deleted9

ARe you referring to me coming to you at 830 am with lets say a grievance of an issue trying to resolve it before it leads to a grievance? Or are you asking me to come in so you could talk to a driver? Either way I as a driver steward I would put this in my Diad as union time.

If its over grievances or issues, I generally like to meet before start time so it does not delay me leaving the building and forcie management to cover some of my airs, but both of these scenarios are covered as steward work and could allow me some time to regroup if a discussion was serious or heated enough.

All in all good questions in this thread Dragon.

The problem is you would have to come to work first !!!!

deleted9

A steward has both a legal and a contractual right to meet with management about union matters. But he does not have a right to disrupt the production process. Thus, if he approachs you at a bad time, you can defer the discussion to a later time. But you must meet with him soon, or pay the consequences. Your participation in the grievance process is mandatory. The timing is flexible.

That is an excellent post

Dragon

Package Center Manager

Great reply JonFrum, I guess that is why I have so little trouble with the Union, I always take a moment to listen to the issue when presented and I try and let the steward know what I am going to do and if we cannot solve it right then we always agree to meet later.

Red thanks for answering my question, I would not have a problem with you representing anyone in my office.

mva1985

Question them about what? It does not give you the right to ask them a variety of questions. When we go in the office you will tell us what it is about, and than if need be I will ask for a few minutes and walk the grievant out of your office and return when we are done discussing what you inquired about. If the driver has no idea what you are talking about, he will say he does not remember on your clock.

Wrong - its not your meeting its the center manager managers meeting. You are not a lawyer and this is not a courtroom - I can ask any question I want. You are only there to protect him/her if I violate the contract. You may think you get that right but in my office you don't. Sorry if I come off a little harsh.

You can ask whatever you want, and I could just as easy say that your question has no merit, is leading, etc and thats it. Maybe where you worked the union allowed you to bully employees but here we dont play those games.

Actually Dragon, once the steward is made aware of the topic of discussion the steward can talk with the employee before, during and after YOUR meeting. At anytime if the steward feels the need they can walk out with the employee and "caucus".

mva1985

While acting as a steward they are allowed to use "salty" language. Let's not forget about the equality between management and stewards. While I am acting as a steward I am on equal footing as management it is NOT a master/slave relationship.

It seems that some management on here need a lesson in the NLRA.

mva1985

Management does NOT have the right to use "production process" as a subterfuge to put off the steward all the time. Check out Article 4 of the National Master.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
While acting as a steward they are allowed to use "salty" language. Let's not forget about the equality between management and stewards. While I am acting as a steward I am on equal footing as management it is NOT a master/slave relationship.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]1) Personal abusiveness[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]. During a closed grievance meeting to discuss Union matters a Steward possesses a special status. The parties meet as equals and a Steward has wide latitude in what he does and says. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]However, when a grievance meeting or discussion is not closed, but is observable by other employees - whether in a grievance meeting or on the workroom floor - a Steward has less immunity and must not become personally abusive. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]I consider it personally abusive when you curse in my office, so don't do it. [/FONT]

Last edited:

deleted9

LMFAO!!!!!!! ha "grievance denied" hahahahaha, your a little small on the food chain to say that. A grievance is the company causing trouble and a members way of correcting it, so that means you made another post and where wrong again! lol

Dont drown! lololollolololol:happy2:

You have no clue...... you just look to cause problems on this website........ you are nothing but an " ELECTRONIC TOUGH GUY" , the real world face to face you are probably a coward..... very sad

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
You have no clue...... you just look to cause problems on this website........ you are nothing but an " ELECTRONIC TOUGH GUY" , the real world face to face you are probably a coward..... very sad

Ok, I can see where this kind of talk is going to lead us; to a real immature, High School bullying contest with no one gaining anything.

I suggest you both take a chill pill so we don't have to close a thread that can actually benefit others.:peaceful::peaceful:

705red

Browncafe Steward

Anytime you feel like driving that new BMW of your to Chicago just look me up.:surprised::surprised:

Im even tougher in person!

brownIEman

you do realize that the same paragraph of the national master that requires all management to treat employees with respect also requires the employees to treat each other and management with respect as well correct? It is telling to me how many times I have seen that paragraph quoted on this board with those last couple sentences left out...

705red

Browncafe Steward
you do realize that the same paragraph of the national master that requires all management to treat employees with respect also requires the employees to treat each other and management with respect as well correct? It is telling to me how many times I have seen that paragraph quoted on this board with those last couple sentences left out...

And what does that have to do with the steward management discussion going on right now? Absolutely nothing!

brownIEman

And what does that have to do with the steward management discussion going on right now? Absolutely nothing!

actually, it is a counter point to mva1985's view that he is well within his rights under the contract to curse at management during union meetings because he is a steward.