Is the 9.5 language really the problem, or

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
We would rather get guys out early. If we could get guys on road by 8AM I'd bet serious money the 9.5 list would shrink. I've heard it 20 times. I want the OT, but I want to see my family at night. Can't blame them.

Getting guys out early helps everybody. Unfortunately at some point down the line someone made a guarantee something could be done volume wise, and that has pushed the start times back further and further as the volume grows.
We would rather get guys out early. If we could get guys on road by 8AM I'd bet serious money the 9.5 list would shrink. I've heard it 20 times. I want the OT, but I want to see my family at night. Can't blame them.

Getting guys out early helps everybody. Unfortunately at some point down the line someone made a guarantee something could be done volume wise, and that has pushed the start times back further and further as the volume grows.
I dont know about this "we" would rather start you early. My on road and center manager will flat out tell you they love a late start time. Puts more pressure on the young guys and keeps the older ones out later so it's a win/win in their eyes.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I dont know about this "we" would rather start you early. My on road and center manager will flat out tell you they love a late start time. Puts more pressure on the young guys and keeps the older ones out later so it's a win/win in their eyes.
They may tell you that, but it's because their hands are tied and don't really have any power to change it. The bottom line is they don't like the 9.5 list. And what Frigid says makes sense with regards to that.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Then they don't know what they are doing. This time of the year it isn't as big of a thing, but in the winter you want to minimize guys out past dark because their SPORH drops dramatically. When we get guys out at 8 vs 9 thats more air stops we can put on the drivers, minimizing air air drivers.

There are a ton of benefits going to an earlier start time and anybody who thinks starting later is a benefit is an idiot.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Then they don't know what they are doing. This time of the year it isn't as big of a thing, but in the winter you want to minimize guys out past dark because their SPORH drops dramatically. When we get guys out at 8 vs 9 thats more air stops we can put on the drivers, minimizing air air drivers.

There are a ton of benefits going to an earlier start time and anybody who thinks starting later is a benefit is an idiot.
Move down here. Please.