Is the Info session attendance mandatory?

Furen

I applied Monday for the ups seasonal package handler position and got an Email a few hours later asking me to attend one info session this Tuesday or Wednesday at 10. Thing is, that's in the middle of my primary jobs time frame and not enough time beforehand to get time off. After finding no way to reschedule or list of session times last night I just about wrote off trying to get the position. I checked my application one last time and it had changed to 'incomplete' status.

When I first signed up, it marked the application complete with just my name and address (which I thought was odd). But when I rechecked it, it gave me a virtual tour video and had me fill out a more in-depth application with job history, education, ect. At the end it gave me a page to schedule an Interview session, but it said none were available at the time. So I'm confused. Did I have to go to the info session to get the Job or do I just wait to schedule this interview?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I applied Monday for the ups seasonal package handler position and got an Email a few hours later asking me to attend one info session this Tuesday or Wednesday at 10. Thing is, that's in the middle of my primary jobs time frame and not enough time beforehand to get time off. After finding no way to reschedule or list of session times last night I just about wrote off trying to get the position. I checked my application one last time and it had changed to 'incomplete' status.

When I first signed up, it marked the application complete with just my name and address (which I thought was odd). But when I rechecked it, it gave me a virtual tour video and had me fill out a more in-depth application with job history, education, ect. At the end it gave me a page to schedule an Interview session, but it said none were available at the time. So I'm confused. Did I have to go to the info session to get the Job or do I just wait to schedule this interview?

Sounds like you have to go to the info session

Furen

I see. How disappointing. I suppose I'll have to re-apply at a later date when I'm more prepared. Thank you all for the confirmation.

upschuck

I see. How disappointing. I suppose I'll have to re-apply at a later date when I'm more prepared. Thank you all for the confirmation.
It is more than an info session, lot of times they do the initial interview, or schedule times for that interview.