Is the UPS dropoff boxes safe?

drewed

Shankman
Oh im sure we'll get it out, but youre costing us money at the moment by making one of our drop boxes useless, i wouldnt be surprised if you got a bill

Abyss Impact

Its only been 4 days. Plus it is not on the streets, its inside a glass door. I tried to check on it on the weekends but it is locked. So basically its 3 days.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Alright thanks, if there is no solution, should I suggest breaking it trying to get it out, since its already useless since the box has blocked the opening of the slot to the bottom.

Like I posted above, talk to the driver or call UPS with the address to get this problem fixed. The free standing Letter Boxes probably cost over a thousand dollars, so breaking one would be a felony.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Oh im sure we'll get it out, but youre costing us money at the moment by making one of our drop boxes useless, i wouldnt be surprised if you got a bill
Drew stop harrassing him. It's not that big of a deal.

Abyss, wait for the driver tomorrow. On the drop box it shows what time the pick up is made. Be there then and wait. The driver can open the bottom door and hopefully push your box back out. Absolutely under no circustances do you attempt to break the door or remove anything. This could get you a trip to jail. This is private property. And anything inside belongs to UPS.

I am surprised that the driver hadn't already noticed it. I always check the dump slot and the bottom at the same time just incase something is jammed in there.

Last edited:

Abyss Impact

Drew stop harrassing him. It's not that big of a deal.

Abyss, wait for the driver tomorrow. On the drop box it shows what time the pick up is made. Be there then and wait. The driver can open the bottom door and hopefully push your box back out. Absolutely under no circustances do you attempt to break the door or remove anything. This could get you a trip to jail. This is private property. And anything inside belongs to UPS.

I am surprised that the driver hadn't already noticed it. I always check the dump slot and the bottom at the same time just incase something is jammed in there.
Thanks, I hope this does not mean the driver can't get it out, since it is still there after a few days:dissapointed:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Thanks, I hope this does not mean the driver can't get it out, since it is still there after a few days:dissapointed:
The driver may not realize that it is there. I'm sure if he knew it was he would have reported it already as it is causing a disruption of service to other customers.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

WOW

I've never seen so much drama over a letter box.
Wait for the driver to pick up the box at the assigned time.
He will get the box out. No need to blow this out of proportion.
Your XBOX wont be back for 2-3 weeks anyways, so just meet the driver and HE WILL get the box out.
Don't slam a broomstick down the chute or you're gonna cause yourself more problems with vandalism.

M

McLeod

Well I think the moral of story is......call 1800 # for us to pick it up......look how much time you have wasted fretting over this XBOX!!!!

upsgrunt

Several observations here:

1.Think about how many people that are ticked off because for the last 3 days they can't get the door open on the letter box that they use.

2. Either the driver is really really dumb;" Gee, that's 3 day's in a row that there is NO volume in this box", or really really smart; "As long as this box is jammed, I don't have to make this pick up".

3. If the original poster gets this worked up about this very small problem, what are they going to do in a real crisis?

H

hseofpayne

Several observations here:

1.Think about how many people that are ticked off because for the last 3 days they can't get the door open on the letter box that they use.

2. Either the driver is really really dumb;" Gee, that's 3 day's in a row that there is NO volume in this box", or really really smart; "As long as this box is jammed, I don't have to make this pick up".

3. If the original poster gets this worked up about this very small problem, what are they going to do in a real crisis?

I think the whole thread is bogus. Either this drop box is in the middle of a corn field or it has the worst driver in UPS history picking it up. The first thing I do when I pick one up is try to open the top door you put pkgs into the dropbox from. An Xbox pkg jammed in a dropbox is going to be obvious. This guys story has changed several times and it sounds to me like he was fishing for the info on how to open drop boxes.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Hack in my pickup areas , very urban , most people just leave their boxes outside of the letterbox.
Everyone knows its safe and most of the stuff we are picking up is busted so ( ARS ) , so it aint worth taking.

H

hseofpayne

Hack in my pickup areas , very urban , most people just leave their boxes outside of the letterbox.
Everyone knows its safe and most of the stuff we are picking up is busted so ( ARS ) , so it aint worth taking.

Letter boxes contain real estate documents, mortgage documents, certified checks, the list is endless of valuable items a thief may want to access a UPS drop box for.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I've reread this post so many times. There is so much false information from this person Abyss. We are professionals and any driver who has a letterbox pickup would see that white box jammed in there. My opinion is that there is no white box and this guy wants to know how to open the letterbox.
Sadly, he wont get that info here and plus he should have gotten a PS3 instead.

There is a time posted on the front of the drop box telling you when the P/U time is. That time is the earliest the driver can pick that box up. I suggest you be there a little before that time and wait till the driver gets there. Hopefully the driver will be nice enough to get the box unjammed and not call you a DA for putting it in there. hmmmm, a couple of gallons of gas sounds pretty cheap now, doesn't it.

Disregard this if you have already done so.

old levi's

blank space
I think the whole thread is bogus.............

I agree. This issue (if real) would have been resolved the first day when the driver made the pickup. The lower compartment is unlocked and the barcode is scanned. While the box door is still open you reach up and pull down the dump chute because there can easily be a letter,small bag, or a box that has not dropped. Most times when something remains in the chute it will be a single letter. Then you flip open the top flap to check the shipping supplies.Next you empty the box and close the door making sure it has locked. Then a quick glance to see if the red indicator has rotated. Now you're on your way.

If this story is true, it serves to illustrate why only letters should be allowed in the drop boxes. I have seen boxes left where the dump chute door would not even begin to close. You can spot it from 100 yards away. One idiot wedged a box in there so tightly I had to almost destroy the box in order to free it.