Near dog attack

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
I was coming up to the door to deliver a small box then all of a sudden a man with a German shepherd (no leash) exit the door. The dog begins to bark aggressively at me and I can just hear the owner in the background saying “he doesn’t bite.” I made it back to the truck safely slammed my door, dropped the package and took off. This is my bidded route I’m debating whether or not to just leave their stuff at the end of the driveway.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I was coming up to the door to deliver a small box then all of a sudden a man with a German shepherd (no leash) exit the door. The dog begins to bark aggressively at me and I can just hear the owner in the background saying “he doesn’t bite.” I made it back to the truck safely slammed my door, dropped the package and took off. This is my bidded route I’m debating whether or not to just leave their stuff at the end of the driveway.
Don’t debate. Had a similar situation with a signature required. Told the guy, hey keep that dog inside and come out to sign, he lets the :censored2:ing thing out. Will call forever. People don’t realize, you could be seriously injured by a dog, don’t chance it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Don’t debate. Had a similar situation with a signature required. Told the guy, hey keep that dog inside and come out to sign, he lets the :censored2:ing thing out. Will call forever. People don’t realize, you could be seriously injured by a dog, don’t chance it.
I had a couple of customers who told me to honk my horn and if they don't come out to get their package to bring it back the next day because of their dogs. And don't get out of the truck.

Eff them. Your safety comes first. Unfortunately too many people can not control their pets.
Talk to your supervisor and let them know about the aggressive dog so that they could put a prompt in the DIAD so if anyone else covers your route they will know about the possible danger of an aggressive dog.

PT Car Washer

bidded?

Mutineer

I'm sooo sick of people and their friend-ing dogs.

I don't understand the mindset of people who deliberately greet an invited service provider with any large, unrestrained dog.

I consider that no different than greeting a service provider while carelessly waving a pistol around.

"Don't worry it doesn't bite." is equivalent to "Don't worry it's not loaded."

oldngray

nowhere special

I don't understand the mindset of people who deliberately greet an invited service provider with any large, unrestrained dog.

I consider that no different than greeting a service provider while carelessly waving a pistol around.

I had more problems with little ankle biters that would slip out when the customer opened their door. Very little trouble with bigger dogs.

Mutineer

I had more problems with little ankle biters that would slip out when the customer opened their door. Very little trouble with bigger dogs.

I agree. Annoying AF. Aside from an infection, it's a long shot that being attacked by an ankle biter will result in serious injury or death.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Honk your horn, announce UPS, and above all.... jingle your keys.

That will prevent those dog bites. :biggrin:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I always had a few dog biscuits in my pockets. If they wouldn’t take the treat they’d usually follow it if I threw it past them. Dogs are part of the game

oldngray

nowhere special
I always had a few dog biscuits in my pockets. If they wouldn’t take the treat they’d usually follow it if I threw it past them. Dogs are part of the game
Most dogs aren't a problem if they can tell you aren't afraid of them. Always the odd psycho dog where it doesn't matter though.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

When they told me “he won’t bite” I would say, he told you that did he?