Near dog attack

MAKAVELI

Geese are vicious and fantastic for estate guarding. I have seen them in action. I think that it is possible that two angry geese may be enough to keep that dog very preoccupied, and possibly chase it away.

It would be a very interesting experiment.
Considering these dogs guard against wolves, bears, leopards, etc. I doubt it.

Mutineer

Considering these dogs guard against wolves, bears, leopards, etc. I doubt it.

I agree that those animals are vicious and deadly. And that dog is properly equipped to deal with predators. The vast majority of predators are intimidated by, and driven away by the sheer size and sound of that dog without an actual fight.

When I was a kid, there was a neighborhood domestic goose that would attack me and chase me away from it's territory. It sometimes managed to bite me. I also observed that goose very easily chase away various sized dogs, and a goat.

I believe that a dog is simply not properly equipped to deal with two angry geese.

There is only one way to find out.

MAKAVELI

I agree that those animals are vicious and deadly. And that dog is properly equipped to deal with predators. The vast majority of predators are intimidated by, and driven away by the sheer size and sound of that dog without an actual fight.

When I was a kid, there was a neighborhood domestic goose that would attack me and chase me away from it's territory. It sometimes managed to bite me. I also observed that goose very easily chase away various sized dogs, and a goat.

I believe that a dog is simply not properly equipped to deal with two angry geese.

There is only one way to find out.
Maybe an ordinary dog. These aren't ordinary dogs. A dog from a working line who's been trained by its elders will have no fear, regardless of the threat. That's one reason why these dogs are the top livestock guardian. It's in their DNA and natural instincts.

Brownwind

Maybe an ordinary dog. These aren't ordinary dogs. A dog from a working line who's been trained by its elders will have no fear, regardless of the threat. That's one reason why these dogs are the top livestock guardian. It's in their DNA and natural instincts.
I just have to finish this thread. If one of these stupid dogs visits me it’s over. No discussing the outcome. If you own a rotten dog you better consider the consequences if it threatens another person especially an innocent bystander.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I just have to finish this thread. If one of these stupid dogs visits me it’s over. No discussing the outcome. If you own a rotten dog you better consider the consequences if it threatens another person especially an innocent bystander.
I was able to bribe with treats and win over 99% of the dogs on my various routes, but some had to be threatened and others I didn’t take a chance with, just give it to the clerk.

MAKAVELI

Not so much as a rotten dog as a rotten dog owner. All dogs should be secured for deliveries or have deliveries held for pu. But stupid people far outnumber stupid dogs and those people shouldn't own dogs.

34yearpackagehumper

I'm sooo sick of people and their friend-ing dogs.

I don't understand the mindset of people who deliberately greet an invited service provider with any large, unrestrained dog.

I consider that no different than greeting a service provider while carelessly waving a pistol around.

"Don't worry it doesn't bite." is equivalent to "Don't worry it's not loaded."
I heard that a lot ! "He doesn't bite " Hey he's not going to bite you because you are feeding him. He will tear you a brand new one. My most scariest encounter came from a rottweiler. I pull up in the yard tooted my horn and the dog hit
the storm door and got to the PC before the owner did, I slammed the door on his head and he was still trying to get me .The owner didn't like it but you have got to protect yourself at all cost .

Mutineer

I heard that a lot ! "He doesn't bite " Hey he's not going to bite you because you are feeding him. He will tear you a brand new one. My most scariest encounter came from a rottweiler. I pull up in the yard tooted my horn and the dog hit
the storm door and got to the PC before the owner did, I slammed the door on his head and he was still trying to get me .The owner didn't like it but you have got to protect yourself at all cost .

It is a curious and ridiculous position to be in when the dog owner is upset you didn't allow his dog to maul you.

When I began to be a courier for a living and was not yet sick and tired of people and their dogs, I carried a box of dog biscuits. One day while delivering in a rural, movie star rich neighborhood a dog approached my van. I tossed the dog a biscuit as the owner approached and as the dog greedily devoured the biscuit the owner got very angry with me.

He demanded to know what I gave his dog. I thought for certain he was joking so I called his bluff. I showed him the box of biscuits and I said in a very patronizing voice "I'm sorry, would you like one too?" He became even angrier and explained to me that "my dog is on a special diet."

I never gave a dog a biscuit ever again.

Mutineer

If I was wealthy enough, and didn't care about being prosecuted for animal cruelty I think I would endeavor to conduct the experiment of two angry territorial geese vs. a Kangal.

If the geese managed to cause the dog to retreat from it's post, or made it so the dog was suitably preoccupied with the geese to be unable to protect livestock I would consider it a goose victory.

MAKAVELI

If I was wealthy enough, and didn't care about being prosecuted for animal cruelty I think I would endeavor to conduct the experiment of two angry territorial geese vs. a Kangal.

If the geese managed to cause the dog to retreat from it's post, or made it so the dog was suitably preoccupied with the geese to be unable to protect livestock I would consider it a goose victory.
Something tells me a goose wouldn't be much of a deterrent for these dogs.

UnionStrong

You mock, belittle, and underestimate the goose.

You'll sing a different tune if one ever gets ahold of yer pickle-sack.
IMG_5174.png

Mutineer

Aside from the impressions I got from geese as a kid, I don't have any experience in wrangling them or living with them as pets or yard guardians.

I do know the one goose that lived near me made very short work of chasing away me, and any solitary wandering dog.

The goose that was near me was only around for a couple years. A pack of coyotes may have got it, or maybe it just dropped dead one day.

Or maybe the only Kangal in the entire state of California found it and ate it!

UnionStrong

Aside from the impressions I got from geese as a kid, I don't have any experience in wrangling them or living with them as pets or yard guardians.

I do know the one goose that lived near me made very short work of chasing away me, and any solitary wandering dog.

The goose that was near me was only around for a couple years. A pack of coyotes may have got it, or maybe it just dropped dead one day.

Or maybe the only Kangal in the entire state of California found it and ate it!
🤣
DHS has detained several Kangals at the Cali border so…