Is The US Making The Same Mistake As Japan Did in 1941?

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Ssshhhh. We are obligated to believe the attack came from a clear blue sky with no precipitating events from the inhuman, bloodthirsty Japanese.

the Japanese gov is convinced they’re somehow the victims though. They definitely were blood thirsty. Imperial japan was almost as bad as Nazi Germany. It just that Germany gets far more coverage.

floridays

wilberforce15

the Japanese gov is convinced they’re somehow the victims though. They definitely were blood thirsty. Imperial japan was almost as bad as Nazi Germany. It just that Germany gets far more coverage.
They were. But Pearl Harbor didn't come from a clear blue sky.
It reminds me of a Bill Burr sketch about battered wives. There are animal guys out there. But you cannot pretend that every butt-kicking came from nowhere with no instigation.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
My guess is fighting through sanctions may have proved more fruitful than the can of whoop-ass that was opened on Dec. 7.

The war was already going bad for them at that point. It was desperation. China was a stalemate. They didn’t have the resource to keep their war machine going. Attacking us was the nail in the coffin.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
They were. But Pearl Harbor didn't come from a clear blue sky.
It reminds me of a Bill Burr sketch about battered wives. There are animal guys out there. But you cannot pretend that every butt-kicking came from nowhere with no instigation.

that’s the government feelings towards ww2 that they were dragged into a war with the USA. Most Japanese were happy that the war ended and saw a booming economy after.

wilberforce15

It's in my last post, using your words.

How long you been working at UPS?
Are you a reserve currently?
I've re-read it a few times. There is no contradiction.
The pension is silly in light of how wrecked the guys are who usually get it.
I didn't join for the pension.

I have no idea what contradiction you think you see.
At UPS for 15+ years. No longer active or reserve. No pension.
Because the pension is silly in light of what it takes to get it.
But I was actually doing stuff. Desk jockey mileage may vary.

floridays

I've re-read it a few times. There is no contradiction.
The pension is silly in light of how wrecked the guys are who usually get it.
I didn't join for the pension.

I have no idea what contradiction you think you see.
At UPS for 15+ years. No longer active or reserve. No pension.
Because the pension is silly in light of what it takes to get it.
But I was actually doing stuff. Desk jockey mileage may vary.
Not worth arguing over.

Commercial Inside Release

The NAZIs were compelling Japan to put China on hold (know this from people that were there,) and attack Russia from the east. Russia's top spy in Japan was reporting to Stalin (maybe on purpose, instead of error,) that Japan was only interested in China. (Japan was... China to them had many incentives, Russia would be a costly, endless endeavor with minimal upside.)

The US had to get involved with Japan, to thwart this eventuality. The so-called conspiracy theories that the US enticed Japan to attack, are not theories at all, but facts. Of course, they miscalculated by keeping their ships too close together in Pearl Harbor making it too easy for Japan, which immediately roused the suspicion of many intelligent people in the US. At the time, Europe still had the opinion that the US didn't know how to fight, and we're only good for keeping Japan busy (and manufacturing equipment for the Lend Lease program.)

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The NAZIs were compelling Japan to put China on hold (know this from people that were there,) and attack Russia from the east. Russia's top spy in Japan was reporting to Stalin (maybe on purpose, instead of error,) that Japan was only interested in China. (Japan was... China to them had many incentives, Russia would be a costly, endless endeavor with minimal upside.)

The US had to get involved with Japan, to thwart this eventuality. The so-called conspiracy theories that the US enticed Japan to attack, are not theories at all, but facts. Of course, they miscalculated by keeping their ships too close together in Pearl Harbor making it too easy for Japan, which immediately roused the suspicion of many intelligent people in the US. At the time, Europe still had the opinion that the US didn't know how to fight, and we're only good for keeping Japan busy (and manufacturing equipment for the Lend Lease program.)
The fact that Japan was not a threat to the Soviets allowed Stalin to move 1 million fresh troops against the Germans. Surprise!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Japanese were animals.
Read "The Rape of Nanking"
No such thing as good combatants.
My Dad was at Pearl Harbor and disliked the Japanese until the day he died.
He actually HATED them for years but mellowed out a little over time.

wilberforce15

Japanese were animals.
Read "The Rape of Nanking"
No such thing as good combatants.
My Dad was at Pearl Harbor and disliked the Japanese until the day he died.
He actually HATED them for years but mellowed out a little over time.
That's cool. And totally correct.

They were animals.

And yet, Pearl Harbor was the natural, and predictable result of backing animals into a corner. When dealing with animals, you have to think first.

Pearl Harbor doesn't happen if we play properly and defensively the whole time, as a giant Switzerland of sorts (without the Nazi banking compromises, and such).

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
That's cool. And totally correct.

They were animals.

And yet, Pearl Harbor was the natural, and predictable result of backing animals into a corner. When dealing with animals, you have to think first.

Pearl Harbor doesn't happen if we play properly and defensively the whole time, as a giant Switzerland of sorts (without the Nazi banking compromises, and such).
If the US did not set sanctions against Japan such as shutting off their oil and money wouldnt that be construed as enabling or okaying the horror that they were committing on the Chinese?

I'll have to do some homework on what other alternatives the US had other than the sanctions they put in place.

That also raises the question on what the world should do with the sanctions they are putting on Russia. Are we backing Putin into a corner?

I don't have any answers there. With the nuclear threat Putin is holding over the world , what could we do?

We cannot allow it. He wont stop at Ukraine and we can not allow his war crimes to go on.

wilberforce15

If the US did not set sanctions against Japan such as shutting off their oil and money wouldnt that be construed as enabling or okaying the horror that they were committing on the Chinese?

I'll have to do some homework on what other alternatives the US had other than the sanctions they put in place.

That also raises the question on what the world should do with the sanctions they are putting on Russia. Are we backing Putin into a corner?

I don't have any answers there. With the nuclear threat Putin is holding over the world , what could we do?

We cannot allow it. He wont stop at Ukraine and we can not allow his war crimes to go on.
I have answers. Don't sanction them. Don't worry about who says that's support for whatever.

Let regional fights be regional fights.