Is The US Making The Same Mistake As Japan Did in 1941?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Ukraine is the most corrupt government in the world...
First off Russia attacked Chernobyl first.. you should ask yourself why would Russia attack and area known to be a radioactive site..

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Japanese were animals.
Read "The Rape of Nanking"
No such thing as good combatants.
My Dad was at Pearl Harbor and disliked the Japanese until the day he died.
He actually HATED them for years but mellowed out a little over time.

A lot of resentment from the older generations. Understandable and not many people know about the rape of Nanking. It didn’t just stop there either. You had stuff they did in the Philippines.

vantexan

A lot of resentment from the older generations. Understandable and not many people know about the rape of Nanking. It didn’t just stop there either. You had stuff they did in the Philippines.
They did stuff everywhere they went. About 20 million killed in China alone. 90,000 Korean and Filipina women were forced into sex slavery to service the Japanese army. And yet some here are apologists for the Japanese.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I was in the Peace Corps in Malaysia back in the early 70's.
They still hated the Japanese so bad you couldnt bring up the subject.

We used to go to Kuantan Beach and the machine gun pill boxes were still there.

Some communists tried to come down from the North when we were there and the Malaysian Army went right up there and kicked ass. Less than a day.

Everyone I knew had weapons of some kind. No way in hell would Malaysians let anyone occupy them again.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
I was in the Peace Corps in Malaysia back in the early 70's.
They still hated the Japanese so bad you couldnt bring up the subject.

We used to go to Kuantan Beach and the machine gun pill boxes were still there.

Some communists tried to come down from the North when we were there and the Malaysian Army went right up there and kicked ass. Less than a day.

Everyone I knew had weapons of some kind. No way in hell would Malaysians let anyone occupy them again.

I think it’s more the older generation that hates the Japanese. It’s different with the younger. Seems to be more China resentment than japan these days.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Not according to some here. Noble samurai forced into a corner by the big mean United States to hear some tell it.

The life of hirohito covers a lot of that stuff it’s a good read. Japanese gov are :censored2:s though. They still actively deny what they did. It’s a shame.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The people are cool the gov sucks

Post ww2 that all changed and hirohito started being seen, as well as interacting with the public. Which wasn’t a thing before the war.

All MacArthur. He pretty much saved hirohito and the blame got shifted to Tojo.
Tojo deserved it

newfie

If the US did not set sanctions against Japan such as shutting off their oil and money wouldnt that be construed as enabling or okaying the horror that they were committing on the Chinese?
We would have to ignore that Japan already felt slighted because they were not allowed to contribute to the WW1 armistice discussions.
and ignore that they were already an aggressor nation looking for justification to seek at the least dominance in the pacific.
I think the sanctions may have been a contributing justification but the plan was already in motion prior.

newfie

Ukraine is the most corrupt government in the world...
the Ukraine is a corrupt nation it would be difficult if not impossible to argue that they are more corrupt than other nations.

in this ranking they did not make the top 10 of corrupt countries where Russia is 5 .

all of this really is irrelevant to the discussion. I am not allowed to kill my neighbor simply because he cheats on his taxes or takes kickbacks from vendors.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We would have to ignore that Japan already felt slighted because they were not allowed to contribute to the WW1 armistice discussions.
and ignore that they were already an aggressor nation looking for justification to seek at the least dominance in the pacific.
I think the sanctions may have been a contributing justification but the plan was already in motion prior.
Racism

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member

Yeah pretty much looking for any reason to attack China. The Chinese were aware, but the country was is in a disarray. The KMT was more concerned about the ccp than fighting japan. they had to kidnap Chiang to form the United front.