Is there any actual language on "occurrences?"

SweatPit

i won't bite
There is a guy that missed 2 weeks in a row, he called in every day and it only counted as 1 occurence. He has been with the company since the 80's so not sure if he is on a different contract or something.

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
I called out Monday and Tuesday and now my sup is trying to hit me with 2 steps of discipline all at once. I always thought that two consecutive days like that only counted as one "occurrence" and so you just get one discipline. He's trying to say that since it is 2 call outs I get 2 steps in the discipline chain.

South sucks. Pay your :censored2:ing dues and be a part of the solution to fix that :censored2:hole

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I called out Monday and Tuesday and now my sup is trying to hit me with 2 steps of discipline all at once.
I always thought that two consecutive days like that only counted as one "occurrence" and so you just get one discipline.
He's trying to say that since it is 2 call outs I get 2 steps in the discipline chain.
Ask the supe to show you the language that supports his right to discipline. That would be entertaining. Then tell him you're too stressed out to work since he's singling you out and go punch out. Make sure you have a solid steward with you otherwise tell him to call the union hall and wait for the BA to get there before he starts running his mouth about what he's going to do.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I called out Monday and Tuesday and now my sup is trying to hit me with 2 steps of discipline all at once.
I always thought that two consecutive days like that only counted as one "occurrence" and so you just get one discipline.
He's trying to say that since it is 2 call outs I get 2 steps in the discipline chain.

English !

And now a Wallation ™ ...

Recently, I telephoned the UPS facility and informed my employer that I shall not be able to report for work. I did the same the following day.

In retaliation, my supervisor is taking two separate cases of disciplinary action against me for missing my work obligations.

Since my call outs were concurrent, it is my position that this was one event, not two. He believes this is indeed two separate incidences, and should be treated as such.

Who is correct?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
And now a Wallation ™ ...

Recently, I telephoned the UPS facility and informed my employer that I shall not be able to report for work. I did the same the following day.

In retaliation, my supervisor is taking two separate cases of disciplinary action against me for missing my work obligations.

Since my call outs were concurrent, it is my position that this was one event, not two. He believes this is indeed two separate incidences, and should be treated as such.

Who is correct?

A255A83F-2399-4BBD-8C81-6B0F0FF125CD.gif