Is there any recourse?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Unfortunately it is just who he is: VERY LAID-BACK. He busts his ass and does his job well, but absolutely despises ruffling feathers. In the relationship world, well, this makes for a nice easy union, and makes him the guy you want to hang out with. In the work world, it leaves him open for getting screwed. It's that whole "nice guys finish last" thing. I think he is finally realizing if he doesn't take a stand, he's going to keep getting effed.

If your hubby is such a laid back wuss, why don't you just call the center manager or BA yourself and ask all these questions. Tell em you're calling because your husband doesn't have the balls to ask himself but YOU do so you want the answers. Its not like you doing that would make your husband come off any worse than already looks.

My second suggestion is that you could just print out all the response of everyone and let him read about what a pansy he sounds like. Maybe that will motivate him to do something. Then again, maybe your husband has no clue that you are making him look like a fool...

Ouch

I would think if they didn't give him 24 hours notice and he reports he is guaranteed 8. Tell him to file and let the company know he will not be walked on or skipped. Talk to the steward and see what he/she reccomends. Imo if he reports he gets paid. If they are refusing to work him he should have the option of bumping 2 junior part timers in the building to get his hours. I don't know where yall are or what your supplement reads, but can't imagine it not having that language in it.

youllbefine

We can't get a day off here... I find it real hard to believe this guy has no work... Sounds like he doesn't want to work.. Are you sure he is even showing up to look for work or just wasting time then coming back home and telling you there was nothing??

youllbefine

I am still just confused on this.... We are constantly getting messages asking us to work preload, local sort or even Saturday air on top of our normal 50 hrs of delivery time.. I think he needs to mam up like I told you last time you brought this up

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yes I guess it appears that way, and you're free to think what you want. He spends 0 time on a computer. Me? I'm at work in front of a computer 9.5 hours, on a slow day, with nothing to do but try to get some answers. With other employee's feedback, I can tell him no, it's not just ME telling him to talk to the steward, but the majority of been-there, done-that employees who recommend it. Plus I'm good at articulating, where he is not.
If hes a fulltime driver, he is entitled to his 8 hours. Doesn't matter how he does it. He could run a route in the blind, bump a driver less senior than him, work preload and local sort to get his 8 hour guarantee. They have to give him his 8 hours per the contract.

Oak

Sounds to me like he's working as much as he really wants to. Also sounds like the wife wants to quit working.

Future

Victory Ride
h210A8570.jpg
I think this about sums it up,but i say so in a very nice way!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If hes a fulltime driver, he is entitled to his 8 hours. Doesn't matter how he does it. He could run a route in the blind, bump a driver less senior than him, work preload and local sort to get his 8 hour guarantee. They have to give him his 8 hours per the contract.
Unless he agrees to go home and not work the day...which is what the wife is complaining about. Then he gets nothing.

UPSwife0174

I told him I post on here. He doesn't care. He has no interest in what anonymous people online have to say. This is where he and I differ. I think some people have valuable input if you care to wade through all the rude asinine comments in between. Thanks to the people who did post useful things. We talked about it last night, and hopefully he can figure out what the best course of action is. Problem is he gets different stories from everyone he talks to there, whether it's supervisors or various older drivers.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Then you're not doing it right
Well, apparently your husband can't bring home the bacon...maybe you need to double-shift...lol.

I told him I post on here. He doesn't care. He has no interest in what anonymous people online have to say. This is where he and I differ. I think some people have valuable input if you care to wade through all the rude asinine comments in between. Thanks to the people who did post useful things. We talked about it last night, and hopefully he can figure out what the best course of action is. Problem is he gets different stories from everyone he talks to there, whether it's supervisors or various older drivers.
Figure out the best course of action??
As many of us have ALREADY said...he needs to talk to his steward...wtf does he pay union dues for?