Is there contract language or US law that prohibits UPS from promoting pro-contract propaganda?

P

pickup

What’s silly is the fact you claiming both UPS and Teamsters think a strike would be bad yet think a no vote would catapult us 2 stages beyond to nuclear status of a strike? Sounds like a scare tactic. Take it or strike? That’s what you’re saying?

I just voted via the phone. The no vote option strongly suggested a strike could happen given the previous strike vote authorization.

I know that is not the next logical step but that is the implied suggestion.

Trailer monkey

I imagine the union is pushing hard because ups is going to add 25% staffing with these 22.4 positions.

That's a 25% increase in full time employees contributing to the failing pension

And a 25% increase in cheaper labor for ups.

A win win for both sides. A lose lose for current part timers and future employees.
It is not a 25% increased in FT jobs, it is "up to 25%' Vacated Package Car jobs will be filled by 22.4's until they comprise 25% of a center. The so called "Protected RPCD" pertains only to the driver, not the job

sandwich

The resident gearhead
A short term win for those who are retiring soon. If the next cba brings a fight over funding the ups/ibt pension, especially after CS goes belly up if the BLA doesnt survive and Congress says "sorry" about the pensions failing, you will now have lost the increase win.
Look what they're doing to their own people in management. Figure it out.
I voted no and no. I'm not advocating a yes vote by any means. Merely speculating on why the big push from the union and company on the yes vote.

Settle down

F

Frankie's Friend

NEWSLASH if we vote it down then it's up to

I voted no and no. I'm not advocating a yes vote by any means. Merely speculating on why the big push from the union and company on the yes vote.

Settle down
I'm not angry yet.

F

Frankie's Friend

You sure? Lmao
giphy-3.gif

iruhnman630

I just voted via the phone. The no vote option strongly suggested a strike could happen given the previous strike vote authorization.

I know that is not the next logical step but that is the implied suggestion.
That has been their last minute scare tactic.

I call their bluff. Neither side will call a work stoppage against their own agreement. Neither side will call a stoppage going into peak.

The union won't call an early 2019 stoppage which puts us outside in the heart of winter.

Tony Q

I'm currently shocked stupid as to why the national union has spent so much money on pro-contract fliers while I have seen hardly anything from UPS themselves. I don't understand why the union is fighting so hard to get membership to vote yes while UPS of course would want this to go through, but it doesn't seem like they've done much other than teleconferences and some things on UPSers.

Is there some labor law that prohibits companies involved in collective bargaining from trying to influence workers on how they vote on a contract or what?
Because we negotiated the best contract possible. So we want you to know it.

JustDeliverIt

We just sat through a 45 minute PCM pushing the contract.

They did this to us last Saturday. Before we got there, they pulled the preload in one boxline at a time to push the starting wage increase. Then brought up the drivers and dispelled all the "myths" out there and wanted to let us know how great this is for everyone. Gave us a stack of papers to look over about how amazing it is. :censored2: that.

They did this to us last Saturday. Before we got there, they pulled the preload in one boxline at a time to push the starting wage increase. Then brought up the drivers and dispelled all the "myths" out there and wanted to let us know how great this is for everyone. Gave us a stack of papers to look over about how amazing it is. :censored2: that.
I would hope the new hires would protest about taking a wage cut to $13/hr if they lose their show up bonus,

brown_trousers

News Flash! You do know the Teamsters negotiated it and it was aproved by the two man committee. What in the world would makes you think they would recommend a no vote? You do know we lost volume last strike and had to get it back, you have to realize both the Teamsters and UPS think a strike would be bad. If you want to not listen to them and strike then vote no but some of these threads are just silly.....Obviously they are pushing a yes vote.

It wasnt just volume we lost last strike. It was market share, And we never got it back.