is this considered harasement?

bjghtiiiii

I started about a month ago as a driver and I've been on the road for about 3 weeks. Everything is great except i'm having trouble getting back on time because my supervisor keeps changing my route and giving me areas with which i'm not familar. I'm fine with the challenge; however, this guy is literally on my ass all day long. He calls me out in front of everyone, insults me to my face, tells me i'm too slow, calls me names, threatens me. I don't know what to do at this point. I'm absolutely miserable and depressed all day long. He literally calls me 10 times a day while I am on my route. I just want to emphasize that I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE COMING BACK LATE. 10 year veterans are coming back late with me. I am the only one getting chewed out by this one supervisor. Other managers say i'm doing a good job. My number 1 priority is safety and making sure all packages are delivered accurately. I know the speed will come once I master the area, but I feel like he is just being overly critical with me right now. I dont know what to do. I am not quitting. I am just confused and not sure what to do right now.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I started about a month ago as a driver and I've been on the road for about 3 weeks. Everything is great except i'm having trouble getting back on time because my supervisor keeps changing my route and giving me areas with which i'm not familar. I'm fine with the challenge; however, this guy is literally on my ass all day long. He calls me out in front of everyone, insults me to my face, tells me i'm too slow, calls me names, threatens me. I don't know what to do at this point. I'm absolutely miserable and depressed all day long. He literally calls me 10 times a day while I am on my route. I just want to emphasize that I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE COMING BACK LATE. 10 year veterans are coming back late with me. I am the only one getting chewed out by this one supervisor. Other managers say i'm doing a good job. My number 1 priority is safety and making sure all packages are delivered accurately. I know the speed will come once I master the area, but I feel like he is just being overly critical with me right now. I dont know what to do. I am not quitting. I am just confused and not sure what to do right now.
849A01AF-326D-43DD-9C0E-C0C38A6D0252.gif

Any other job this would sound like harassment. Here it is called encouraging you to do your best. It gets worse. Either suck it up or move on because you will never be happy if you let this get to you.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Stop answering the phone, and how is he threatening you? Is he saying he is going to break your arm, stab you in the eye with a fork??

bjghtiiiii

Stop answering the phone, and how is he threatening you? Is he saying he is going to break your arm, stab you in the eye with a fork??
not physical violence, just makes threats that he is going to get rid of me if I keep coming back late. I can't help it right now because they keep switching my route and I don't know a lot of these areas. I mastered my previous route, but now everything keeps changing. I guess I just need time to master the route and i'll be fine. However, he literally screams at me when I get back because i'm coming back an hour late. I'm going out with over 175 to 200 packages in new areas that i'm not familar.

not physical violence, just makes threats that he is going to get rid of me if I keep coming back late. I can't help it right now because they keep switching my route and I don't know a lot of these areas. I mastered my previous route, but now everything keeps changing. I guess I just need time to master the route and i'll be fine. However, he literally screams at me when I get back because i'm coming back an hour late. I'm going out with over 175 to 200 packages in new areas that i'm not familar.
They used to threaten us about how would we feed our families without this job. I bet his boss is telling your sup the same thing.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
200 packages or stops?

542thruNthru

Have you made seniority as a drive yet?

If you are still in your qualification period they should not be mixing up your route. If you are DQed you have a legitimate grievance. They may however just be adding more work to your route to buildup to an 8 hour day. Depending on the route 200 packages could be a 6 hour day. It is not an easy job.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Knew that was coming. That's why I said the PT sup line. :)

Did you mean PT Car Washer?

If you are still in your qualification period they should not be mixing up your route. If you are DQed you have a legitimate grievance. They may however just be adding more work to your route to buildup to an 8 hour day. Depending on the route 200 packages could be a 6 hour day. It is not an easy job.