is this considered harasement?

bjghtiiiii

If you are still in your qualification period they should not be mixing up your route. If you are DQed you have a legitimate grievance. They may however just be adding more work to your route to buildup to an 8 hour day. Depending on the route 200 packages could be a 6 hour day. It is not an easy job.

How likely is it that I won't make it after the probation period? I'm trying my best and everything is going great including the safety aspects of the job. My only problem is i'm finishing late and that is because my route keeps changing. The other day I was given a new part of town and I had to use my GPS on almost every stop because I knew nothing about the area. I come back to the office and I can get chewed out in front of everybody. It was so humilating. Meanwhile, other guys are coming back late and nothing happens to them. I just don't get it. Futhermore, I am serious when i say this guy is calling me non stop all day long telling me I need to go faster, go faster, you're moving to slow, i'm going to get someone else in here to do this job. Havinv to pick up the phone every time he calls is also slowing me down. He is literally calling me to yell at me and tell me how bad I suck at my job all day long. Imagine having someone in your ear all day telling you that you suck, you suck, you're slow, your not organized and that your going to be replaced. Meanwhile, I am stuck in a brand new area with my GPS on trying to figure out where a certain house, rushing, tripping over myself. It is beyond frustrating. I will be fine if I could just master one route at a time. I really think he is just taking pleasure in all of this right now.

Last edited:

clean hairy

If he is calling you on your personal phone, and is not paying the bill, you do not have to answer it.
In fact, "forget" to bring your phone in from the car, or just leave it at home.
Sure, when you get in, he will be mad, but we are allowed to "forget" things.
Too bad a Stewart is not witnessing this conduct.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
How likely is it that I won't make it after the probation period? I'm trying my best and everything is going great including the safety aspects of the job. My only problem is i'm finishing late and that is because my route keeps changing. The other day I was given a new part of town and I had to use my GPS on almost every stop because I knew nothing about the area. I come back to the office and I can get chewed out in front of everybody. It was so humilating. Meanwhile, other guys are coming back late and nothing happens to them. I just don't get it. Futhermore, I am serious when i say this guy is calling me non stop all day long telling me I need to go faster, go faster, you're moving to slow, i'm going to get someone else in here to do this job. Havinv to pick up the phone every time he calls is also slowing me down. He is literally calling me to yell at me and tell me how bad I suck at my job all day long. Imagine having someone in your ear all day telling you that you suck, you suck, you're slow, your not organized and that your going to be replaced. Meanwhile, I am stuck in a brand new area with my GPS on trying to figure out where a certain house, rushing, tripping over myself. It is beyond frustrating. I will be fine if I could just master one route at a time. I really think he is just taking pleasure in all of this right now.

Sounds to me like this is his way of telling you to turn off your phone and focus on the job. He's probably mad that you haven't figured that out yet. But yes, it is harassment, and it's wrong. But push through, brush the dirt off your shoulder, and make him pay for it once you reach seniority. If you need help with qualifying, there are lots of threads with good info on these forums.

Last edited:
I started about a month ago as a driver and I've been on the road for about 3 weeks. Everything is great except i'm having trouble getting back on time because my supervisor keeps changing my route and giving me areas with which i'm not familar. I'm fine with the challenge; however, this guy is literally on my ass all day long. He calls me out in front of everyone, insults me to my face, tells me i'm too slow, calls me names, threatens me. I don't know what to do at this point. I'm absolutely miserable and depressed all day long. He literally calls me 10 times a day while I am on my route. I just want to emphasize that I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE COMING BACK LATE. 10 year veterans are coming back late with me. I am the only one getting chewed out by this one supervisor. Other managers say i'm doing a good job. My number 1 priority is safety and making sure all packages are delivered accurately. I know the speed will come once I master the area, but I feel like he is just being overly critical with me right now. I dont know what to do. I am not quitting. I am just confused and not sure what to do right now.
3ohfFiWcto1g1Pbleg.gif

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
not physical violence, just makes threats that he is going to get rid of me if I keep coming back late. I can't help it right now because they keep switching my route and I don't know a lot of these areas. I mastered my previous route, but now everything keeps changing. I guess I just need time to master the route and i'll be fine. However, he literally screams at me when I get back because i'm coming back an hour late. I'm going out with over 175 to 200 packages in new areas that i'm not familar.
Call HR and get his ass fired , we don’t tolerate this UPS managment style anymore

flappybutt

He's not treating you with utmost respect. Block his number, tell him your phone is off because you're trying to concentrate. Hell, even get an app on your phone that records phone calls. Talk to a shop steward, tell him he is harassing you. If you can't grieve it, go above his head and call HR. He won't message you over ODS messages because that leaves a snail trail for the harassment grievance that you need to file ASAP.

davidix

Yes its harrassment. Theres supervisors that target certain people and they do it without mercy.

If you're qualifying they cant switch up your route when ever they want. That's in fact a grievance.

After you qualify you ignore that guys :censored2: and continue to do your job. They will eventually leave you alone.

I had a sup that always and I mean always bothered me. Told me he could walk me out for not running scratch, for parking in the wrong area, for not backing 1st.. you name it. This clown was a racist piece of :censored2:. He would always have me help and send on blind routes.

He even told other drivers to give me their worst stops when I helped. I played his game and now hes somewhere else.

I never said anything.. I kept my cool. He was just waiting for me to explode. He wanted me gone.

He's not treating you with utmost respect. Block his number, tell him your phone is off because you're trying to concentrate. Hell, even get an app on your phone that records phone calls. Talk to a shop steward, tell him he is harassing you. If you can't grieve it, go above his head and call HR. He won't message you over ODS messages because that leaves a snail trail for the harassment grievance that you need to file ASAP.
You can use this information when you apply for your next job.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
#1. Dont answer the phone
#2. He can message you on diad..take pictures of it with your phone.
#3. Every phone call puts you behind at least 3 minutes..theres half an hour.
Your welcome.

Integrity

Binge Poster
IMHO,
Based upon your statement this is harassment.

What are you going to do about it?

Are you an off the street hire or a part-timer going FT?