iS THIS LEGAL. 705 WAKE UP.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
There's FT jobs across the street that start at $20+ and Insurance from day 1. UPS simply can't retain employees for $14.50 with no insurance for 9 months. Plus multiple year wait for a ft gig. Especially somewhere like Chicago.
15 an hour is what I pay my nephew to mow my lawn
Rent for a 1 bedroom here in the northwest is like 1500 a month

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
1620931707407.png

I thought Chicago had one

meritocracy

If they had fewer supervisors and fewer Nazi-like supervisors, I bet they'd have less of a retention issue. Also maybe start people earlier. Just a thought.

cachmeifucan

I would consider going into feeder of my 17 years ft would dovetail into if i didn't start at bottom when changing classification. Then how mad would all the drivers be. Ft is ft im doing 10 hour days too. But i love my hours so after 25 years dont feel like starting over.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The free market works. Why do you think the swamp wants illegal's flooding in? They suppress wages for the working folk.

Inthegame

Why do you think the swamp wants illegal's flooding in? They suppress wages for the working folk.
Interesting logic....wages are going up not down. How is an increase of nearly $10 per hour "suppressed wages"?
Or are illegals now flooding out?

cachmeifucan

Its probably to get people off unemployment and union more dues money. And to suppress long-term employees from to much overtime. They would rather pay them 36 then me 49 overtime wages

Inthegame

Its probably to get people off unemployment and union more dues money. And to suppress long-term employees from to much overtime. They would rather pay them 36 then me 49 overtime wages
Yeah, that's it.

UPS cares deeply for those poor souls on unemployment.

And UPS decided they've screwed the union enough by subcontracting so now they'll pump up dues.

You and Wally need to form a business consulting service.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Interesting logic....wages are going up not down. How is an increase of nearly $10 per hour "suppressed wages"?
Or are illegals now flooding out?
Wages are going up because many were getting fat unemployment bonuses. No need to work right now.

You flood the market with illegal's and guaranteed wages will trend downward.

Illegal's hurt the regular working folk including the union worker.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Yeah, that's it.

UPS cares deeply for those poor souls on unemployment.

And UPS decided they've screwed the union enough by subcontracting so now they'll pump up dues.

You and Wally need to form a business consulting service.
Ups needs bodies and cant get them and keep them. People dont want to work anymore. Work is soo 2019

ManInBrown

I would consider going into feeder of my 17 years ft would dovetail into if i didn't start at bottom when changing classification. Then how mad would all the drivers be. Ft is ft im doing 10 hour days too. But i love my hours so after 25 years dont feel like starting over.
Yeah I don’t know how package drivers here do it. we don’t dovetail when we move to feeders. Luckily I got my feeder transfer pretty early in my career. We have 20-25 year package drivers coming over. We just had 4-5 in the last year make the move. All 20+ years. I give them credit, I could never do it. My blood would boil being stuck working horrible hours, worst jobs, bad equipment. While off the street drivers who got hired a year ago have more seniority. But there’s also another side to it. If we did dovetail here I would probably still be in package. Many more high seniority package drivers would make the switch. Starting over keeps a lot from making the move.

Last edited: