Is this normal at all centers?

Cman84

This is a joke. Managment is using his pending termination as a bargaining tool to scare him and get him to either

1. Settle for pennies on the dollar
2. Throw them all out out of fear

They cannot give you an intent to terminate. There are so many variables such as traffic on the way back to the hub, that if the ba is good should force the termination and suspension to get laughed at and thrown out.
That is kind of what we are thinking.hes calling their bluff. I am trying to play it safe.i just want my overtime reduced not fired lol

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well the problem is.on our 3rd 9.5 they instruct us not to go over 9.5.they say no help or missed.if u go over its a warning letter for failure to follow instructions.2nd time is pending suspension 3rd is pending termination.then they overdidpatch us.so theoretically they can fire us in a week.my coworker got pending term.we are waiting to see what happens tomorrow.....crazy huh? Nobody in my center has heard of these clowns doing this in 40 years
That's a complete load of crap ZERO chance that holds up.

The union does not recognize performance standards. End of story.

Faceplanted

That is kind of what we are thinking.hes calling their bluff. I am trying to play it safe.i just want my overtime reduced not fired lol
You guys need to praise him and tell him thank you.

He will be the reason the 9-5 issue will be fixed. We need more people like this guy who is standing up to them

I highly reccomend you read your contract. Understand all this is scare tactics and intimidation and join him and get others to do the same.

They cannot fire you for this stuff!! Your doing exactly what they expect you to do by second guessing if you should file for 9-5.... don't let them bully us or think they can win!!

35years

Gravy route
Management told us today they arent going to let the teamsters dictate the 9.5s anymore...whatever that means.i asked them if they renogotiated the contract over the weekend.and got a lecture about being a smart ass.another driver opted on the list and he is dealing with harassment now. Methods ride, virtual ride alongs. We have spoken to our b.a. About harassment grievance and he said thats tough to prove. We are still documenting messages for 9.5 grievances. Hearing is tomorrow
How did the hearing go?

Faceplanted

Warning letters and all disipline retracted for both of us.they said they will watch our dispatch from here on out.no penalty pay.we both have 12 hour days today.
So u guys settled? Why?

Over 9.5hr worked you get paid!!! Why did you guys get screwed?

Look into nlrb charges against your local, they are not representing you guys fairly.

Cman84

Yes they basically settled to throw out disipline.they wont even let my coworker on the list and he had 3 9.5s two weeks in a row.can i call nlrb anonymously ? after witnessing the obvious collusion between mgmt and our union im scared to put my name out there

Faceplanted

Yes they basically settled to throw out disipline.they wont even let my coworker on the list and he had 3 9.5s two weeks in a row.can i call nlrb anonymously ? after witnessing the obvious collusion between mgmt and our union im scared to put my name out there
NLRB

Link is there. Don't be scared. File a formal complaint and have your co worker do the same. Any retaliation from ups or teamsters is a lawsuit.

I would also go to your next meeting at the local and bring this up.

We got union guys on here crying about what side is better, tdu this, Boston bully that. This is the real problem guys!!! Let's fix it!!!

Last edited:

Cman84

NLRB

Link is there. Don't be scared. File a formal complaint and have your co worker do the same. Any retaliation from ups or teamsters is a lawsuit.

I would also go to your next meeting at the local and bring this up.

We got union guys on here crying about what side is better, tdu this, Boston bully that. This is the real problem guys!!! Let's fix it!!!
Thanks all of you for your advice.im thinking about calling osha since they are telling our coworkers we do this on purpose.when we run good times and hit sporh.they are creating a hostile work enviroment for us.9.5s are the only thing we are disiplined for.

Faceplanted

Thanks all of you for your advice.im thinking about calling osha since they are telling our coworkers we do this on purpose.when we run good times and hit sporh.they are creating a hostile work enviroment for us.9.5s are the only thing we are disiplined for.
Do that too

vvv

Jam it up their collective backsides harder and harder!!

Hell.....my regular truck was missing from the lineup again today and they texted me asking if I wanted the day off before I even came in because they know the drill. I said "I'll be in and we'll all suffer the outcome collectively".
Result.....Next Days removed......40 minutes to clean windows and cab before leaving......light route......and then another 35 minutes in the wash tunnel when I returned power spraying the whole back cargo area out. And that was letting them off a bit easy as usually when I power spray the seating area there's another good 20 minutes to wipe everything clean and dry.

Don't stand for any of their crap....that's all it is.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Jam it up their collective backsides harder and harder!!

Hell.....my regular truck was missing from the lineup again today and they texted me asking if I wanted the day off before I even came in because they know the drill. I said "I'll be in and we'll all suffer the outcome collectively".
Result.....Next Days removed......40 minutes to clean windows and cab before leaving......light route......and then another 35 minutes in the wash tunnel when I returned power spraying the whole back cargo area out. And that was letting them off a bit easy as usually when I power spray the seating area there's another good 20 minutes to wipe everything clean and dry.

Don't stand for any of their crap....that's all it is.

Yawn.

vvv

Got em' again today Upstate.

Back from vacation recently and all the swing clowns are in such a big hurry and always hurling the rear door open causing it to go off track with cables and/or rollers.
So I come back and it goes out on me......write it up......and of course the mechanics had to grease the hell out of the whole inside back door and such. Got my regular buggy back today and let the boss know it would be getting cleaned back to its original condition.
So finished the route and stopped at the auto parts store nearby for some towels and de-greaser.
2 hours of OT later the door is now back to being acceptable and I don't have to worry about getting grease all over my clothes or customer packages.

About $65 for yesterdays cleanup and $100+ for todays fiasco.......LOVE IT!!