Is this normal at all centers?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
hi everybody, just want to start off saying I've been with UPS 8 years, 4 years now as a driver...
Is it normal to be treated like this at most centers or is mine just this messed up?

View attachment 122559

Perhaps you could use your insurance for stress management classes or maybe a Rx drug (like Prozac) that helps relieve stress but make sure it is not banned by the DOT.

km3

There is nothing there to be upset about.

Yeah, taunting at most. Nothing to file a lawsuit over. Probably couldn't even grieve that.

We are written up for everything, questionable or not. Why not hold them to the same standards? If I were called in for saying something that may come off as sexual harassment to a customer damn straight the next day I'd be fired, or be talked to and most definitely recorded.

I agree. I just don't know if you have anything with that message. All I see is taunting. Wouldn't be any more or any less offensive if the word "person" was used in place of "man."

Faceplanted

Yeah, taunting at most. Nothing to file a lawsuit over. Probably couldn't even grieve that.

I agree. I just don't know if you have anything with that message. All I see is taunting. Wouldn't be any more or any less offensive if the word "person" was used in place of "man."
You cannot expect different or have different expectations based on race, sex, creed, religion.

You guys are all perfect for ups management!!!

Generation snow flake gets offended very easially. People now and days are gay as well believe it or not. How do we know op is not. How does management know he is not. If he was he could be seriously offended and hurt.

Can managment say the opposite to a woman? "Your pretty good for being a woman"? Is that cool?

Last edited:

Hooey1

They will be raised to take care of themselves and not to pout over what is basically nothing.
I'm glad to hear that, many kids these days aren't parented as they should be. I do kindly thank you for your feedback, it's been going on two years of issues like these. The thread I started is just the most recent. Thank you everybody for your responses. Not everybody may look at this as harassment but it's just getting old to me especially when other drivers in my center never get talked to nor bothered.

Hooey1

Really ? Don't mention people's Grandchildren or children at all
Shouldn't be offended if he thinks we are being treated fairly? And neither should you. dont be a hypocrite future.... it's not okay for one individual to cross a line but not another?!? And I'm asking for help so if your not willing to keep it moving.

Future

Victory Ride
hi everybody, just want to start off saying I've been with UPS 8 years, 4 years now as a driver...
Is it normal to be treated like this at most centers or is mine just this messed up?
When I want on the 9.5 list and ask for reduced hrs I basically get repremended or pulled off to the side and talked to the next day about my times.
One time I actually filed a grievance for lack of reduced hrs and the next day had my center manager ride with me a whole week... claiming it was an Orion ride along but critiqued and bitched about how I was doing things wrong. These are just a few examples of what I've gone through. I had put in for an 8 hr day two days ago and it was approved. They cut a route right before driver start time and I received most of the business and some resis which prior to that I was still going to be over 8 hrs and told management that. Halfway through the day I received this message maybe posted below, I worked 8 hrs and brought back 52 stops which I'm sure I'll be pulled into the office or have a ride along tmrw.... to be honest our center consists of about 32 routes and the whole place is basically a joke. I personally consider this harassment and am mentally drained at this point. And yes I work at a brisk safe pace and don't fool around. Was just looking for some feedback to maybe have things changed.

View attachment 122559
It's a tool ...MGT uses .....your a younger driver ....your going to get hit with this .....do it by the book ...or they will get u on something ....

Hooey1

Not trying to be ...
And before I seem completely out of line I want to explain where I was coming from... if some people think the harassing messages and over supervision is fine then okay, but there's lots of talk about my generation being "snowflakes" but from what I can gather is I wouldn't want my children to be treated like so, so why not try and give advice and make an impact so working for UPS is better for future generations. Nobody wants to be treated like garbage, it's okay to approach someone about a work problem but the harassment is completely unnecessary. Like what was the point to send me that message? I do apologize I won't bring up children, my approach was wrong but not how I meant it... But I want better for future generations.

Future

Victory Ride
And before I seem completely out of line I want to explain where I was coming from... if some people think the harassing messages and over supervision is fine then okay, but there's lots of talk about my generation being "snowflakes" but from what I can gather is I wouldn't want my children to be treated like so, so why not try and give advice and make an impact so working for UPS is better for future generations. Nobody wants to be treated like garbage, it's okay to approach someone about a work problem but the harassment is completely unnecessary. Like what was the point to send me that message? I do apologize I won't bring up children, my approach was wrong but not how I meant it... But I want better for future generations.
THank You