Is this standard operating procedure now?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
PAS/EDD has been the best thing to come along in my 21 years. It has improved my efficiency quite a bit. I am also fortunate in that my loader does not simply look at the PAL and load accordingly but is also to set up my load properly. He will recognize bulk stops and load them where it will be easiest for me to deliver them from. I deliver to a college that uses mulitple addresses and he loads all of them together. I can easily do 20-30 more stops in the same time frame as pre-EDD.

The only time I get upset with PAS/EDD is when the preload is running late and they don't SPA the packages.

As I reflect on all of your stories and experiences, I have to draw the conclusion that you don't play the lottery.
With your luck, had you been buying lottery tickets, you would have surely won the jackpot by now.
You truly have the "Midas Touch".

W

westsideworma

That's really good for you, seriously. Although, according to UPS, you preloader is not doing his job as prescribed.

very true, here that is called "customizing the load" and it is not allowed....even if its right.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
very true, here that is called "customizing the load" and it is not allowed....even if its right.

Same here. I am the happiest when I have an "old school" loader for a day or two. Unfortunately, my trip gets moved around the belt two or three days a week.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
i would not say it was the best thing ever,, losing the paper allowance hurt,, but there is alot of positive behind the idea, when it came in to my center about 5/ yrs ago.. i hated it,, i allready set my load up whats the bigdeal..? now i use it to make my day easier,, and about 90 percent of the time it does

W

westsideworma

I was an old school loader (pre PAS), I got so frustrated with PAS while loading it was ridiculous, its better now but still has kinks. The no customizing part really frosts me because usually its a simple request from the driver that would save the driver a ton of time but takes forever to get changed "the right way" (so they tell me anyway). Oh well add it to the list of things we do/don't do that dont make sense to me.

Upstate, Flynns by the UPS i work at actually has the best prices around on gas at the moment :happy2:

PAS/EDD has been the best thing to come along in my 21 years. It has improved my efficiency quite a bit. I am also fortunate in that my loader does not simply look at the PAL and load accordingly but is also to set up my load properly. He will recognize bulk stops and load them where it will be easiest for me to deliver them from. I deliver to a college that uses mulitple addresses and he loads all of them together. I can easily do 20-30 more stops in the same time frame as pre-EDD.

The only time I get upset with PAS/EDD is when the preload is running late and they don't SPA the packages.
You are so concerned with your efficiency! Why? How fast do you want to go?