Is UPS crying Poor (underfunded non-union retirement) for more major takeaways?

kobi

After working for UPS for close to 35 years, they always cry poor the year prior to the contract. Their most recent news stated the under-funding of their management employees retirement. Is this another ploy to break the Union?

After working for UPS for close to 35 years, they always cry poor the year prior to the contract. Their most recent news stated the under-funding of their management employees retirement. Is this another ploy to break the Union?
Maybe not to break the Union, but definitely a ploy to ask for more concessions. And a lot of FT union members will vote for more concessions because "won't hurt me". I hear it every contract vote time.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
And I pray that our contract takes every penny from non union employees. As I stated in a different thread, it's a huge bargaining ploy. "How can you guys go on strike when there is no money blah blah blah."
I don't give an friend! I'm getting paid for my service AND the BS they put us through. Not to mention a slew of other things. We are a sales team (without having time to), we are lost prevention (without having time to), mechanics (without having time to), therapists (without having time to) and we have to fix the countless management mistakes (without having time to). I have a great idea, take the non union pension and give it to us!

LeadBelly

Banned
4 year FT progression, $10/hr starting PT pay with no benefits. But I guess that does not effect you.
I'm not going to hash out the contract with you. It's a no win situation. The people in management have a 5,000 dollar deductible. Their medical got pretty bad in the last 6 years. When they see how much yours is better than theirs they take it out on you. Then I have to come in and fight that bully. For that you will never fully understand or appreciate it. It is what it is.

LeadBelly

Banned
And I pray that our contract takes every penny from non union employees. As I stated in a different thread, it's a huge bargaining ploy. "How can you guys go on strike when there is no money blah blah blah."
I don't give an friend! I'm getting paid for my service AND the BS they put us through. Not to mention a slew of other things. We are a sales team (without having time to), we are lost prevention (without having time to), mechanics (without having time to), therapists (without having time to) and we have to fix the countless management mistakes (without having time to). I have a great idea, take the non union pension and give it to us!
Now that you put it that way brother, I need to update my resume!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm not going to hash out the contract with you. It's a no win situation. The people in management have a 5,000 dollar deductible. Their medical got pretty bad in the last 6 years. When they see how much yours is better than theirs they take it out on you. Then I have to come in and fight that bully. For that you will never fully understand or appreciate it. It is what it is.
My point was that Union members are taking huge cuts in pay and benefits also. Just not the members that you started working with.