Is UPS hurting

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Amazon stock is based on hopes and dreams (and maybe rainbows and unicorns ). Not as much on real world value.
images

Pot of gold at the end of this one.

rod

Retired 22 years
you right about the cost to a point. i just received a new carhartt coat that i ordered from Amazon for the same cost with tax as dicks sporting goods or bobs stores or the carhartt store in the mall. thing is, none of those local brick and mortar stores carried all styles in all colors in all sizes. this goes for so many things you buy today, the options available online will never be available locally. i will never again spend my (very precious to me) Saturday or Sunday afternoon driving to three different stores to come home aggravated and empty handed. to be honest, at this point id gladly spend a few extra bucks on something shipped in two days rather than leave the house

I see where you are coming from but from my experiences with internet shopping for clothes is that for every 10 things you order you have to ship back 8 of them because their idea of an X-large tee shirt isn't the same an X- large purchased locally. I've actually got some stuff from Vietnam marked XXXXL that wouldn't pass for a medium locally. When the gal bought them overseas she said she thought they looked like the may be running their sizes a little small. A LITTLE? Good god--a XXXXL should be big enough to make a circus tent out of. I wear a size XL but still can wear "some" L's.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The mechanic that my truck is assigned told me that he has 1 brush left for painting rims, his boss told him that it will be a while before he can order more.
And they barely stay together for 1 job. The People's Quality Brush Factory in Wangdang burned down a long time ago.

rod

Retired 22 years
The small amount that sales tax adds to products will have minimal impact on internet sales. You are still getting a larger variety of products from the convenience of your home. In fact I have been willing to pay a little more for that address convenience. I did all my shopping for Christmas online because I despise having to go to the malls this time of year. Even if it cost me twice online what it would be locally in my mind it's still worth it.

I can see where you are coming from too but where is the cut off line from being too lazy to actually shop to just plopping yourself in front of a screen and pushing buttons. It's funny how when you retire and have time on your hands things change.

rod

Retired 22 years
The small amount that sales tax adds to products will have minimal impact on internet sales. You are still getting a larger variety of products from the convenience of your home. In fact I have been willing to pay a little more for that address convenience. I did all my shopping for Christmas online because I despise having to go to the malls this time of year. Even if it cost me twice online what it would be locally in my mind it's still worth it.

Actually 7,8 or 9 % sales tax isn't anything to sneeze at

Indecisi0n

I can see where you are coming from too but where is the cut off line from being too lazy to actually shop to just plopping yourself in front of a screen and pushing buttons. It's funny how when you retire and have time on your hands things change.
Your last statement says it all. We are at two totally different ends of the spectrum. My time out of work is more valuable then saving a couple bucks. I'd rather orther things online and have more time with friends and family. If I was retired I am sure it would be the opposite.