Israeli Attack on the High Seas

wkmac

Are you trying to say that the attack on the USS Liberty is anything like what has been happening there as of late?

Well sure. Just like Israel is justified in it's actions today, it was also justified in it's actions in 1967'. I mean the USS Liberty had to be in the wrong as the Navy stood down on the highest orders and since those days we've backed Israel no matter what and continued to send them billions and billions in aid dollars. Even time and time again when we caught them spying on us, we had to be in the wrong, right?

BTW, for the record, from what I've seen Saudia Arabia has gotten even more aid money from the US (taxpayer's property or wealth redistribution) over the years than Israel so I'm for ending it all, cutting them loose and let the chips fall where they fall!

wkmac

I'm all for this idea.
Let's start with all the $$$ barry is sending to Hamas.

Maybe "Barry" needs to check with the Israelis first.

"Hamas, to my great regret, is Israel's creation," says Mr. Cohen, a Tunisian-born Jew who worked in Gaza for more than two decades. Responsible for religious affairs in the region until 1994, Mr. Cohen watched the Islamist movement take shape, muscle aside secular Palestinian rivals and then morph into what is today Hamas, a militant group that is sworn to Israel's destruction.
Instead of trying to curb Gaza's Islamists from the outset, says Mr. Cohen, Israel for years tolerated and, in some cases, encouraged them as a counterweight to the secular nationalists of the Palestine Liberation Organization and its dominant faction, Yasser Arafat's Fatah. Israel cooperated with a crippled, half-blind cleric named Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, even as he was laying the foundations for what would become Hamas. Sheikh Yassin continues to inspire militants today; during the recent war in Gaza, Hamas fighters confronted Israeli troops with "Yassins," primitive rocket-propelled grenades named in honor of the cleric.

How Israel Helped to Spawn Hamas

Hamas is a Creation of Mossad

Maybe Israel is following the CIA/Afghanistan jihadist model known as the Database but just like ours it backfired and bit the hand that created it or was that it's real purpose to begin with?

wkmac

Seems the Israelis have a surprising ally in continuing the Gaza Blockade.

You didn't think the Arab world was some unified monolithic force did you? And you thought we in the US had a monopoly when it comes to 2 faced politicians?

:happy-very: