It’s about to get real here in 705!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Believe it was Queens, 250 drivers struck over the firing of a driver.

Local 804.

It was unauthorized, did the international punish them?

No, the company did.... by firing them.

Ken H had to come in and facilitate an agreement to put them all back to work,

with each driver receiving a 2-week suspension and the Local paying the company

for monetary losses. (can't remember the amount) Also, the BA involved was

removed from representing the members at that facility.

"As part of the agreement, the workers will receive a 10-day, unpaid suspension. The union also will pay UPS for damages from the lost productive time."

UPS Rehires 250 Workers After Firing Them For Protesting | HuffPost

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Local 804.

"As part of the agreement, the workers will receive a 10-day, unpaid suspension. The union also will pay UPS for damages from the lost productive time."

-Bug-
Pretty sure S OBrien was part of that supposed IBT white horse rescue party, was he not?

BuckyBadger

705/710 could still strike a match. All those people that voted for the contract are now getting upset that they haven't got their raises. I could see this being a tide changer if played correctly by the IBT.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
705/710 could still strike a match. All those people that voted for the contract are now getting upset that they haven't got their raises. I could see this being a tide changer if played correctly by the IBT.

Our raises aren't waiting on 705/710.

They are waiting on the last few Supplements under the Master.

If those get passed, we get our retro and raises irregardless of what 705/710 does.

F

Frankie's Friend

Believe it was Queens, 250 drivers struck over the firing of a driver. It was unauthorized, did the international punish them?

Local 804.

-Bug-
Screenshot_20181108-193642_Google.jpg

Maspeth.

Maplewood

Please strike. So UPS corporate can see that we don't need you drivers with the technology we have. Put maps in the diads and hire someone who appreciates making as much money as you people do. Your not satisfied with almost $40/hr?????? Go choke on your strike!
Its retards like the one that posted this that drags all our wages down. And you know this loser also voted for Trump. lol

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I’m kinda torn on what slate to vote for. I do like the way our current leadership has handled things lately. Then today several coworkers were wearing the Change 705 shirts. The couple guys I spoke with said the current regime has been there too long (10 years) and they think very highly of some Tony guy on the ticket. So now I don’t know what to do lol. I’m still kinda new at only 4 months in.
Actually, it's been 15 years for Moving Forward. They've done a lot of good. But they've also fallen way short on many of the basics, IMO.

One particular campaign flyer of theirs I find insulting, is the one touting their growing the pension fund 50% since 2011. Obviously it suffered greatly in the depression starting in 2008. If one were to check, I'm pretty sure where it's at now is where it was at back in 2006/2007. I would have to find my notes from back then, so I can't swear 100% to it, but I'm pretty sure.

Same thing about claiming how much they've increased the # of feeder drivers. It probably sounds impressive, unless you stop and think: hey, it sure looks like they picked the low point when the most feeders were laid off.

I've got a few more (low) points to make about Moving Forward, but out of time for now.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Pretty sure S OBrien was part of that supposed IBT white horse rescue party, was he not?
Yes, hall and OBrien had to step in to facilitate damage control but I think the deciding factor for UPS to bring back the drivers was the total backlash they received from customers. I remember NYC and the state of New York fired back at ups publicly and threatened to pull all their city and state accounts because of this...really bad press for ups all over a lying mgt person who said that a driver could start early and then recanted what he said after driver was questioned About changing his start time....

F

Frankie's Friend

Yes, hall and OBrien had to step in to facilitate damage control but I think the deciding factor for UPS to bring back the drivers was the total backlash they received from customers. I remember NYC and the state of New York fired back at ups publicly and threatened to pull all their city and state accounts because of this...really bad press for ups all over a lying mgt person who said that a driver could start early and then recanted what he said after driver was questioned About changing his start time....
FACT

F

Frankie's Friend

I know they will....

But, will there be enough of them and will they yell loud enough?
Making the news like they did in NYC is helpful but cancelling shipping contracts with package and freight speaks louder than media reports of worker and local government outrage.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Making the news like they did in NYC is helpful but cancelling shipping contracts with package and freight speaks louder than media reports of worker and local government outrage.

You think shippers are going to cancel shipping contracts with UPS because Hoffa stopped UPS from going on strike?