It’s about to get real here in 705!

over9five

Staff member
So here it is a month after this thread was started. I haven't read it, got no idea what it's about. I have just one question:

Did it get real there in 705?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
57AD5EC1-2E27-4978-987E-22E19ED37BE6.jpeg
So here it is a month after this thread was started. I haven't read it, got no idea what it's about. I have just one question:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Because of the series of events regarding UPS small package and freight this year UPS will lose volume. Customers are becoming increasingly weary of this cycle every 5 years. I don’t wish to scare anyone in making this statement, just stating my perception and feedback from customers that rely on our services. There will be more options 5 years from now.

Amazon is offering 50 percent cheaper shipping than UPS for some sellers

To those who say this option is a stretch, remember that a lot of people pay for things based solely on cost.
If they lower their prices too much ups and FedEx have a Legitimate lawsuit against amazon.....

So pretty much the same as it is now except cross airborne out and put in ontrac .... not much has really changed
No, the capacity of those few was very limited. Post office delivered few pkgs compared to today. RPS was also a drop in the bucket compared to Fedex ground today. DHL (airborne) is coming back. Ontrac, amazon, people delivering out of their cars, Costco and others stores now delivers, plus now you can order on line and pick up at the store.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No, the capacity of those few was very limited. Post office delivered few pkgs compared to today. RPS was also a drop in the bucket compared to Fedex ground today. DHL (airborne) is coming back. Ontrac, amazon, people delivering out of their cars, Costco and others stores now delivers, plus now you can order on line and pick up at the store.
How do you think the post office moves most of their packages????

Coldworld

60 months and counting
50% discounts are huge. But not enough for antitrust? There is no need to discount more than 50%.
How would you know this??? Do you work for the government??? Amazon is already under the microscope and I bet within a few years we will see amazon broken up into a few different companies...

How would you know this??? Do you work for the government??? Amazon is already under the microscope and I bet within a few years we will see amazon broken up into a few different companies...
You don’t believe a 50% discount to UPS is huge?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Seems like lowballing the competition if you ask me...

Exactly what FedEx does.

They come to our big shippers and undercut us. The problem is, they actually lose money at first.

Once the initial contract is over, FedEx jacks up the rates figuring that the shipper will just stick with them instead of changing companies again.

Tony Q

After the UPS freight situation I think we will probably see a different strategy coming out of locals 705 and 710.

BuckyBadger

I've lived in Chicago a long time. The support for unions here is outstanding and National vs Chicago Union will not play very well in the media at all even though it's Union on Union.

705 clearly tries to strike and Hoffa comes in and shuts down, you better believe that will be front page news and big time problems for the ups here in chicago.

F

Frankie's Friend

I think New York congresswoman or congressmen were also involved with this.... absolutely stupid move on UPS’ part....that whole mgt team from the division manager all the way down to the on car sup should have been fired....pathetic
They don't get fired they get promoted.

BuckyBadger

it would be nice to have some sort of finality on 710...stewards still know nothing, BA still knows nothing. Great job, everybody. If the contract's just going to get forced, let's be done already.

It's a dog and pony show at this point, the story will still be the same Wednesday.

Last edited: