It’s about to get real here in 705!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
San Diego is a :censored2: hole! These damn millennials are to soft! Crying about working 11 years as a PT loader just to go driving. Don't they realize our old entitled generation only had to wait a couple years to get a good paying FT job! They just don't know how hard it was to do 50 stops a day on paper! My hands hurt from all that writing.
It blows my mind that the wait to become a driver is so long in sandiego...

542thruNthru

It blows my mind that the wait to become a driver is so long in sandiego...

It blows my mind when people say they can't get people to bid a FT driver job. Especially when they live in low cost of living areas.

We have at least 80 PTers waiting for their turn and that's not even counting the PT cover drivers that are waiting also.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It blows my mind when people say they can't get people to bid a FT driver job. Especially when they live in low cost of living areas.

We have at least 80 PTers waiting for their turn and that's not even counting the PT cover drivers that are waiting also.
Crazy... is there only one building that covers the San Diego area??? How many drivers do you have there??

542thruNthru

Crazy... is there only one building that covers the San Diego area??? How many drivers do you have there??

3 building cover San Diego.

About 150 in one building. 300 in another and maybe 100 in the smallest building. Not exactly sure on the numbers but I'd say it's close to that.

babboo25

Banned

Just put 2 drivers on, 1 has been on preload 3 weeks, nobody else inside wanted the other spot so they hired from outside, had him work preload 1 day to be considered inside hire.

542thruNthru

Just put 2 drivers on, 1 has been on preload 3 weeks, nobody else inside wanted the other spot so they hired from outside, had him work preload 1 day to be considered inside hire.

It just shows how different it is everywhere. I'd have literally killed someone to be FT after only 3 weeks. :)

Waldo

I can try to find out Sunday IL ask at the meeting

How important is the meeting tomorrow? In my outbound the veteran employees have told us its very important to show our support as we are gearing up to take a strike vote soon. A couple of us will be there for the first time. So don’t be surprised to see a bunch of new faces there.

babboo25

Banned
How important is the meeting tomorrow? In my outbound the veteran employees have told us its very important to show our support as we are gearing up to take a strike vote soon. A couple of us will be there for the first time. So don’t be surprised to see a bunch of new faces there.
Strike vote LOL, bye bye 705!

cachmeifucan

Go early to get a parking spot it's a nomination meeting so wear your moving forward slate shirt. There is supposed to be another slate but I fully support moving forward slate. And they are having something afterwards the more the merrier.

710 steward

Stay strong 705. Illinois needs a united 710 and 705 now more than ever.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Don't confuse "per hour" with "per man-hour". If UPS pays you $32 an hour it means they're paying you $8 per man hour and you're doing 4 hours worth of work in one hour. That's why routes have gone from 80-90 stops back in '04 to 150-200 stops in '18 and it's only going to climb the more your "hourly wage" is. Think about that before you start trotting out "$40 an hour" nonsense.
Listen to what this individual is saying so true. Yes i earn more per hour as i did 5 years ago, however 5 years ago 170 stops was a 10 hour day today its a 8.5 day same geographically area same customers more boxes yet 1.5 hours less pay for same work. UPS doesn't give rasies they give more work.

bowhnterdon

I am going ask again, as I did on the vote no page. What prevents Junior from saying no Strike, keep negotiating. On Facebook, TB says at the Union meeting today(705) if the Union doesn’t get $15, catch up raises for all Pt, $400 increase in Pension and no 22.4, that they are going on Strike on Black Friday. What prevents Junior from saying, No Strike! BUG, I know you have an answer...

710 steward

Yep, I’m in 710 and we’re all worried we’ll end up in new locals if we try any shenanigans.

I am in 710 too. I do not “fear” we will be pushed into other locals. This ramrod is the beginning of the end of the Teamsters as we know it. It’s over. Fat bit Hoffa got a huge bonus off selling us out. Let him do it. It will be his last failure.

babboo25

Banned
I am going ask again, as I did on the vote no page. What prevents Junior from saying no Strike, keep negotiating. On Facebook, TB says at the Union meeting today(705) if the Union doesn’t get $15, catch up raises for all Pt, $400 increase in Pension and no 22.4, that they are going on Strike on Black Friday. What prevents Junior from saying, No Strike! BUG, I know you have an answer...
Nothing prevents him, that’s exactly what will happen.