It’s crazy to ask for more than 1$/year

Thebrownblob

well at least I got mine. I have to start thinking like that. Hey our raises aren’t keeping up with inflation and the new guys won’t be able to buy a decent house here, but at least I got mine.
Now I feel better
You’re getting exactly what you should get, same as I did. We are worth only what can be negotiated for us collectively if you want to vote no go ahead. Your only concern is money then you aren’t understanding what collective bargaining is all about.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Yes
that’s what we needed to get back to the spending power 10-15 years ago we had. Official inflation numbers are a bit less but real numbers yes, especially housing. I bought my house for 300 when I was making 28$. Now it’s worth 700 and top rate is 44? I wouldn’t want to be a driver trying to start out right now.

Okay.

Well, I'm retiring in 2 1/2 years, so good luck with that.

I'm pretty confident I've hated this place for longer than you ('84), but we're not robbing Fort Knox, here.

The point isn't to bankrupt the company; it's to get paid what we're worth.

some1else

Banned
Okay.

I'm pretty confident I've hated this place for longer than you ('84), but we're not robbing Fort Knox, here.

Asking for an adjustment to account for inflation, not even a raise, is not going to bankrupt the company. Ups has raised rates in line with inflation they can raise pay.
I don’t agree that my work is worth less than it was 10 years ago or 20 years ago. I should be paid at least the same inflation adjusted as I did then.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Okay.

You started in 1984 and won't be retiring until 2026? 42 years----really??

I started in 1989 and retired in 2018 (29.3 years) with a full pension. NYSTPF requires 1000 FT hours for a full year of pension credit and I had 1050 hours in 1989.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
You started in 1984 and won't be retiring until 2026? 42 years----really??

I started in 1989 and retired in 2018 (29.3 years) with a full pension. NYSTPF requires 1000 FT hours for a full year of pension credit and I had 1050 hours in 1989.

I started right out of high school and will retire when I’m 59. You also have a better pension than we do in the Central region.