It’s crazy to ask for more than 1$/year

some1else

Banned
IMG_4398.jpeg
IMG_4399.jpeg

5-7$ over life of contract we are getting is about 11-15%
40.2% over 4 years would be 50% over 5 putting us at 60$+ at the end of the contract.
Think small be small boys.

Thebrownblob

View attachment 439396View attachment 439397
5-7$ over life of contract we are getting is about 11-15%
40.2% over 4 years would be 50% over 5 putting us at 60$+ at the end of the contract.
Think small be small boys.
I’m all for getting a decent raise we deserve it. But also we are not pilots. It’s a pretty technical job. I have a friend who is a pilot for American Airlines. And he’s been training, and flying and practicing since we were in high school. It took him many years to make the big bucks.

some1else

Banned
I’m all for getting a decent raise we deserve it. But also we are not pilots. It’s a pretty technical job. I have a friend who is a pilot for American Airlines. And he’s been training, and flying and practicing since we were in high school. It took him many years to make the big bucks.
Yes pilots get paid more than us that’s why I’m showing the percentage. Do you have any reason that their value has increased more than ours since 2018?
I.e
Pilot 200,000 30% raise 260000
Ups driver 100,000 30% 130,000
I understand why we get 100 vs 200 but why do you think we deserve 11% vs 40%

Thebrownblob

Yes pilots get paid more than us that’s why I’m showing the percentage. Do you have any reason that their value has increased more than ours since 2018?
I.e
Pilot 200,000 30% raise 260000
Ups driver 100,000 30% 130,000
I understand why we get 100 vs 200 but why do you think we deserve 11% vs 40%
Pilots are highly skilled require lots of training. And I’m not certain when I said 11%. That’s what you said, I believe we should get as much as we can and that’s what we’ll get. Last I checked we have no idea what the offer is.

Thebrownblob

Your response was we shouldn’t expect the same percent. I agree that we shouldn’t be paid the same amount but why should we not expect a similar percent raise?
Oh, what I expect, and what we get offered might not be the same thing. And once again for the record, I have no idea what we were offered, either in real money or percentage. The sad fact is I may not ever know.

some1else

Banned
Oh, what I expect, and what we get offered might not be the same thing. And once again for the record, I have no idea what we were offered, either in real money or percentage. The sad fact is I may not ever know.
You are so slippery I don’t understand what you’re saying. My post was hey look at these comps people saying asking for more than 10% crazy aren’t right based on actual market conditions. . You think what about that?

Thebrownblob

You are so slippery I don’t understand what you’re saying. My post was hey look at these comps people saying asking for more than 10% crazy aren’t right based on actual market conditions. . You think what about that?
Slippery? How can I make any judgment on something? I have no idea about what I’m getting? Lol come on. How do you know we’re not getting offered 30% over 5 years?
If you go back and read any post of mine about what I think we should get. It was between six and eight dollars an hour over five years, including some substantial bumps in our pension.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
You're comparing two completely different jobs that have huge disparities in volume of employees. If I remember correctly, when the pilots negotiated their contract, they were quite a bit lower than similar pilots in different companies. Again, relying on my memory, they were due a big bump in pay.

It's short sided to compare our %'s to theirs.

some1else

Banned
You're comparing two completely different jobs that have huge disparities in volume of employees. If I remember correctly, when the pilots negotiated their contract, they were quite a bit lower than similar pilots in different companies. Again, relying on my memory, they were due a big bump in pay.

It's short sided to compare our %'s to theirs.
same goes for the ports, railroad, etc?

some1else

Banned
Have you ever heard of a concept called “comps”. When you sell your house your realtor will look at comparable houses, even those houses are completely different from yours and owned by someone else.
We ended up around 16% while the railroad got 28, ports 30, pilots 30-40%. They might not be the exact same house” as yours but they shop at the same grocery store and buy cars at the same dealership.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Yeah, I'm familiar with comps. I do other things besides drive a truck.

I also own a house that comps for $300,000. A few miles away, in the same city, same ambiance, there are houses that sell for millions.

The thing is, I can't sell my house for a million dollars, even in the same zip code, because, umm, things are different.

Pilots don't live in my neighborhood.

some1else

Banned
Were you seriously expecting a 40% raise?

I mean, I'm all for it, but was that what you thought was going to happen?
Yes
that’s what we needed to get back to the spending power 10-15 years ago we had. Official inflation numbers are a bit less but real numbers yes, especially housing. I bought my house for 300 when I was making 28$. Now it’s worth 700 and top rate is 44? I wouldn’t want to be a driver trying to start out right now.

MAKAVELI

Yes
that’s what we needed to get back to the spending power 10-15 years ago we had. Official inflation numbers are a bit less but real numbers yes, especially housing. I bought my house for 300 when I was making 28$. Now it’s worth 700 and top rate is 44? I wouldn’t want to be a driver trying to start out right now.
Welcome to the real world.