BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Is it because you suck?
You suck!
87F9C77E-5A08-4B3D-BE58-800C2D38A752.gif

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

IMG_1753.GIF
It’s been almost a month since I’ve been laid off as a ups driver. I was one of the best drivers out of all the casual drivers that started with me. They laid me off on the 26th day. I showed up early everyday to sort my truck to ensure I had a smooth day and to finish the route. Did whatever they asked me to do. I felt be littled. So tomorrow morning I’m going to put on my uniform and show up to my center ready to work. And to prove to them that I am serious to work regardless of the outcome. Regardless if they ask for my uniform and ID back. But at least I made the initiative to show UPS I am serious. But at the end they are going to look at me and laugh and think of me as just a number. But at the end of they day I will know that I gave it my all and at least I tried. So critizize me all you want. It’s up to me to determine my life and my future.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Unfortunately he got the usual Unwelcome to BC response to his question.
Its a rough crowd here as of late.
It always is, in a contract year.
I love how they say its slow. I have never believed those numbers. They just like to keep all the routes overloaded, and working 10 to 12 hours a day.
I gave up trying to understand UPS logic.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Its a rough crowd here as of late.
It always is, in a contract year.
I love how they say its slow. I have never believed those numbers. They just like to keep all the routes overloaded, and working 10 to 12 hours a day.
I gave up trying to understand UPS logic.
I did a route that was in the yellow today (I guess yellow means a light day less than 8.5 hours?) and it had 170 stops! The car was stuffed full front to back, so I don't know where Ups comes up with their numbers, but they are NEVER accurate. If it was planned for an 8.5 hour day, then I was almost 2 hours over today.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Been doing the exact same thing for 29 years.
Forget the lack of integrity, have you ever calculated how much of a monetary loss 29 years of doing that cost you?
You would have done that once in the center I retired from. Management would have stopped you. There would have been about a dozen cards filed the first time you did it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I did a route that was in the yellow today (I guess yellow means a light day less than 8.5 hours?) and it had 170 stops! The car was stuffed full front to back, so I don't know where Ups comes up with their numbers, but they are NEVER accurate. If it was planned for an 8.5 hour day, then I was almost 2 hours over today.
Yes, gotta love their numbers. My route got so bad even when a sup came with me to show me how, and he thought we slammed it we were 1.5 late. I only agreed to the help to prove the point.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Forget the lack of integrity, have you ever calculated how much of a monetary loss 29 years of doing that cost you?
You would have done that once in the center I retired from. Management would have stopped you. There would have been about a dozen cards filed the first time you did it.
about 130k??