It’s time I do something about this.

Hanz90

How's that management crap working out for him?
I mean I’m still working at my other job. Still make good money but the benefits aren’t as good as ups however, I still get to see my family and still have a life after work while you’re out there till late and never get to see your family.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Being laid off is a stressful time, especially with a family and needing to provide.

Remember this, nobody here is going to pay your bills for you.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I did a route that was in the yellow today (I guess yellow means a light day less than 8.5 hours?) and it had 170 stops! The car was stuffed full front to back, so I don't know where Ups comes up with their numbers, but they are NEVER accurate. If it was planned for an 8.5 hour day, then I was almost 2 hours over today.
They are a production tool... get your center manager out there to show you how to run those numbers... get dragons beat down ass out on your route.... better have 911 ready on your phone when he starts wheezing because of shortness of breath and his left arm starts going numb....

Rack em

Made the Podium
They are a production tool... get your center manager out there to show you how to run those numbers... get dragons beat down ass out on your route.... better have 911 ready on your phone when he starts wheezing because of shortness of breath and his left arm starts going numb....
There's no way they could do it. It has businesses in a downtown area where you have to park sometimes 2 blocks away from places and cart everything because there is never anywhere to park. Not to mention the preloader isn't given enough time to make it a decent load so stuff it just loaded where ever. I don't think it is possible to scratch this route lol.

El Correcto

god is dead
It’s been almost a month since I’ve been laid off as a ups driver. I was one of the best drivers out of all the casual drivers that started with me. They laid me off on the 26th day. I showed up early everyday to sort my truck to ensure I had a smooth day and to finish the route. Did whatever they asked me to do. I felt be littled. So tomorrow morning I’m going to put on my uniform and show up to my center ready to work. And to prove to them that I am serious to work regardless of the outcome. Regardless if they ask for my uniform and ID back. But at least I made the initiative to show UPS I am serious. But at the end they are going to look at me and laugh and think of me as just a number. But at the end of they day I will know that I gave it my all and at least I tried. So critizize me all you want. It’s up to me to determine my life and my future.
tenor.gif

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I don’t need to kiss ass. My work spoke for its self.
Wait until you friend up... you won’t be any different than the rest when they walk your ass out, but the union will be the ones there trying to get your job back for you... it won’t be ups... remember that!! I’ve seen it happen many times here!!

There's no way they could do it. It has businesses in a downtown area where you have to park sometimes 2 blocks away from places and cart everything because there is never anywhere to park. Not to mention the preloader isn't given enough time to make it a decent load so stuff it just loaded where ever. I don't think it is possible to scratch this route lol.
Park closer.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Block traffic

IESucks

It’s been almost a month since I’ve been laid off as a ups driver. I was one of the best drivers out of all the casual drivers that started with me. They laid me off on the 26th day. I showed up early everyday to sort my truck to ensure I had a smooth day and to finish the route. Did whatever they asked me to do. I felt be littled. So tomorrow morning I’m going to put on my uniform and show up to my center ready to work. And to prove to them that I am serious to work regardless of the outcome. Regardless if they ask for my uniform and ID back. But at least I made the initiative to show UPS I am serious. But at the end they are going to look at me and laugh and think of me as just a number. But at the end of they day I will know that I gave it my all and at least I tried. So critizize me all you want. It’s up to me to determine my life and my future.
Ups doesn't care how good you are ... Ever...

IESucks

So as a casual driver coming in early everyday to sort my truck and trying everything possible to make book makes the job harder? We don’t need people like you? Even the union told me to to do everything I can to make book. I was doing what I could to make book. Take your negativity and shove it.
It's not negativity, its fact .

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
So you worked off the clock?
I hope you never make senority.
People who work off the clock are in violation of the contract and should be thrown out of the union.

You weaken the union every second you work off the clock.

I wish they would fire people that work off the clock.
Loonie tunes!
Hopefully you are a much better person in real life than how you present yourself here on Brown Cafe.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I mean I’m still working at my other job. Still make good money but the benefits aren’t as good as ups however, I still get to see my family and still have a life after work while you’re out there till late and never get to see your family.

You never told us that you were working at your other job. You gave us the impression that you were sitting at home waiting for the call.

Based on this new info, do not go to work this morning dressed and ready to go. Let things take their natural course. Soon enough you will be on here complaining that you are working too many hours.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
My post was a reply to our resident lurky partner but you decide to take a jab at me saying I don't get to see my family. You must not want to see your family since you work for free. I can leave here at any time and you have 30 more years with :censored2:bags like dragon. I was working here before your daddy squirted you out, so just remember that.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
6F7BE250-63CF-45EB-862E-5EC5369654FF.gif
My post was a reply to our resident lurky partner but you decide to take a jab at me saying I don't get to see my family. You must not want to see your family since you work for free. I can leave here at any time and you have 30 more years with :censored2:bags like dragon. I was working here before your daddy squirted you out, so just remember that.