It was a promising job once

DontThrowPackages

Dude, the economy was fine during the first half of the 2000's. But millions of bad loans were made, and Wall Street exacerbated the problem with derivative investments made of thousands of loans packaged together and so complicated few could fathom them. The near bank collapse had nothing to do with the wars. Nor did I get this from Rush, or Sean, or Bill. Unlike some BSers around here I followed this stuff closely because my number one concern was having enough to escape this circus. It's lazy to assume that all conservatives hang on every word of our commentators while liberals are all just naturally brilliant. But that's ok, it's obvious when y'all don't know what you're talking about you fall back on the old Faux News line.
Wasn't it the Bush Administration who prodded banks to give out those loan? Yes. Regardless, the recession started just after 9-11. Fox leaves that info out of its daily sermons.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wasn't it the Bush Administration who prodded banks to give out those loan? Yes. Regardless, the recession started just after 9-11. Fox leaves that info out of its daily sermons.

Hey, you're using facts. FOX doesn't use any facts. That's unfair!! What I don't understand is that vantexan is a smart guy, except when it comes to his politics.

vantexan

Nope, the recession started in 2000, we got out of it with the Bush tax cuts, and the Bush Administration spoke out against the too easy credit that was pushed by Dodd and Frank.

vantexan

I'm all for letting the birth of an unwanted child happen, so long as the people who want an end to planned parenthood pay for those children's expenses. You want unwanted babies to be born, you pay for them with your tax money.

Plenty of couples desperately want a baby, maybe plan for that parenthood.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm all for letting the birth of an unwanted child happen, so long as the people who want an end to planned parenthood pay for those children's expenses. You want unwanted babies to be born, you pay for them with your tax money.

The last I read it costs about $250K to raise a child from birth through age 18. This does not include college, although we know that few if any unwanted children end up going to college.

DontThrowPackages

Plenty of couples desperately want a baby, maybe plan for that parenthood.
But not every baby is taken. Those babies end up in foster homes or with someone who only sees them as a paycheck from the government or even worse as a sexual object. And what career opportunities will there be for them? I don't have a number but its fair to say some end up on drugs and or in prison. Google "foster kid kills parents" and you'll get an ideal.
Funny how the GOP will protest for that kid to be born but are totally fine with sentencing him to the death penalty for committing a crime.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
But not every baby is taken. Those babies end up in foster homes or with someone who only sees them as a paycheck from the government or even worse as a sexual object. And what career opportunities will there be for them? I don't have a number but its fair to say some end up on drugs and or in prison. Google "foster kid kills parents" and you'll get an ideal.
Funny how the GOP will protest for that kid to be born but are totally fine with sentencing him to the death penalty for committing a crime.

But, but .. even when a girl/woman is raped, you must bear the child.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/11-y...birth-to-rapists-baby-lives-through-delivery/

NonyaBiznes

Question for the Republicans:

If the candidates always say they want "smaller government" ...
... why in the hell are the "running for a government job?"

Just sayin'

NonyaBiznes

Regarding Illegal Immigrants:

Those damn Native Americans. Wish they would have built a wall, around the entire continent.
In 2050, when the minorities will be the majority, they should do like the Dominican Republic.

If you are not native of this land, you must go back to wherever you came from. The world has
a way of cleansing itself. We won't see it in our day, but one day I do believe "white folk" will be
enslaved. Or there will be so much "Kardashian" going on, your race will no longer exist.

vantexan

Those damn Native Americans. Wish they would have built a wall, around the entire continent.
In 2050, when the minorities will be the majority, they should do like the Dominican Republic.

If you are not native of this land, you must go back to wherever you came from. The world has
a way of cleansing itself. We won't see it in our day, but one day I do believe "white folk" will be
enslaved. Or there will be so much "Kardashian" going on, your race will no longer exist.

Well it's a good thing I'm part Cherokee! Oh wait, they're from Asia originally.

Yozh69

Every "Thug" was once an innocent child. One in the same. You politics won't let you see the hypocrisy.

There is no hypocrisy with me politics. I fail to see how "dead foster parents" comes into play with anything having to do with a child being put to death for simply "being" as opposed to a thug who has murdered somebody

What the hell does "foster parents" even have to do with this?

Yozh69

But, but .. even when a girl/woman is raped, you must bear the child.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/11-y...birth-to-rapists-baby-lives-through-delivery/

That story was in Paraquay. Are you from Paraquay? Do you really think abortion would be completely outlawed to where women are forced to give birth? I know a woman who has had 12 abortions. She uses it as birth control. She's happy there is abortion on demand. Not sure if they guys she has been with know though.

There are a lot of people who believe that a baby, no matter what the reason, should go to term. What does it matter to you other than you wouldn't be responsible for child support?

dezguy

I've always been fascinated with that argument; If you are not native you should go back to where you came from.

My family has been here for over 300 years. At this point, I don't think the country my family came from will be issuing us passports and citizenship. lol

DontThrowPackages

There is no hypocrisy with me politics. I fail to see how "dead foster parents" comes into play with anything having to do with a child being put to death for simply "being" as opposed to a thug who has murdered somebody

What the hell does "foster parents" even have to do with this?
Go back to see past threads, most unwanted kids end up in foster care. You want to be the boss of a woman's body and force her to have a child she doesn't want. Many stories illustrating the fact many foster parents are killed by these kids. But go and tell a woman how to live her life....." We want Government out of our lives...." LMBO.