It was a promising job once

FedGT

Actually that kinda doesn't sound half bad to me......but where would I charge my iphone?

This might work for you. Pedal your heart out. Hope that lightning charging works fast

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 185

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
the whole jist of that book is that you are exchanging your life for money so its important to make it worthwhile. its been over 20 years since I read it but it helped us make important decisions like did we really need that new car which was going to take 5 years of my life to pay for it?

we read books from dave ramsey and learned to downside and be frugal, buy used, and make our life count for the real important things. I applaud you for working hard and being honest but its more important to work and be smart. and make the time of your life count and not be wasteful.

mcutrono

the whole jist of that book is that you are exchanging your life for money so its important to make it worthwhile. its been over 20 years since I read it but it helped us make important decisions like did we really need that new car which was going to take 5 years of my life to pay for it?

we read books from dave ramsey and learned to downside and be frugal, buy used, and make our life count for the real important things. I applaud you for working hard and being honest but its more important to work and be smart. and make the time of your life count and not be wasteful.

Well, all kidding aside with my salary and cost of living, I have no choice but to be frugal. I will definitely get this book.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
check it out on amazon first and read the reviews. AMZ will also give you recommendations on the same subject. sometimes you just have to stop beating your head on the wall and try something new.

mcutrono

Y'all sound pretty defeated. Maybe an online petition/letter writing campaign to Senator Sanders? Maybe a link to the BC website? Maybe there is nothing to be done.

What is certain is that FDX has has the legal high ground. The only thing they might not have is public opinion but the full picture would have to get out to them. I was hoping MFE would be interested in spearheading this as he has tried many times to get media involvement and is something of a rock star in the "to the gallows with Freddy crowd".

I've written a few letters explaining the situation here for me and other couriers. Ive written a few Senators, my governor, the New York Times.

Just falls on deaf ears. These politicians and news outlets dont seem to bat an eyelash unless it's elections. Even then it's all about kickbacks. The little person doesnt have a say in government. Big money corporations do.

bbsam

Staff member
I've written a few letters explaining the situation here for me and other couriers. Ive written a few Senators, my governor, the New York Times.

Just falls on deaf ears. These politicians and news outlets dont seem to bat an eyelash unless it's elections. Even then it's all about kickbacks. The little person doesnt have a say in government. Big money corporations do.
Have you tried Sanders? I imagine a couple hundred to his campaign could prove beneficial for both parties.

slowdriver

Then compare that to the company's valuation over that same period.
It's sad really, the constant fed funds rate decline the last 30 years or so have fueled massive equity gains, meanwhile, most of the inflation that would have resulted in wage gains for the lower echelon has been exported via free trade. Entitlement/welfare for the rich. Unfortunately rates have bottomed, so hello Japan style stagnation...

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
It's sad really, the constant fed funds rate decline the last 30 years or so have fueled massive equity gains, meanwhile, most of the inflation that would have resulted in wage gains for the lower echelon has been exported via free trade. Entitlement/welfare for the rich. Unfortunately rates have bottomed, so hello Japan style stagnation...
Good post except the part about entitlements/welfare for the SUPER rich AND poor.

The SUPER rich get money in exchange for political contributions and the poor get more welfare in exchange for votes.

The middle class has been getting fleeced.

Brownpride816

I'm lost, what are you all talking about? Or where do you live? Because MOST package car drivers in my area own their house and even a lake house , nice cars and all, you should see the parking lot of this place. Also yes, it takes 4 years to be top scale, but its possible. My friend just did, he says his paycheck nearly doubled. I was confused reading this post.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm lost, what are you all talking about? Or where do you live? Because MOST package car drivers in my area own their house and even a lake house , nice cars and all, you should see the parking lot of this place. Also yes, it takes 4 years to be top scale, but its possible. My friend just did, he says his paycheck nearly doubled. I was confused reading this post.

FedEx Express.

slowdriver

Good post except the part about entitlements/welfare for the SUPER rich AND poor.

The SUPER rich get money in exchange for political contributions and the poor get more welfare in exchange for votes.

The middle class has been getting fleeced.
Trust me, I agree, but keep in mind, if the entitlements stopped, and millions of people had to fight for jobs to eat, we would instantly realize the 3rd world status we've leveled with. The entitlements mask what has happened as a consequence of free trade.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Trust me, I agree, but keep in mind, if the entitlements stopped, and millions of people had to fight for jobs to eat, we would instantly realize the 3rd world status we've leveled with. The entitlements mask what has happened as a consequence of free trade.
Who said it had to be instant?

Change is difficult.

The problem is that very few have even identified the problem.

And you can't solve the problem until you first identify it.