It was a promising job once

slowdriver

First, you bring the jobs back, and deport those illegals taking American's jobs

That's why someone like Trump is absolutely necessary.

He will bring the jobs back for Americans.
If he vows to end nafta, gatt/wto, the tpp and the federal reserve return to the gold standard I'll vote for him, but unfortunately all those things made him rich, so I highly doubt things are going to change, get use to a declining standard of living it's only gonna get worse.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
If he vows to end nafta, gatt/wto, the tpp and the federal reserve return to the gold standard I'll vote for him, but unfortunately all those things made him rich, so I highly doubt things are going to change, get use to a declining standard of living it's only gonna get worse.
He was born rich.

He's promising jobs.

If he wins, then delivers, I'll love seeing the Walmarts and other low end wage payers lose good employees to higher paying companies.

It's sort of a dream I have.

Goldilocks

Yes, send the illegals back and build a wall. Hire more border patrol. This is a huge problem for America, especially if you live in a border state. I think I like Trump but waiting to hear more about his solutions.

HardknocksUPSer

I started this job over 10 years ago. It started as a promising job with great benefits. As a matter of fact, the managers doing the interview used it as a selling point. 2 years ago, our HR rep walked in the door and said that if we had a spouse that had insurance, we might be better off with their insurance. That was the first time EVER anyone has ever said that.

Im in a market where the property taxes are ridiculous along with the rest of cost of living. In those 10+ years I am with the company, I've busted my back like I'm sure most of you have every peak. I did it not for the company, but for myself and my family so I could get home on Christmas eve and be with them. One year I did 260 stops in one day a few days before Christmas, yes Im an idiot who wanted to clear things out to get home to his family, and yes, I was falling asleep at the dining room table like every other year. Every day at work I do my route as efficiently as I can. Not for the company, but because I value time spent with my family. Im not saying I'm terrific, I'm just saying I do my job, I dont milk my route by reading the paper in between stops and I do help out people next to me when I can.

10+ years later. Ive gotten a total of $5 more an hour. I'm still making $8+ less than guys at the top, guys who told me when they started they were pushed to top pay a year in.

I'm making $2 an hour than the guy that walked through the door yesterday and will quit in 2 weeks. I'm at the point in my life now where being married and having kids I cant just quit. Me and my family will probably have to leave the state, and leave our families behind because I cant just up and leave and start over at the bottom with another job.

Fedex doesnt care about turnover. I've seen alot of people leave the company that were great couriers, and people that cant read a map take their place. Ive seen great couriers get written up over things so trivial while the garbage courier gets away scott free. This place rewards incompetence. It's amazing. I doubt anyone from Memphis will read this, and quite frankly I could care less if they do. Nothing will change. I saw the post about raises. I WILL NEVER SEE top pay in this company. They see night routes as a reward for working here. They say, "Oh theres always ways to make more money here, we have 5 open night routes" More money per hour is a reward and getting to go home to your family without spending 13 hours at work. And now they enforce this one hour break garbage. It may not be company wide, but it is district wide where I am. Some days i work 6.5 hours and have to take an hour break or we get a letter. There is no more P-S-P Philosophy. It's just Profit-Profit-Profit.

I have no problems with those of you raising your pompoms in praise of the company. Good for you. Maybe in some other states it's better. But where I am, it's a sweatshop. I'm trapped. They force you to do night routes on a whim. They call it a "draft list" now. But it's always the same guys getting forced. Comical. Late freight what seems like everyday for 7 months.

I just needed to vent. And I cant wait for the day where I can finally rid myself of this job.
I hate to hear this, I really do, I started at UPS almost a year ago and the day before I started UPS I was supposed to start at fedex, knowing what I know now im so glad I didn't, reading post like this makes me think "do I really want a career in the parcel industry" however things seem to be brighter at UPS (I think) anyhow when it comes down to it, we have it better than more than most of the world.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I hate to hear this, I really do, I started at UPS almost a year ago and the day before I started UPS I was supposed to start at fedex, knowing what I know now im so glad I didn't, reading post like this makes me think "do I really want a career in the parcel industry" however things seem to be brighter at UPS (I think) anyhow when it comes down to it, we have it better than more than most of the world.

Aren't you glad you listened to us? Lol.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
[, but I will tQUOTE="Route 66, post: 1732351, member: 40816"]Unfortunately, your story is that of far too many.

Look on the bright side - if you thought this was a promising job with great bennies ten years ago, imagine how those of us who started some 25 to 30+ years ago feel about it now.

Watching the long steady erosion of what was once a highly desireable place to work is really quite depressing. And many of us feel like the frog that was placed in the kettle of water with the burner being ever so slowly turned up.

We should've jumped a long time ago, but foolishly felt that it wouldn't/couldn't possibly get any hotter.[/QUOTE]

Both you and the OP nailed it. If you think you've been screwed and you're new, those of us old-timers really got it. The very people who made FedEx thrive and at one time, literally survive, were it's outstanding employees.

Fred started with screwing us, and now he's really nailing the newbies. I couldn't hate anyone more than I do Mr. Smith, for what he did, and for what he's still doing.

As far as Bernie Sanders go, I love the guy, but he isn't going to be the candidate. I have not ever contacted him, but I will try, and encourage others to also inform him of an excellent example of what he is railing against...our wonderful company, and our Dear Leader, Pol Pot Smith.

mcutrono

It's amazing isnt it? I'm not asking for a million dollar mansion, a summer house or a yacht. Im just looking to make a life for me and my family. But these guys are too busy choking down their caviar and looking at the share price to even care

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
First, you bring the jobs back, and deport those illegals taking American's jobs

That's why someone like Trump is absolutely necessary.

He will bring the jobs back for Americans.

He's a freaking idiot, a joke, and would be an embarrassment as our President. It's unimaginable that there are people out there STUPID enough to support this assclown.

slowdriver

I think Sanders definitely has a good chance, people are starting to see through the Red team Vs Blue team mentality that the wealthy corporate donors encourage, which is nothing more than a divide and conquer strategy designed to fill their pockets.

FedEx is sadly one of those donors. One of the largest donors towards the most recent tpp bill, which will only kill more jobs and drive wages down further.

I wish you luck contacting him, FedEx is definitely one of the worst offenders at manipulating the political system for monetary gain.

vantexan

He's a freaking idiot, a joke, and would be an embarrassment as our President. It's unimaginable that there are people out there STUPID enough to support this assclown.
He's a pompous ass, but he's no idiot. That's not your name on all those buildings. But I think the Repubs will ultimately go a different direction, and you'll eviscerate anyone they choose. Yesterday's Iran deal pretty much sealed the deal for the Repubs getting the Presidency. Hillary will get embarrassed in the debates defending that and every other debacle of this administration.